“Feel at home here”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Feel at home here”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Second stay here, loved it. Great service especially Front office personnel Yvette, and special service person Orlando,
Food was right up there too, as were the accommodations. Can't beat the location too.
Will certainly return.

• Stayed February 2014
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We stand ready to welcome you back! Thank you for taking the time to share comments and for recognizing Yvette and Orlando! Our convenient location is ideal whether travelling for business or pleasure!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Kennett, Missouri
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Once again my husband and I had a fabulous experience staying at the Westin in St. Louis. The representative, named Yvette, at the service desk was extremely kind and welcoming upon arrival. This will continue to be our first choice in a St. Louis hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
I'm thrilled to know we're your first choice when visiting St. Louis! Thank you for taking the time to share comments and compliment Yvette; she truly enjoys what she does and I'm thrilled it shows! We stand ready to serve on your next visit!
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

A one-night stay couldn't have been better at the Westin in downtown St. Louis. The room was big and the beds were incredibly comfortable. The courteous staff went out of its way to help us, including obtaining a dinner reservation for our group at a fabulous steakhouse. The location is not far from the Arch and the river, so any outdoor enthusiasts can easily make their way around the city, and it is across the street from the ballpark for any baseball fans. Highly recommend this property and hope to come back next year.

Room Tip: The rooms by the ballpark have a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the high recommendation! Our convenient location is steps away from many attractions, dining options and sports venues. Our Heavenly beds offer the best escape after a long day of sight seeing. We look forward to welcoming you back next year, and thank you for taking the time to share such great comments about us and our team!
Sikeston, Missouri
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights on valetines weekend and it was awesome. Room was very nice and clean. Front desk was very helpful and courteous. When we checked out Saturdsy morning we were greeted by a very nice lady staff member. She done a wonderful job and I want to recognize her. Her name was Yvette U. she done great was very pleased with her. We weren't going to stay Saturday night but plans changed and we did. we called them on the phonethey gave us another room reservation and when we got there they offered us an up-grade at no additional cost. We very much appreciated it but declined because we wanted to be close to our friends.Thank you for a great time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for recognizing Yvette! I'm thrilled to know we were able to accommodate you for an additional night allowing you to continue celebrating your wonderful valentine weekend! Our associates truly love what they do and I'm delighted to know it shows. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I travel a lot and I frequently find myself in St Louis. The Westin St Louis has become a second home for me. From the breakfast staff who know my name and remember my order, to their cheerful attitude when we commandeer a prime corner of the restaurant to work from for the day- they are always accommodating. The restaurant food is delicious and much higher quality then most of the hotels I stay in. The rooms are huge, have an amazingly comfortable bed, and boast a really great working area. I have time and time again relied on the front desk for something I have left behind and they always have what I need! And nobody judges me when I sneak down for a king size kit kat for lunch. The Westin understand that sometimes chocolate is the best lunch. I also must give them a shout out for their social media savvy as well. One of my regular waiters, Rod, slipped me a card and asked me to write a review if I could. And I did, because its the least could do as gratitude for all the wonderful nights I've spent here. Also, pro tip: get the apple pie in a mug dessert. You might gain 5 lbs from it, but it will be WELLLLL worth it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AnnaOBrien
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for so many compliments; I'm thrilled to know we're your home away from home! Our associates truly love what they do and I'm delighted it shows; and we love having chocolate for lunch too! Our historical building allows for a unique layout with spacious guest rooms equipped with plenty of work space. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and we stand ready to welcome you back!
Wood River, Illinois
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a weekend marriage retreat and it was so very nice. The room was large and comfortable. Thermostat was easy to use and control. The bathroom was absolutely beautiful! The shower was heavenly, as was the large bath tub. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the free late check out on Sunday was very nice, we didn't feel rushed to check out. Only complaints were the meeting room was freezing and went to the bar on site and ordered two Pepsi's to go. Paid over $6 and we were handed literally two cans of Pepsi. Kind of ridiculously priced, even for a hotel bar in my opinion.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Christine C, Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
I'm thrilled to know you had such a lovely stay! Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent retreat! Our Heavenly bath certainly offers that all important escape after a long day of meetings. Our Westin Weekend offers an extended checkout whenever our availability allows. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Illinois
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Always try to stay at the Westin when in St Louis, but this time we were very disappointed by what we got. In town for a Blues game on Dec. 28th, Got to the room around 3:30 and found it to be very warm, but that was fixed by turning on the air conditioning, So I turned the temp down to 68 and left for the game about 3:45. Boy were we surprised when we got back, about 10:30 we found the temp in the room to be 80 degrees. So we checked to see if we had not set the thermostat correctly but it was on cool and set for 68. So we called the front desk and they said someone would be right up. So after waiting until 11:45 we called again, but this time they told me that engineering had left for the day, and wanted to bring up a fan, to blow the 80 degree air around. Just what I wanted to pay money to lay in bed and sweat.
So I asked for another room but they said they were booked and had no rooms, so I asked for my money back, they said ok (but I have never received anything on it) . So we left with not even a offer for any kind of compensation of anything for our inconvenience. The Blackhawks were in town so no room was to be found downtown no hanks to the front desk for trying to help. So we left and went to the Drury in O'Fallon and got us a room. I have given them a great rating before on Tripadvisor but this time around not so good. SPG A721158121

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert W, General Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear bluesfanillinois,

Thank you very much for taking to time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.com. On behalf of the entire team, I hope that you can accept my personal apologize for the malfunctioning cooling unit in your room in addition to our inability to immediately repair the problem. I have already taken your comments to my management team to discuss this specific event, what went wrong and how we will avoid this from ever happening again to any guests in the future. In addition, I will ensure that this stay, if not already done so, was adjusted so that you were not charged for this unpleasant and partial stay. Finally, I was glad to read this was first time of many stays in which you experienced a room with improper cooling/heating. It is my sincere hope that we will be given another opportunity to regain your loyalty upon your next and many visits to the St. Louis area. I look forward to seeing you in the near future. Rob