Missouri Athletic Club
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$260
US$463
US$406
  • Restaurant
The Parkway Hotel(Saint Louis)
US$225
US$209
  • Breakfast included
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$420
US$352
Curio.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$320
Moonrise Hotel(Saint Louis)
US$271
All reviewsathletic facilitiesbusch stadiumgreat clubwithin walking distanceseveral floorsshort strollhistoric buildinghighly recommend staying herecardinals gameupgraded to a suiteguest roomsan overnight staybell hophotel is beautifulchecking outupon checkshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Good hotel with impressive sport facilities. If you want an experience before the traditional hotel room this is a good option for you.

The location is great and the service quite good. The rooms are a little bit old but all clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Zach F, Rooms Manager at Missouri Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Thank you very much for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a different experience. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the extensive athletic facilities as well. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here for 1 night whilst on a road trip
Good points - reasonable price, good location, nice welcoming staff, free wifi, parking at a price
Not so good points - room was a bit dated but clean, shower wasn't so great, there was a dress code for the building

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Talcolm

Thank you very much for your review of the MAC! I'm glad that we had an opportunity to have you as our guest for one night during your road trip. While it is true that rooms are a bit dated, our staff focuses on making sure they are clean and comfortable for our guests. I apologize that your shower experience was sub par and hope that it did not hinder your overall view of your stay. Thank you again for staying with us and reviewing the club. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to St. Louis!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

No doubt about it, this place is stunning. If you are into historic hotels, I would recommend this place for the atmosphere, location, and service. If you want highly appointed guest rooms, take a pass, unless you are like me and are happy with a comfortable room that isn't glistening with modern amenities. First, parking is extra in a covered garage attached to the hotel. Hotel service is top notch with friendly and professional staff at every turn. This is a private club with rooms available on a few floors for club members, their guests, and guests not related to the club. Since the hotel is a working club, guests have access to all the athletic amenities while staying there. We didn't take advantage, but the facilities looked nice. I was too busy admiring the carved woodwork, chandeliers, grand ballrooms, comfy seating arrangements strategically positioned around the lobby, and the antiques. We really expected the luxury to continue, but when the elevator door opened, we left the comfort of our wood paneled elevator and found ourselves in a dimly lit hallway with stucco walls sorely in need of a paint job. Mismatched doors lined the halls, some with door knobs, others with the modern electronic key card doors. It was really a let down and we padded along the carpet looking for our room. Our room had a key card entry, but no "do not disturb" sign, deadbolt, or chain. The room was austere with no art of any kind on the walls. Colonial style furniture decorated the room which also held an extremely comfortable bed with tasteful bed coverings. Room darkening drapes covered the windows. The carpet needs replacing because paths are clearly worn into the pile and there is some staining, however, the carpet was clean as was the rest of the room. The three table lamps in the room all need new shades. Ours were torn and stained, which is something guests should not find at this price point, and especially in a building of this quality. We couldn't find a channel guide in any of the drawers, but we did find the hair dryer in one nightstand and a note on the other nightstand that said the hairdryer was tucked inside of the nightstand. I would suggest placing the dryer in a cloth bag and hanging it from the back of the bathroom door. The bathroom was small as is typical in older hotels so the sink was small and only a tiny shower stall was available. Being small myself, I had no problem with it, and as I said before, I enjoy the charm and there was nothing wrong with it at all. My husband is almost 6 feet and he said he didn't mind the tight space. Hot water was readily available and the shower head was comfortable as it had been replaced. There are no towel racks, but I tucked the towels into the vertical wire towel holder that is used to house clean towels. I think someone mentioned the floor as being dirty. It's just old. Sure, it looks dirty, but years of use have darkened and worn the tiles. Once again, I found it charming. No marble and shiny faucets with massive space to put your things, but I certainly didn't mind. What matters is it's clean, comfortable and quiet. Our room was all of these things. We dined in the casual restaurant downstairs for breakfast during our stay and found the waitstaff friendly and professional. They knew customers by name, and after awhile even knew what we liked for breakfast. I loved the country potatoes, as they called them, but they are really just hash browns. Delicious. We will definitely stay here again. The location is perfect: the Arch, river, LaClede's Landing, football stadium and baseball stadiums are walking distance, while the Metro stops a block away for ease to other locations.

Room Tip: Ask if a river view room is available otherwise you might get stuck staring at the wall of the Hampton Inn next door.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Babu2773

Thank you very much for your extensive review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the overall experience of the club. We are continuing to replace and upgrade many of the guest room items you mentioned and greatly appreciate your feedback to assist us. Thank you again for taking the time to write a thorough review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed at MAC for the first time in March 2013. It takes a lot to impress my husband and I can tell you he was VERY impressed! The staff was exceptionally helpful, the room was awesome. It was the first time MAC opened their rooms for the Supercross event and we made sure to ask they do this again! We have been attending the supercross downtown at the dome for 11 years and have stayed in just about every hotel around the dome and MAC, by far, was the best yet! The only complaint I have is the only place we had wireless was if we were sitting in the bathroom!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Zach F, Rooms Manager at Missouri Athletic Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We had many guests staying with us for the Supercross event and certainly plan on welcoming guests of this and other events at the Edward Jones Dome back to the MAC. I sincerely apologize for the poor wireless internet signal in your room. I understand how frustrating that can be. We are currently upgrading and expanding our entire internet system to prevent such issues from happening. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you to St. Louis and thank you again!

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I recently booked this hotel as it was located perfectly in the downtown area of several places we needed to go to. Everything was within walking distance and I was pleased with the staffs assistance with direction and offerance to call cabs or use their shuttle service. The hotel lobby and adjoining rooms were all unbelievably beautiful. It was like walking back in time and I was pleased that they kept the beauty and didn't go commercial. The rooms were a bit less attractive, however the suite we had was clean and the linens were new and fresh. The televisions were also very new, and I was pleased with the rates. The staff was very kind and I never once felt unwelcomed, as a female I felt comfortable and was treated well. I will admit that the hotel does have a bit of a "ghostly" feel to it at night though. With over 100 years of history I imagine it would! I will always go to the MAC when in St. Louis!

Room Tip: pay the little bit extra and get a suite, it's only $10 more a night and well worth the extra room. also there are no refrigerators - bring a cooler if you have a need for refreshments.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review! I am very pleased that you enjoyed the historic building, service, and convenient location. Most of all I am happy to hear that you felt comfortable and were treated well by everyone. We hope to see you back very soon and thank you again for staying with us!