“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Youngstown, OH
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were in St. Louis for one night passing through but wanted something more than a chain location. Had a great time. Got the meet me in St. Louis package which had $20 for food, $25 for BBQ, $15 for frozen custard, $20 cash for cab to the Arch, gooey cake was in the room, as well as two bottles of root beer. We had a blast! The Fringe Festival was going on and there was tons to check out. The area is clean, friendly, safe, quiet, yet plenty to do. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: The beds are platform Tempurpedic Memory Foam. Slept like a baby.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fiero116
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I am so glad that you had a great time and enjoyed the Beer, BBQ and a Bed package. We were thrilled to be able to put a few of our favorite places (Pappy's BBQ and Urban Chestnut Brewery) into one package! Thanks for staying with us. Stacey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is simply beautiful. The art work is world class. The room, while smaller than I expected was very nice. AND it overlooked the parking lot, so I could see my car.
Four of the six staff members I encountered, bent over backwards to assist me. They were beautiful inside and out!
I ate the Sunday Buffet in the Hotel, which was pricey, but they made it worth my while. They too were friendly and very accommodating (and funny!).
The hotel was close to the concert venue I was there to attend.
I WILL stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dawna S
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Ignacio during a recent trip to attend a concert at the Fox Theater.

First, the location is great for anything around STLU. The walk back late at night was easy and well-lit.

When we checked in and went to our initial room, our neighbor was talking loudly and we could hear their conversation very clearly through the wall. We requested a room change, and were immediately moved to a much quieter and more enjoyable room. So, I guess that highlights the fact that some rooms don't have the best insulation from noise, but also at the willingness of the hotel to react and provide a better match for us.

The amenities in our room were great. Comfortable beds, clean/large bathroom and shower, and interesting decor. Overall, a fun stay and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor room we moved to was more spacious than the 5th floor original room. I was told all ro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brycew613
Batesville, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I asked upon check-in for double bed availability and was told there were none available. Five minutes later, I overheard the same clerk tell a potential customer there was a double bed available for a rate $20 below what I was paying for my room with a king size bed. When I asked to switch to a room with double, she refused because it was "policy" not do that with rooms booked through Expedia. She said I may have booked the room under a lower rate via Expedia, and that I would have to go through Expedia to cancel my existing reservation. It's needless to have to the customer jump through hoops for a simple room change and be adamant about refusing the request. Policies and attitudes such as this leave a bad taste.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Maxfm2
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I apologize for your experience. In this case our agent misunderstood our Expedia rules and regulations. If guests need to cancel or modify their reservation, they must do so directly with Expedia. However, we are able to change room types for the guest if one is available. I received your information last night and would be happy to speak personally about the issue before you check out. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Stacey Howlett
Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Came in for a quick overnight stay with our pooch. Could not have been happier. Quiet and comfortable rooms, fully equipped. Friendly yet professional staff who made us feel very welcome. Excellent breakfast food and service, We will be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Carolyn G
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I am so glad you found us and am pleased that the entire family (including Fido) enjoyed the stay. Regards, Stacey Howlett
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had been debating between staying here or the Moonrise but positive reviews encouraged me to go with Hotel Ignacio. We made reservations to stay for one night. We stayed about 5 minutes. I always thoroughly inspect hotel rooms before even bringing in our luggage. It didn't take much effort to see the carpet had a ridiculous amount of stains on it - I used to be in housekeeping so I know shampooing carpets isn't an every day thing but this was just GROSS. The box springs were also highly stained. UGH. I then took the pillows off the bed to inspect the sheets and the top sheet had red sticky stuff on it (this also appeared on a hand towel in the bathroom) and wet spots ( I try not to imagine what it was) on the bottom sheet fitted to the bed. We were immediately turned off and told the front desk staff. The gentleman that worked there said he would go inspect the room but didn't want us to go up there with him. My husband insisted we show him the problems and we went up with him anyway. He tried to blame the sheets on where they get them laundered. Seriously? The sheet and hand towel have the same problem - it's not a "laundering" issue. It's a "housekeeping didn't feel like changing the sheets and towels" issue. He then said they were sold out so there were no rooms available but would see what he could do. I went outside to sit on the bench and surprise - sticky red stuff someone spilled on the bench. Magically a few minutes later a room is available. With my hotel experience I know that pretty much means we are getting a room deemed not rentable due to maintenance issues so my husband pointed this out and asked what was wrong with the room they were planning on putting us in. The front desk seemed surprised and unable to answer. So we ended up at the Moonrise Hotel after all - a much better experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Good day, Amanda. I apologize that you didn't end up staying with us. I truly believe you would have had a great stay. Your housekeeping comments are definitely a cause for concern as we take great pride in making sure that our rooms are crisp and clean. Your review has already made its way to our hotel team, including housekeeping, to make sure that we are all doing our job to give our guests a wonderful stay. On a side note, we did not have an immediate room available to move you to due to some room accommodations that needed to be made for other guests. We had to move some incoming guests around in order to have a clean and vacant room to move you to. We would not use a room with maintenance issues in order to accommodate a guest. Ultimately, we want all of our guests to be happy, so I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Moonrise.
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our welcome to Hotel Ignacio came when we ran over a screw a few blocks away from the Hotel and arrived at the property limping along with a flat tire. The desk staff checked us in and let us know that without a doubt they would be able to help with our predicament.
Then arrived manager Dimitri Heaggans. I cannot express how amazed and relieved we were when he said absolutely he would change our tire.
There he was after battling our tire with a stain on his tie, dirty hands, and a huge smile on his face.
All of this was our welcome to Hotel Ignacio. The icing on the cake came when we entered our room which was big, uber hip, and filled with light from two huge windows with great views.
Even the elevator was great, the fastest elevator I've ever seen in a renovated hotel.
Oh, and the hotel is attached to this really cool Triumph and Ducati motorcycle shop.
It's in this great part of town we've never visited. We made Midtown our home and walked to a concert, great restaurants and a fun German biergarten. It's also a few minutes drive to the wonderful Forest Park (or they have bikes you can check out to ride there).
This will absolutely be our go-to hotel any time we stay in St. Louis.

Room Tip: I'd imagine all rooms are great, but we loved our corner room on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KansasCityTravelBug
Thank you for the excellent review. Dimitri and I laughed over the tire repair! He goes above and beyond and we value him as part of the team. We both appreciate the review and hope to see you (sans flat tire) again! Stacey