“Lovely Bnb with great breakfasts”

Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lovely Bnb with great breakfasts”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Magretta was a wonderful host! Before our trip, she was great at communicating via email and was sure to promptly answer any of our questions. The evening of our arrival, she was very welcoming, gave us a tour of the house, and provided great information about local restaurants and sights in St. Louis.

The house itself was quite large and well located within driving distance of all the St. Louis sights. The room we stayed in, the Bissel Tower Room, was the smallest of the three rooms Magretta rents out in the house, but it was still spacious, well decorated, and clean. We enjoyed the comfortable bed, hot shower, and nice bath products provided.

The best part of our stay had to be Magretta's amazing breakfasts. Over the two days we stayed she offered delicious bacon, sour-cream and onion eggs, fruit cups, homemade gingerbread scones, Finnish Pancakes, etc. It was difficult to leave the table, the food was so good. We very much enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this place to others looking for a cozy Bnb in St. Louis.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
California
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The Forget-me-not B&B was a wonderful place to stay after a long drive. My friend and I had the Grand Tower room which had a very comfortable bed and lots of space. The bathroom had fancy lotions and shampoos which we were delighted to use. We loved the library with the snack room! It's thoughtful touches like these that makes this a great place to stay. Magretta is very friendly and an accommodating host who is very passionate about this property. The breakfast in the morning was amazing, especially the peach scones! We wish were able to stay longer and would love to come back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank aeropostale
virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This was my second stay at Forget-me-not B and B. It was wonderful again. I stayed 2 nights. Magretta is a gracious host and a wonderful cook. The house is lovely. I stayed in the Bissell Tower room, which is very comfortable and quiet. It is at the top of the house, and getting there requires that you maneuver a narrow set of stairs, so those with stair issues might prefer a room on the lower floor.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dianaArlington
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was my first time at a Bed & Breakfast. Being a guy, I can't say that it was at the top of the list of things that I wanted to do in my life. However, I did find Forget-me-not to be a really pleasant place to stay.

The house is old, but it is in excellent condition. We found our room to be surprisingly large (well, the bathroom is tiny, but that's fine) and very comfortable. It was a little warm when we visited, but the window AC unit kept us cool as we slept. The neighborhood was quiet, and we were able to sleep very comfortably and soundly.

Breakfast was very delicious as well! We were offered OJ, cranberry juice, coffee, and tea every morning. Our first morning we had ebelskivers (never heard of them before, but very good), and the second day we had a french toast & fruit bake/casserole (my words, but trust me, very good), with eggs and sausage. The food was very good, and the company of the other couples was just as pleasant.

We found the owners to be very polite and accommodating as well. They spent time with us when we first arrived and gave us a history of the house, as well as a tour. There were plenty of books, DVDs, and games to use, although we were too busy to partake. Also, they have two dogs that are very well behaved. Not once did I hear them bark, nor were they difficult during breakfast.

Again, this isn't something that I would normally want to do myself, but I had such a pleasant experience that I would not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this lovely B and B. Chuck and Magretta could not have been
more gracious. They were very accommodating . Great location. Chucks breakfast
was awesome. So many wonderful small touches that make you feel at home
and comfortable. Just love this place!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed at the Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast for my 50th birthday. The house is amazing, our room (the Compton) had the most comfortable bed and a wonderful jacuzzi. Magretta and Chuck are gracious hosts and the breakfast was a veritable gourmet feast! They even accommodated my wife's gluten allergy. We highly recommend this B&B!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My wife and I went there for her birthday this past weekend and had a great time. The house is amazing to look at. The location is so close to all the attractions of St. Louis. The breakfast in the morning was soooooo amazing. I could not get enough. Great one night get away.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple