“What a Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Omaha, Nebraska
“What a Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is my second time staying at Hotel Ignacio. The fact that I came back a second time should speak volumes. This time I was accompanied by more of my family, and they all understand now why I wanted to stay at Hotel Ignacio when we dropped our son off for college at SLU. For anything related to SLU, this hotel has the best location possible. The rooms are so elegantly appointed, with a number of charming and surprising touches. And the staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating and welcoming. We were able to borrow an oversized umbrella for the day, which helped as we moved our son from one dorm room to another in the rain. We just might look forward to staying at Hotel Ignacio as much as seeing our son again when we next visit SLU.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony J
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for the great review! We hope to continue to provide you a place to stay during your visits to Saint Louis University. We will see you in the future and good luck to your son and his academic endeavors!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

My experience at Hotel Ignacio was absolutely outstanding on every level. The service is beyond compare. I had a delicious dinner of at Triumph Grill and afterward enjoyed a glass of wine by the fire. My room had all of the amenities I was seeking. I will certainly be back and will highly recommend Hotel Ignacio to my colleagues.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Marcia Q. It sounds like you were able to experience several of our amenities! If you ever make it back this way I hope you are able to take a walk through the MotoMuseum and the International Photography Hall of Fame (our new neighbor right above Triumph). Thank you for recommending us to your colleagues. That is like hitting the jackpot to us!
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We greatly appreciate the friendly and attentive staff of the Hotel Ignacio. We stayed there the weekend of the worst snow storm in STL since the 80s. Unsolicited, the staff kept on top of local restaurant closures and other resources. There were a limited number of restaurants open Sunday night because of the snowstorm so the hotel ordered in pizza and salad and treated its guests. They were totally flexible about checkout times. The hotel management and staff are a class act!

This was our 2nd stay here. This is a very unique hotel. The lobby and lounging areas are quite attractive and inviting. The hotel has a modern boutique decor with very upbeat rooms. Very positive feel. Extremely comfortable beds. Large modern showers with rain shower heads. Big flat screen televisions.

We like the location. It is not really in the center of anything unless you are going to the nearby Fox Theater or have kids at SLU but the location is easily accessed and serves as a good launching point to drive to other parts of STL.

The attached Triumph Grill Is a great place to have a before or after drink. And the parking is convenient for a city location. The Hotel Ignacio has become or hotel of choice when visiting STL. And if you are going to the Fox there is no better location.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TAO5060
Glen Carbon, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Really great hotel! I, as well as my wife, really like the contemporary look and feel of the hotel! We did two St. Louis Symphony New Year's Eve overnight package deals, in conjunction with Hotel Ignacio. I don't think that the symphony organization coould've picked a better hotel. Not only is it a real interesting-looking hotel, but also the accomodations were great, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Ignacio for an impromptu romantic evening out. We booked the suite and enjoyed our stay immensely. The bathroom was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed the whirlpool tub and "rain" shower. Everything was tastefully decorated and very clean. We would definitely go again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed here for one night as it was near the museums I wanted to visit, and the price was good. I arrived several hours before check in as I'd taken Amtrak to St Louis, hoping to dump my suitcase, but instead the front desk staff said "no problem with early check-in" and gave me my keys. I can't think of any of the large hotel chains that would allow me to check in six hours early without charging me.

The room was spotless and the bath had a rather wonderful shower with an oversized shower head. One embarrassing problem - the phone was so high-tech that I had to read the dirctions before I could make a call.

After checkout, I realized I'd left my Amtrak ticket in my room. Again, no problem - an employee went to my vacated room, found the ticket, and brought it down to the front desk.

Room Tip: Some rooms' views may be better than others, but this wasn't a priority for me this time.