“Great Place To Stay”

Westin St. Louis
Ranked #20 of 124 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We were in St Louis to catch a couple of baseball games at Busch Stadium, so I booked three nights at the Westin because it was near the ballpark. Well, when we arrived, we discovered it is literally a crosswalk away from the third base gate. You can't get any closer to the action. The property is well appointed with modern furnishings . Our room was clean, cool, and very large with high ceilings and blackout draperies to make sleeping in possible. The bathroom is also very large with an oversize shower featuring a rainfall shower head and hand wand, A flatscreen LED TV and a nice desk area with a recliner and ottoman finished off the furnishings . Plenty of outlets and USB charging ports for the electronics. The property was sold out but it was so quiet we felt like nobody else was here. Like most downtown hotels in major cities, this hotel still charges for wireless internet access and parking. The internet fee was waived under my Starwood membership but valet parking was around $30 a day. I guess that comes with the territory. We will stay here again and I can highly recommend this hotel to my fellow travelers.

Stayed: August 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We checked in on July 25th, quick process, then went to our room. The bellman turned on the AC as the room was very warm. After unpacking and resting for a short time we had to leave for dinner with some friends and mentioned at the desk that the room was not cooling down. They sent someone to the room to check it out, but when we returned the room was still not cool enough. Maintenance came to the room again, but he was unable to get the AC fans to function. At that point there was not a room available to move to and he brought us 2 fans to help circulate the AC and gave us 2 breakfast buffet coupons. The next morning we went to the front desk and were told that they would have a room available about noon and asked if we would like buffet coupons! Well, they gave us coupons for every morning of our stay, comped all of our valet parking, gave us free internet for our stay and asked if there was anything else they could do for us! All of this done with a smile and without us asking for anything. Every staff member we met was all smiles and always asking if they could help with anything. Service in the buffet was the same, smiles and good service. As a frequent traveler I was impressed!

The hotel itself is very well maintained, clean and modern inside. It is directly across the street from Busch Stadium and close to the Arch.

By the way, the room they moved us to was a Junior Suite! Can't ask for more! Thank you to Yevette and all of the staff for a great experience!

I reccommend this hotel to anyone staying in the St.Louis area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gramgo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Upon arrival, it was somewhat difficult to park. The front desk personnal showed no extra effort to ensure ability to park. Directions were given quickly, with little regard to us not being native to The city.

Nonetheless, the room was very plush, clean, with a contemporary decor. Great recommendations on local eateries (Mike Shannon's Steak and Seafood Resturant was delicious)!

This was a quick anniversary getaway, so upon returning to the hotel, we had booked a massage. We were told that it would be difficult to get an appointment at the spa, but that an in-room massage could be arranged (for anytime of the day or night). I asked if this person specialized in deep tissue. I was told she was very good and could do anything and is often used by some of the professional hockey players who have stayed in the hotel.

She gets to our room, the room's thermostat was set at 70 degrees. Mind you, I was fully unclothed under a thin sheet. She complained about it being extremely too hot, and that she was sweating. She proceeded to turn the thermostat down to what later I found to be on 65 degrees. I was freezing. She absolutely could NOT do deep tissue. It was not a very detailed massage, considering it was a two hour massage. She simply "glossed" over many places. At the end, she tacked on an extra $50.00 due to it being after hours! I felt so taken advantage of, angry, cold, and still had very tight shoulders .....all for a whomping price of $300.00!!! $300.00 dollars worth of NOTTHING!

When I told the front desk about my experience, the woman apologized for my experience-nothing more.

Absolutely do not get an in-room arranged massage, especially from a German woman with a very thick accent! She is soooo not worth the cost!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Robert W, General Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Tonia T,

On behalf of the entire team at the Westin St. Louis, I hope that you will accept my apology for your experience with our Front Desk Services personnel. In addition, your feedback regarding the Massage Services that were arranged for you is quite a concern for me and my team and I promise to look into this issue with her further. I would like to think there will be further communication with the Masseuse after our review of the matter. Your comments have been heard loud and clear and we will use your feedback for further improvement and adjustments in the team’s attitude, which fortunately is typically not an issue at the Westin St. Louis. On a more positive note, I am very glad to read that you found our accommodations to meet your satisfaction.
Tonia, if there is anything I can assist you with in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel,314-621-2000.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I came to stay at the Westin St. Louis in the most unplanned, unexpected way. I had come to the city to visit a friend, and when circumstances forced me to leave the place at which I had planned to stay late at night in a big hurry, I used the HotelTonight app to find a place to stay and it pointed me towards the Westin. The app couldn't have directed me to a better place.
Not only is this property comfortable, impeccably designed, and impossibly clean, but the kindness of the staff is completely unmatched in my opinion. The front desk agents Ajla, Sarah, Yvette, Brittany, and Lanette were more than just mildly welcoming. Warm, hospitable, and charming, these women went above and beyond for me at a time when I needed a reliable hotel stay the most; I was alone, confused, and fearful in a new, unfamiliar city far from home.
From the aforementioned women at the front desk to the service staff at the hotel restaurant (really great food), the entire Westin staff single-handedly turned me into a top fan of this hotel franchise and has instilled a new trust in the Starwood brand throughout the course of my 3-night stay. This trust will no doubt make other Westin hotels my go-to places to consider when planning future travel.
You really can't go wrong if you choose to stay at this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2014

From the moment we arrived everything was perfect! Great welcome from reception staff and bell hops. Easy and affordable self park or valet options. Fabulous and modern hotel rooms with rain fall shower head. Luxurious accommodations, amenities, soaps, shampoos and conditioners.

Now, on to the food....incredible buffet breakfast with ample variety of choices ranging from hard boiled eggs, huevos rancheros, sausage, fruits, array of fruit juices, French toast, pancakes, yogurt, etc. simply scrumptious and delectable.

Meeting rooms were quite satisfactory and beautiful in decor.

The fitness club was OUTSTANDING and I used it each morning of my stay. There is an wide variety of exercise machines, elyptical, treadmills, free weights and weight machines. Sauna and spa services are available too. The only thing the hotel doesn't have is a pool however the Westin will provide free passes to another nearby upscale hotel.

Location is unbeatable because we were able to walk to most venues of interest.

Room Tip: Ask for room 318! Generous size, super large bath and phenomenal shower!
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at the Westin in St. Louis for the Boyd Family reunion. It has a great location. It is within walking distance of many local attractions. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food was great. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Was treated like family the moment we stepped in the door. All the staff was courteous and helpful during our stay. It was the perfect compliment to our own family that was there! The rooms were nice along with the workout facilities. Proximity to the Ballpark and Arch was perfect and in short walking distance, not to mention public transportation access right outside the hotel to the Metrolink. We only stay at Starwood Hotels and this by far was one of our best experiences within that family. Hope to visit again soon!