“Very Nice STL Boutique Hotel”
Review of Hotel Ignacio

Hotel Ignacio
Ranked #35 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very Nice STL Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I spent a night at the Hotel Ignacio to see the Pirates play the Cardinals. We were very impressed with this place. The hotel is located by the campus St. Louis University and about 2.5 miles west of downtown so it might be off the beaten path for some but I liked the location. It's basically between Forest Park and downtown so it's conveniently located for a lot of what the city has to offer. Their most hyped BBQ place (Pappy's which was excellent) is just a few blocks away too along with some other quality establishments.

The hotel itself was very nice and the rooms are pretty large, especially the washroom. Loved the bathroom, shower and bed. Everything was very modern, clean and well done and the service was helpful which was key since we were completely unfamiliar with the area.

We would definitely recommend the Hotel Ignacio if you were looking to stay in St. Louis but outside of the downtown area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sean O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My boyfriend and I did a four day get away and initially were going to stay at the 'H' word hotel, however we decided to step outside of our comfort zone and do a boutique style. We are thankful we did. Rainfall shower, (awesome) comfortable bed, refrigerator in room, great decor, and great floor length mirror on the sliding door to the spacious bathroom. The only con was the carpet needed to be replaced. On-site cafe. The cafe was closed the 4th but as a consolation they offered each guest a $15 dollar credit. Friendly, knowledgeable concierge who will offer any assistance they can. Within walking distance of Pappy's smoke house, City Diner, and Sweetie Pie's. All seen on the Food network. In addition, the parking is convenient and is roughly $10 a night. Last but not least you are less than 3 miles from the arch, Busch Stadium, downtown St. Louis. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ruben K
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Lovely boutique hotel, friendly staff, convenient to major roadways and to the famous Pappy's barbeque -- but not much else (of interest) walkable nearby, just FYI. It is a quick and easy drive east to downtown, or west to the Forest Park/Delmar Loop area.

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Ignacio, which offered free wifi, inexpensive parking with in-and-out-privileges, and a decent cafe/restaurant attached. The rooms were modern and stylish, clean and comfortable. Gorgeous materials (like the tiles and light fixtures) with quirky touches of personality. Definitely pleased my sense of aesthetics and impressed me with the attention to details. The Tempurpedic beds were quite good, but I would have appreciated a flat pillow in addition to all the poofy down ones. I loved the shower head (but not everyone will) as well as the Philosophy bathroom products. Free water and coffee by the elevators was a nice touch -- helped us stay alert and keep hydrated over the busy holiday weekend.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, but I do think you get a different impression of St. Louis than you would if you stayed downtown. Hotel Ignacio is in a quiet neighborhood in a corner of St. Louis University, so you're not seeing any city bustle. Nor the Arch. But on the plus side, we weren't assaulted by July 4th fireworks all weekend. Also the area might be different when school is in session.

Tip: Hotel Ignacio sits right at the place where Olive St. and Lindell Ave. fork. Both cars in our party did not see the driveway, went right past, and had to turn around (and I was even using GPS!). The sign for Cafe Pinxtos is easier to see than the sign for the hotel itself.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter found this hotel for us last summer on our drive back from Pennsylvania. Although we had to travel into the city, it was not difficult to find and the hotel staff was extremely helpful. We even got to sightsee a little bit because the hotel is so close to St. Louis University. I remember my extreme thirst and the delightful glass container that greeted me in the main lobby...a special mixture of water, lemon and mint. The room itself, though eclectic, was so comfortable and spacious. Those employees at the counter were also friendly and accommodating. I would definitely return there if I was passing through Missouri again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lbca23
Youngstown, OH
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were in St. Louis for one night passing through but wanted something more than a chain location. Had a great time. Got the meet me in St. Louis package which had $20 for food, $25 for BBQ, $15 for frozen custard, $20 cash for cab to the Arch, gooey cake was in the room, as well as two bottles of root beer. We had a blast! The Fringe Festival was going on and there was tons to check out. The area is clean, friendly, safe, quiet, yet plenty to do. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: The beds are platform Tempurpedic Memory Foam. Slept like a baby.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fiero116
GeneralManagerIgnaci, General Manager at Hotel Ignacio, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I am so glad that you had a great time and enjoyed the Beer, BBQ and a Bed package. We were thrilled to be able to put a few of our favorite places (Pappy's BBQ and Urban Chestnut Brewery) into one package! Thanks for staying with us. Stacey
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel is simply beautiful. The art work is world class. The room, while smaller than I expected was very nice. AND it overlooked the parking lot, so I could see my car.
Four of the six staff members I encountered, bent over backwards to assist me. They were beautiful inside and out!
I ate the Sunday Buffet in the Hotel, which was pricey, but they made it worth my while. They too were friendly and very accommodating (and funny!).
The hotel was close to the concert venue I was there to attend.
I WILL stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dawna S
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Ignacio during a recent trip to attend a concert at the Fox Theater.

First, the location is great for anything around STLU. The walk back late at night was easy and well-lit.

When we checked in and went to our initial room, our neighbor was talking loudly and we could hear their conversation very clearly through the wall. We requested a room change, and were immediately moved to a much quieter and more enjoyable room. So, I guess that highlights the fact that some rooms don't have the best insulation from noise, but also at the willingness of the hotel to react and provide a better match for us.

The amenities in our room were great. Comfortable beds, clean/large bathroom and shower, and interesting decor. Overall, a fun stay and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor room we moved to was more spacious than the 5th floor original room. I was told all ro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple