“Great location!”

Westin St. Louis
Ranked #20 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a physically beautiful property located a stones throw front he ballpark. I was attending an event at the Edward Jones Dome and could have used the metro for transit, but it was only a 15 minute walk through a beautiful part of downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Robert W, General Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear TheOCfromtheBigD,
The entire team wants to thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. It is wonderful to read that your experience at the Westin and the great location led to your positive comments. We look forward to your return for another repeat performance!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

With our group, the arrivals were sporadic. My contact was so on top of every expected arrival.... making sure all rooms were ready even if it was an early arrival. All our requests as well as the VIP's "special" requests were met with great care and in a very timely manor. The sleeping rooms, the laundry service and our on site meeting space were all great. Tracey, Cheryl and Chris were wonderful! I hope to work with them again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kay Y
Robert W, General Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Kay Y,
On behalf of the entire team at the Westin St. Louis, thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. We are all thrilled to read that your meeting was a success and Tracey, Cheryl and Chris made it a memorable experience. I will be certain our team will be recognized for their individual achievement. We all look forward to your return.
All the best,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I'll start with the good things about this hotel. The physical facility is lovely. The rooms - even regular guest rooms - are spacious, with large bathrooms, very long counters in the bathrooms, good lighting, and comfortable beds. The hotel overall is quite attractive with good lobby seating. The fitness center was in great shape. The restaurant was quick with room service and our breakfasts were great. The bar service was quick and friendly. The location is excellent, across the street from the ballpark and an easy walk to everything downtown. The front desk staff was really friendly. They were helpful with restaurant recommendations and even gave us a corkscrew one night for our store-bought wine.

So the bad - and why for a Westin we were surprised and disappointed - the housekeeping stunk. Used glasses were not replaced. Toiletries were never replaced, to the point where we ran out of shampoo and had to call the desk to bring up toiletries at 10pm. Empty coffee cups were removed sometimes, but not other times. The minibar was not replenished. I'm pretty sure vacuuming did not occur.

A tip on rooms - if you are on a lower floor, there can be street noise if you're on the side that faces the ballpark. And, if there is an evening ballgame, there will be noise from the ballpark if you're on the side of the hotel facing the park. On the plus side, the view from that side is pretty cool - but if you want to go to bed early when there is an evening game, bring your earplugs, or ask for a room facing the other side. (We were on the quiet side but friends were on the ballpark side, which is where we came to this recommendation.)

Overall if they can get the cleaning/housekeeping situation sorted out, I would definitely recommend. But, given the crappy housekeeping I'd be inclined to give a different hotel a shot next time I'm in STL.

Room Tip: If there is an evening ballgame, there will be noise from the ballpark if you're on the side of...
1  Thank JoKnits
Robert W, General Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear JoKnits,
I am very glad to have read your review of the Westin St. Louis and appreciate the highlights of the positives as well as not-so-positives. Our entire team takes pride in everything they do including maintaining a positive and can-do attitude, ensure a great guest experience, so thank you for recognizing our efforts and our excellent location. am sorry to learn about the Housekeeping deficiencies you had encountered throughout your stay Please rest assured that we have already addressed the issue with the staff member involved and further training will be given to this particular associate. It will always be our minimal standard to replace or add additional supplies as needed, requested, or anticipated by our housekeeping team.
JoKnits, my team and I take your feedback extremely seriously. Should you have another moment to contact me directly at the hotel (314) 621-2000 I would be very interested in gathering a little more information for thorough follow-through. Please give us another chance and rest assured upon your next visit you will receive the same high level from our Housekeeping department as you did from the rest of the hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have never had to deal with this much night time noise on any hotel stay. We are on our 5th night of a stay for a convention. We are with a group so can't really move. The first night the ballpark, across the street, played Hotel California on an endless loop until 3:30 am. I figured it would be noisy during the baseball games but we had tickets to one game and the other was a day game. I didn't realize the ballpark would be rented out two other nights, plus there have been two high school proms directly downstairs from us. I have never had this many noisy nights in a hotel. Apparently all visiting baseball teams stay here and my son was excited to meet a player on the elevator. They must give them higher up back rooms so they can sleep! DO NOT TAKE A ROOM ON THE SECOND FLOOR! Also, housekeeping has been very spotty. Several days we believe they did not even come in our room. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the second floor. Do not take a room where you can see the ballpark from the w...
3  Thank Jennifer R

