“A Good Introduction to Saint Louis”

St. Louis Fun Trolley Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a 90 minute, fully narrated tour of St. Louis aboard a heated/air-conditioned trolley with bells, brass rails and cushioned seats!
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Fun Trolley website was not appealing to me since comedy seemed to be highlighted,making me question the depth of the social and historical aspects. of this tour.I was pleasantly surprised by the demeanor and information provided by the tour guide on the 10am tour of 5/16/14(sorry I forgot his name even though I spoke with him personally afterwards).
A native of the city,he had lived in many places but returned to his home more recently.His enjoyment of his city was contagious and capturing.His presentation was appropriately critical,sharing the good and the bad.I felt I finished his tour satisfied that I had experienced St.Louis about as much as possible in 1.5 hours.

One can explore the downtown area fairly completely in a day or so on foot,even taking in a night baseball game at Busch Stadium.I was glad the tour extended to the Forest Park and Washington University locations plus Delmar Avenue.Had I another day in this city,I would have arranged more time for this area west of downtown.Amazing that the zoo,art museum,history museum in Forest Park are all free.Many georgeous vistas and overlooks also.

I wish this tour could have continued for another hour with this excellent guide,but certainly a great value for the price.Departure is from the riverfront entrance to Lacledes Casino,easy to reach from an underground passageway at the the southeast corner of the football stadium,
a very short walk from both the Hampton Inn Downtown as well as the Drury Hotel near this site.
Tickets can be purchased at the store immediately inside the casino or via website.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

The fun trolley is a great way to get the overview of the city. Lots of history given on the tour! The tour included alot of the city along with Washington University and St.Loyis University.

1  Thank schedswilltravel
Reviewed 24 April 2014

im so glad that we took this tour to start our visit in st louis........dusty the tour guide was funny and very informative of the places around town.........well worth the money and will make our visit more enjoyable.

1  Thank 77mockmotorspitcher
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We took the 2pm tour with 26 other people. The tour director was full of energy and wonderful information about St. Louis. He took us through parts of downtown, Lacedes Landing, pass Busch Stadium, into Forest Park and the Loop. We got to see several of the 250 year Birthday cakes around St. Louis. I would recommend this for anyone who is new to St. Louis, who has out of town guest and even for those who have grown up in this city. We learned many thing about St Louis that we did not know before, including where a lot of free activities are. The trolley ride is 75 to 90 minutes long so if you have active children I would find something else to do. Well worth the time, effort and money to go. One more thing. I personally appreciated that the seats had padding on then.

1  Thank Carol H
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The price is right and you get a great background about this interesting town. I suggest starting your time with this tour so you can focus on what interests you most. Dusty, the tour guide, was very friendly and fun. His tour got a little cute at times but he did give some valuable information.