“Lived up to the reviews, and more”
Review of Hotel Ignacio

Hotel Ignacio
Ranked #35 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Dallas
“Lived up to the reviews, and more”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed here for one night as it was near the museums I wanted to visit, and the price was good. I arrived several hours before check in as I'd taken Amtrak to St Louis, hoping to dump my suitcase, but instead the front desk staff said "no problem with early check-in" and gave me my keys. I can't think of any of the large hotel chains that would allow me to check in six hours early without charging me.

The room was spotless and the bath had a rather wonderful shower with an oversized shower head. One embarrassing problem - the phone was so high-tech that I had to read the dirctions before I could make a call.

After checkout, I realized I'd left my Amtrak ticket in my room. Again, no problem - an employee went to my vacated room, found the ticket, and brought it down to the front desk.

Room Tip: Some rooms' views may be better than others, but this wasn't a priority for me this time.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed at the Ignacio for two nights while on business in the St. Louis area. It was really perfect. On my first night in, I was able to get something great to eat at the attached Triumph restaurant. It was so good that I ate there the second night as well. The Temperpedic mattress in the room was covered in delicious sheets. The hairdryer actually dried my hair and the toiletries were high end. Super funky and fun!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My husband and I went to STL for the Beyonce’ concert and stayed at hotel Ignacio. The hotel is lovely, with very nice paintings everywhere. I would consider it a “ADULT HOTEL” I would definitely think twice about brining children to the hotel as there is no pool on site or microwaves in the rooms. The hotel is within walking distance of a lot of different restaurants and public transportation. If you are at all iffy about public transportation like we were you can call to the desk and they will call you a cab!! There is Breakfast available in the morning but it is not free and in my opinion not very good. The good thing is there is a diner at the corner. We also visited the Triumph Grill while we were there. It’s attached to the hotel so very convenient. I must be honest and say the service there is NOT very good. The servers spent much time socializing, my food was barely warm, and my husbands grilled cheese was burned!! We don’t like to complain at restaurants but if I had my way I would not have paid for such a meal or service. The rooms have AMAZING bed and SHOWERS!! It has a very nice layout and AMAZING STAFF MEMBERS!!! I spent a lot of time at the desk with Ariyca. She is was well mannered and had LOTS of ideas and information on what to do in the town!! We even called her for directions while we were out exploring. She was able to give us landmarks and more!@! She is a great addition to the hotel and will be visiting again!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for the response. I will share your feedback with our restaurant provider in hopes that it is helpful in eliminating the service and food glitches that you mentioned. I will make sure that Airyca hears your kind comments about her. Please let us know if we can help you in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel is the definition of a boutique experience. The artwork throughout is beautiful and a refreshing departure from the standard hotel fare. The location is a couple of blocks away from the Fabulous Fox theatre and Powell Symphony Hall. It's also a stone's throw from SLU's main campus and St. Francis Xavier church. A wonderful stay! I would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel was very conveniently located for a congress at the Saint Louis University and only 20 min. from the airport with taxi. The room was very comfortable, very nice shower, easy WiFi-access, practical working desk. Staff was very welcoming and friendly, it was a perfect stay for the three nights during congress, the nights were quiet and the bed very relaxing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Hotel is very convenient to local sights, including the Arch and Forest Park, home of the zoo, the art museum and the history museum. Room very modern, comfy bed and bathroom with a rain shower head (I LOVE those!). The only two downsides: 1) the neighborhood seems a little dicey, especially at hight. 2) the tv is on the wall beside the bed and there was no comfortable chair in the room in which to sit to watch tv.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is a really beautiful, small boutique hotel. Stunning bedrooms, Tempurpedic beds, crisp linen, large bathrooms.

What really made this so perfect were the front desk staff. So friendly and helpful. A big shout out to Jimmie for going above and beyond. Just outstanding.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
THANK YOU! I will share the comments with the staff. Thank you for the very complimentary review.