“Best crab cakes ever!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Reviewed 1 July 2014

You can have all meals at Red and I did. Staying at the Hyatt for a conference, it was very convenient to eat there. I had the breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner. The breakfast buffet was pricey but really good. The omelette station was great with lots of options (regular eggs, egg beater, egg white). There were a variety of meats, potatoes, cheese, fruits, yogurt (plain! a rare thing) and oatmeal and pastries. You could easily make it a brunch that would take you all the way to dinner. Lunch was ok. The lunch special is a good price but not as good. The tuna sandwich I ordered felt like it had been sitting there a while with the bread being a bit dry on top. The other lunches I ordered from the menu. The crab cakes I had as an appetizer for dinner one night made for a nice lunch with a side of French beans. They were great and not loaded with bread-crumb. Dinner was very good. I had the grilled salmon and it was very tasty and not overcooked.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Nothing special, typical made to order omelet but the rest was typical hot plates of scrambled eggs et el. Not that much on the buffet either.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed in the same hotel that this small eatery is in. It has an 'upscale' feel but the food is so-so and the service was not up to par. I was given the wrong menu for the time of the day. Selection is very limited and portion sizes are small compared or the price. Don't get me wrong, I like smaller portion sizes but I paid nearly $10 for half a sandwich and a side. The friend I was with wanted a BLT plain. She had toasted bread which could be used as a hockey puck and 3 pieces of bacon. That's it. She didn't want the lettuce or tomato on it, so that's what she got and was charged nearly $6. The other lady I was with ordered a BLT with cheese and the cheese was left off. When the waitress was told, the plate was taken back and a slice of cheese was placed inside sandwich. With the BLT came the specialty chips. They are okay, but tasted more like they had been cooked in old oil, they left a slight aftertaste. The waitress did not have any other tables but one and we had to flag her down to get refills (the glasses are small and after a few drinks you are empty). When we paid we were given our change in only dollar bills, no cents. We were told that they didn't carry change and everything is rounded up. We weren't given the correct change back either.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

You can get fish, chicken, steak or veggies cooked the way you want them with choose your own sauces and sides. I had poached salmon an onion/garlic sauce, with French gr beans and lentils. Nice wine list. Would definitely go back if in the area.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

So much to eat, so little time. Price was $17 per person and it was fantastic! Great selection of food. Highly recommend eating there if you're staying at the hotel.