Dear JenniferR,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am extremely disappointed to read that you and your family were unable to enjoy your stay at the Westin as a result of the noise from the neighboring venue(s). We take this feedback, and more importantly, your comfort and satisfaction very seriously and are seeking ways to ensure late night noise from our downtown neighbors is immediately minimized or eliminated. We have already been in contact with these businesses and hope to see immediate results from our conversation. In addition, the hotel does have a Green Choice, Green Rewards program which allows our guests to forgo Housekeeping services for the reward of SPG points of Food Credit. If you participated in this program during your stay, this might explain the lack of housekeeping service you received. This is an optional service so on a future visit you may prefer not to opt in to the Green Program.
JenniferR, your satisfaction is very important to me and my team and we are very disappointed to read that you would not stay here again. If there is an opportunity to redeem us of these deficiencies, I would encourage you to contact me directly at 314-552-5707 upon making your next plans to the St. Louis area and I will make sure you have an excellent stay so that your next review may be a positive one.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was having a horrid day; flight delays, did not receive the rental that I booked, and it delayed all my plans for my husbands 40th Birthday. Although my husband and I are gold members, I truly feel in my heart that Lynnette went above and beyond to make our stay more enjoyable. Our reservation was booked for 2 beds and she upgraded us to a spacious king bed. When we arrived to the room, there was already someone inside the room and she moved us very swiftly to another room and waived breakfast for trouble. We were looking for a nice Italian Restaurant and she called some friends form the Four Seasons and made dinner arrangements for us at Cielo. When we arrived to the restaurant we was seated and there was a happy birthday cupcake waiting for my husband. When we arrived back to the hotel, our room had a nice gift inside. I tried to offer Lynnette a tip and she happily declined, yet accepted a thank you card from starwood. She turned a horrible day arround to one of the best staycations.

Downside- The charge for parking for gold members is still set the same as for regular guest.

The Location is amazing, especially for game day travlers.

Room Tip: Upside- The breakfast in the restaurant is great! Service is Fair, not above the top. The Location...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nyguen78

Dear Nyguen78,
Thank you very much for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to read Lynette was able to make your otherwise “horrid” day into something special; this can be challenge our associates encounter at the hotel on a daily basis. Our team knows that travel can be a stressful experience and that we have the empowerment and opportunity to turn things around by understanding this and welcoming you to your home away from home. We will be certain to celebrate Lynette’s accomplishments in meeting this goal. On behalf of the entire team, thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Hotel one of the more expensive in St Louis primary for its location and being relatively new.Rooms are large as well as the bathroom.Beds very comfortable and Hotel clean.Breakfast buffet was just okay.However staff not that helpful,or overly friendly.
As an Spg platinium member felt no recognition and I dont remember any other Westins where they did not leave guests complimentary bottled water in the evening.Having travelled through America for the last 3 weeks staying at SPG properties and Hiltons this Hotel for the price you paid did not measure up and if coming back to St louise would definitly try the Hilton where at their Hotels I stayed on this trip the staff were outstanding

1  Thank ald59
Robert W, General Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear ald59,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. My team and I are very disappointed to read about your less than Five Star experience at the Westin St. Louis. We take your comments very seriously and utilize them to further improve or correct opportunities as they arise. When you travels bring you back to the St. Louis area we can only hope to get a second chance to make up for our shortfall in meeting your expectations and our promise of excellent guest experiences. If I can be of further assistance, I hope that you will contact me directly at the hotel.
Best regards,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel from 4-18 to 4-20. Hotel is very clean and staff is very friendly. It was my girlfriends birthday and the staff more than catered to us in honor of her day. I enjoyed the modern decor, room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. I would stay at this hotel every time I stay over in St. Louis.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Scott T,
Thank you for your review of the Westin St. Louis! Our team takes great pride in providing the best guest service, accommodations and experience possible and based upon your comments, it appears we've met this goal.
The entire team is looking forward to your return for a repeat performance!
All the best,