“Excellent service and stay.”
Review of Westin St. Louis

Westin St. Louis
Ranked #20 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I found our visit at the Westin in St. Louis to be a fantastic experience. We enjoyed the room and the hospitality from all of the staff. This was our first time staying in St. Louis and the ladies at the front desk, Yvette and Shannon were remarkable. They provided us with great advice for dinning and local attractions, they were beyond pleasant and made us laugh. Overall a fantastic experience and we will come back and stay at the Westin.

• Stayed: January 2014
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for the many compliments! I am thrilled to know Yvette and Shannon provided such personalized, attentive service--plus humor! We stand ready to welcome you back and offer another fantastic experience!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My Daughter and I spent a weekend at St. Louis at the Westin. We went into this blind - we had never been there, but took advantage of a Groupon offer and rolled the dice.

The Westin looked like it was fairly new. It's a gorgeous property, just a a block from Busch Field. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the restaurant (we only ate breakfast there) was better than expected.

Everyone, from front desk to room service, valet, and housekeeping was top notch! We'll be back to St. Louis, and we will definitely stay at the Westin!

Room Tip: No vending machines (at least we couldn't find them). They sell snacks and drinks at the front d...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent weekend stay with us! Our convenient location, in the heart of downtown St. Louis offers a unique combination of historic and contemporary design. I'm thrilled to know our associates offered personalized, attentive service. We stand ready to welcome you back!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The Westin. Need I say more. No really, it is a great hotel with nice staff and located right in the heart of everything. First off it looks great. has a modern and sleek feel to it. The layout is odd since we walked in and had trouble finding the front desk behind a wall. Check in was fast and our room was clean and big. Beds were firm and comfy. Our view was meh. Self parking is $20 and valet is $26. I chose self park across the street. Valet may have been a wiser choice. There's a lot of dining choices in downtown. Most of them are overpriced and bad. If I'd have known this I probably would've stayed somewhere else in town but the rate I got was a steal! I ordered an early breakfast of yogurt and fruit and some juice for my wife. $30!!! Coulda done a sweet brunch in town for that amount. All in all it's a great stay. Right in the heart of downtown. Sleek looking hotel. Great showers. Eat before you go here as only Joe Bucks is within walking distance. Meh.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us! Our historical building allows us to offer a unique layout, combined with contemporary décor. Our Heavenly bed and Heavenly bath offer that all important escape after a long day of travelling. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future, whenever your travels find you in St. Louis!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

As expected, the Westin did not disappoint. We stayed here two different nights and each time was first-rate. For the night we arrived, the room was facing the baseball stadium and the train tracks. Although a fabulous view, as there was a game that night it was very noisy. We asked if our room could be changed and we were accommodated right away.

The location is absolutely perfect. The hotel is across the street from the baseball stadium and a few blocks from the football stadium. It is just a couple of blocks from the St. Louis Arch and close to other historical sites and museums and the freeways.

Both of the rooms we had were big and roomy. We never had such huge rooms in a hotel, considering it was just your standard room. Lovely huge bathroom and nice amenities.

Conveniently located in the hotel is Avis Rent a Car. I never usually use them as they are more expensive than any other car rental agency, but the owner, I think his name is Abdi, was a doll and gave us a great rate.

When we got back for our second night’s stay after traveling to Illinois, we had to wait over 2 hours for our room. A big football game was taking place in the city and one of the teams was staying at the Westin and had 5:00 check out instead of the usual 11:00 a.m. Because we had to wait so long, the staff was very nice and gave us a complimentary breakfast and deducted the amount of overnight parking for us. The breakfast buffet was nice. Had the regular: eggs, breads, yogurts, fruit, cereal, made-to-order omelet.

All in all, a great stay at Westin.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share so many detailed comments from your stay with us this past September! I'm thrilled to know both of your stays were wonderful in many different aspects; we do strive to provide personalized, attentive service to each and every guest. We stand ready to serve on your next visit!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Check in was very good and the agent super friendly. The room was clean and the bed comfy. The true high point here of the room is the bathroom. A large soaking tub and a rainfall shower. Checked out and the young lady at the front desk was so nice.

The only reason this hotel did not get a five star review is the fact that there is a mini bar in the room which I wanted to use but was not given a key to use it. It was late and I did not want to be bothered. A minor issue really but it was a small problem.

I visited the bar as well and the service there was very good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us! I apologzie for the inconvenience you experienced with the refreshment center. Our front office staff has been reminded to provide the key at check-in so these kinds of inconveniences won't happen again. Our Heavenly beds coupled with our Heavenly bath certainly provide a great escape after a long day! Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I flew into St. Louis for the weekend and stayed at the westin. Great experience. First off, the hotel is right next to the stadium where the cardinals play. A 10 min walk to the arch. The service was fantastic. Ate three meals in the restaurant. Great crab cakes.....great breakfast. The room was one of the nicest westin rooms I've stayed in. Bathroom was beautiful and had a rain shower.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

The associates of your favorite Westin stand ready to welcome you back! Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent stay with us. Our convenient location is steps away from major attractions, office buildings and the stadium. After a long day of sight-seeing, our Heavenly bed and Heavenly bath provide a great escape and leave one with a feeling of renewal. Thank you again!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Just had a wonderful five night stay at the Westin Saint Louis. I was very impressed by the hotel's attention to detail and customer service. From the moment I began communicating with the front desk staff about my travel arrangements to the end of my stay, I was always treated like I mattered and my needs were important. In particular, I would like to say thank you to Zach M. at the front desk. I called ahead of my arrival and during my stay he was gracious and helpful. I have to include all other front desk representatives, valet parking and the graciousness of the restaurant crew. Beds were very comfortable and the luxury bathroom with separate soaking tub was just what a tired traveler needs to help unwind. High marks to the person who is leading professional development at the Westin Saint Louis. It really shows in all of the employees. The customer comes first. Great stay and thank you to the Westin Saint Louis!

Room Tip: I enjoyed room 721. It looked out over the Busch Stadium with a tiny view of the arch.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ShaughnessyBenson

Thank you for so many compliments! Our associates truly love what they do and I'm thrilled it shows! Our Heavenly bed and Heavenly bath do offer one a great escape after a long day of work or play. We pride ourselves in offering personalized, attentive service--each and every guest does matter! We look forward to welcoming you back!