Hotel Ignacio
  • Restaurant
Hotel Avyan(Saint Louis)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewstriumph grilllouis universityfox theatermotorcycle museumboutique hotelinteresting artworkwithin walking distancegreat boutiquegrand centerchain hotelscomfortable bedfront desk staffhotel is beautifuldefinitely stay here againdowntown areaslucampus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed there in September while visiting my son at St Louis University. It was hot outside, in the low 90's, even in the early evening. I got to my nice but warm room. I hate being hot and it was hot outside so I immediately tried to turn my room's thermostat down. The thermostat would not go down below 72 degrees. I usually like my rooms about 68 degrees.

I contacted the front desk. I was told that the thermostats could only be programmed down to 72 degrees - and not lower. But, not to worry, I was told, because they had plenty of box fans (as apparently this was a common complaint). They brought me a box fan which helped but it was noisy which made it hard to sleep. Their goal to save a few bucks - by keeping the rooms tepid - cost them this customer in the future.

On top of that problem, the rooms boasted that they were one of the few hotels in the country that ditched the conventional room phones for a computer pad instead. I tried to call the front desk on the computer pad but it would not work. The room literature said if you could not figure out how to use it then a conventional phone was on the table between the beds. The problem was that phone was missing out of my room. I had to call the front desk on my cell phone. They sent a guy up and he said my computer pad phone was broken because he couldn't get it to work either. He offered no explanation for the missing table phone .

I would not stay here again. The room was not cool enough for me when it was over 90 degrees outside. I don't like a "Big Brother" hotel telling me that I can't turn the Air Conditioning down below 72 degrees. If you don't mind propping a noisy box fan on the floor - and if you can sleep in a tepid room - then you can make do. But, next time, I will take my $200+ and stay some where where I can really cool down on a hot day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank irishbogs
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for your review, Irishbogs. Our thermostats indeed do go to 68 degrees. Even at this temperature we have guests who want additional cooling in the rooms, but that is a very rare request. I do apologize that your stay was not as comfortable for you as it could have been and will check to see why your thermostat was not working correctly. If you would take a moment to email me the name that your reservation was under I will investigate the thermostat and missing phone. gm@hotelignaciostl.com. Very best, Stacey

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Lovely hotel (great staff! fantastic mattress! Great showers! Nice decor!) but the room was a liiittle small for the price, especially sans breakfast. Overall nice, modern hotel in an antique structure and central downtown location.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here on a trip to see our college daughter play field hockey. Hotel is modern, beds are extremely comfortable (including incredibly soft sheets and great pillows!). The staff is very helpful and friendly. Breakfast, though not included, was delicious and very well priced. The only negative was there were no drawers for clothes if you wanted to unpack! Would not keep me from staying again and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel was very modern and beautiful. Everything seemed new from the key entry to the shower and beds.
The best part about it was the friendly, helpful staff. I stayed here for a wedding and my necklace went down the sink drain! I had to leave for the church and pleaded with Brett at the front desk to help get it out. When I returned from the wedding my necklace was on the desk! He had to take the sink apart but he found it! THANK You, Brett!

The restaurant had a delicious breakfast, too. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Coastiequeen
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed in this hotel as we were in St Louis for a wedding and I was impressed by how beautiful it was and how incredibly friendly the staff were...This really made our stay worthwhile, as did the bikes out for hire. This hotel was recommended by a friend from St Louis and, although it wasn't quite within our budget, we decided to treat ourselves. The beds were exquisitely comfortable and the room well decorated and very clean. It is also well-located close to some important parts of town. The only downside was that breakfast was not included even though there was tea and coffee available downstairs. It would have been nice to get even a continental style breakfast considering that the room was not cheap. However, the friendliness of the staff made up for this and I would certainly return if I could afford to splash out again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends