Missouri History Museum
Ranked #23 of 274 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: The Missouri History Museum preserves St. Louis and Missouri history through exhibitions, programs, research, publications, archives and permanent collections. Visitors discover stories of Lewis & Clark and westward expansion, the 1904 World's Fair, the brewing industry, Lindbergh and aviation history, St. Louis' importance to the civil rights movement, and more. Long-term exhibitions include "Seeking St. Louis" and "1904 World's Fair: Looking Back at Looking Forward." Visit the Museum's website for information on special exhibitions.
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

The 1904 World's Fair exhibit is a must see - it tells about the fair but also tells about the construction of the park.
The paid exhibits vary - I love history so I've enjoyed them all and thought they were worth the money.

All reviews
in 108 reviews
"temporary exhibits"
"changing exhibits"
in 10 reviews
"hanging from the ceiling"
"special exhibits"
in 14 reviews
"free parking"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Nice history summary but I question the selection of content. ...at every turn it seems we were introduced to black history. We came to the conclusion that those "in charge" have an agenda.

1  Thank john b
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The kids portion of the museum is very cute, and the Worlds Fair exhibit was very interesting. I liked the modern history of St. Louis exhibit as well, although the more historical part was not as engaging. Nice museum, albeit a bit small in terms of exhibits.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wow! What a great museum. The Missouri History Museum is a must-see, and as an added bonus: it's free!

Now, bear in mind that there are a few special exhibitions that may have a separate admission fee. However, I went to the free exhibits and they were great and comprehensive. I went through the complimentary exhibit on the St. Louis World's Fair, and they had an audio tour that was also free which added a lot to all of the pieces that were on display.

This museum is clean, bright and well-staffed. There was a problem with a video in one of the exhibits, and I went out to find someone to help and it was fixed within 60 seconds. I believe I spent at least two hours here, and that was just visiting two exhibits on the first floor. There is a lot more to see here, and it's a great place for anyone with a sense of curiosity. Located in Forest Park, there are many other things to do here. Parking can be sparse in the lots next to the museum, but I was easily able to find parking along the road to other areas of the park (mind you, this was mid-November). I highly recommend a stop here to any visitors; I know it will be on my list next time I'm in Saint Louis.

1  Thank Schuyler P
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 May 2014

What more could you ask for free,free, free!! These are professional exhibits with plenty of room to explore and inquire and you never feel pressure since it is free. My son and I we're able to see the special exhibit for free since we are both military. What a great way to spend the day together without spending a huge amount of money. Located in Forest Park the setting is wonderful although parking is a bit complicated. But if you are ok with walking you won't even notice. Enjoy!!!