“Take a ride”

St. Louis Carriage Company
Ranked #14 of 37 Tours in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: Historical or romantic horse drawn carriage rides through downtown St. Louis. Established in 1985, St. Louis Carriage Company is the original, largest and finest carriage company in St. Louis. Come look for our Cinderella carriage for a magical tour! We also offer carriage rides for private events weddings and parties throughout the St. Louis region.
Quincy, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Take a ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Great ride and a fair price. Try to get the open top carriage as you can see about much better. These are horse drawn so be aware that strangely enough they smell like a horse. And they are not house broken so the smells are part of the ambiance of the ride. For me the 15 minute was sufficient and cost about $30.

Visited July 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

If you want a great tour of St. Louis this is the way to go!
Shannon & his Clydesdale Quaker were fantastic, knowledgable of the city and so much fun! As an animal lover myself it was great to see how Shannon and his horse interacted and how they bonded!
When calling to set up a ride, I requested Shannon & Quaker! They made sure they gave me a wait time and location and they were very friendly as well!
The ride was very worth the price!
Thank you!

Visited May 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A FUN surprise for my team”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

They were very easy to work with and could accommodate groups of various sizes. I had my team of 9 picked up in one large carriage and taken to our dinner destination through downtown St. Louis. It was a HUGE HIT! What a nice change of pace.

Visited June 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Driver groused about management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

If all you want is a horse taxi, this is it. The phone staff was quite courteous and even arranged to send a carriage to my hotel to pick us up! However, I grew increasingly frustrated with the driver. She didn't know anything about the city or its landmarks and she griped about company management! For example, we drove by an outdoor park with several statues, one of which is a guy in a suit but with his head missing! I asked what that was about. She didn't know. Then came the telling part. She said, and I quote, "I get asked that a lot. I looked it up once, but I can't remember the answer." Really? Your customers ask about it a lot and you don't take pride in your job enough to know the answer!?! Call me crazy, but I'd fire that girl immediately! Part of the ambiance of such rides is to chat with the driver and get answers to your questions. And I certainly don't want to hear about the driver's complaints about company management. The ride cost me $60 bucks for 3 people + tip. It would have been more meaningful to just walk the few blocks to our destination.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank pro47
Kentucky
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We took a spur of the moment river side ride. The ride was wonderful and the driver was also very nice. Highly recommend just for the experience! :-)

Visited June 2012