“Great service and staff!”
Review of Westin St. Louis

Westin St. Louis
Ranked #20 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I travel quite often and I'm not really picky, but I think everyone staying here would agree that service here is great! My family and I stayed here for my parents 41st anniversary. Sadly we were only here for one night, but check-in was quick, fast and simple. Lovely hotel. We went to a game the night we arrived so there were numerous people checking in, we also arrived early and didn't have to wait long for our room which was great after a 10hr drive

Service: The lady at the front desk was very helpful and assisted us by printing directions to a few nearby attractions and restaurants. Valet service was excellent, the guys unloaded our car and took our luggage upstairs while we went sightseeing. They remembered us by name which was nice; we also left several items in the car and they ran and retrieved the items for us numerous times without complaint despite the rain storm at the time. When booking we didn't know they provided continental breakfast so that was nice. And after a long drive from Texas into St. Louis we all just wanted to eat. shower or bathe and nap. We notified the front desk we needed extra towels in the rooms and they sent those up quickly. Great service overall.

Location: We picked this hotel because of the location next to the ballpark. The hotel is right next to the train station and directly in front of Busch Stadium and a few blocks away from the arch. It's also ten minutes from St Louis University and Sweetie Pie's Upper Crust location.

Rooms: We were on the 5th floor, the rooms were really spacious and clean. Loved the bathrooms and huge fan of the bath tub, the room walls are also pretty thick. Im a light sleeper and my father snores pretty loud and I was unable to hear him in the adjourning room. The beds were great as well. Very well stocked mini-bar and standard free coffee and tea in the rooms.

Only Con...not really a con, but the hotel charges a fee for in-room wifi, but the lobby wifi is free. My trick was to log into the lobby wifi while in the room. Or ask the front desk to assist you if you're just looking for directions or flight information or something not work related or private.

Room Tip: The rooms are all very spacious so you shouldn't have any issues, but the suites are really nice...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank yoli24

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I booked this hotel for a one night stay while road tripping from east to west coast. The hotel was well located in downtown, near the stadium. The staff were all pleasant and tried hard to be accommodating. The room was clean and everything was modern and updated. The bathroom was great, spacious with both a large tub and beautiful shower. The shower was showing a small amount of wear, but nothing really noticeable unless examined really closely. We booked last minute but got an amazing deal. For less than $150 (including taxes), we got a king room with wifi, breakfast for 2 and valet parking included. The wifi worked well and breakfast was adequate. Overall, we were really happy with both the room and price. If ever in St. Louis, we'd definitely stay again.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I felt so pampered all weekend! Customer service as great and Brittany at the front desk was amazing. We we're able to bring our little puppy complimentary and sleep in the comfiest beads ever!!! I stayed here for a staycation with my boyfriend, and wish I would of had more than one night!!

The hotel was so clean. Deep soaking tub, separate shower and a robe hanging in there for you. It was really nice. Everything was beyond perfect. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was okay. The food wasn't very fresh tasting, but it was free so I can't really complain. There was no bacon. :(( I will definitely be staying here again, hopefully very soon!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I now make this my regular hotel in stl unless they jack the rates way up. I think the hall ways look weird and if you want to go to the landing you will need a cab. If your going to the game its right across the street. This hotels service is above and beyond. Best hotel in stl for the money i got my room for 159.99

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We had a great experience here. The Westin is located directly across from Busch Stadium, so there's a great view, and the service was excellent. Plus, they have that wonderful green tea Westin scent and the comfiest beds ever. A stay at the Westin is always relaxing for us.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel clearly exists for the stadium and for anything else it is expensive. We found the restaurant service wonderful, friendly and helpful but otherwise the service is not what we have experienced in other Westin Hotels. On checking in we were left to struggle with our bags and to find our room in a maze of corridors and a walkway. The reception forgot to give us our breakfast vouchers and could not provide any tourist advice or guidance. There was no concierge service and so we did our own research on the internet. Internet access was sporadic and often slow. The rooms are large and yet lack character and the view we had over the freeway did not help. If you want to visit St Louis for its sights and sounds this could be a great place to stay. Its near to some good music venues and the metro is just outside the door. If the restaurant staff service could be transferred to front of house services, things could be so much better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert W, General Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear PAH2008,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience on Tripadvisor. It is great to know we had exceeded your expectations with our service in our Clark St. Bar and Grille. I will let them know!
The design of our historic building, renovated to a hotel just 13 years ago, can sometimes mean there is a distance between the lobby and guestrooms and it appears your room may have fallen into this category. I do apologize about that! In addition, the forgetful and unhelpful Front Desk agent’s performance is far from our expected level of service. I have shared your comments with our team members and we will focus on ways to make sure that this does not happen again by retraining, reiterating and reinforcing the importance of hospitable service to all our guests.
Overall, your experience was far from our goal of providing an excellent guest experience and on behalf of the entire team, you have my sincerest apology. If you would ever like to take a moment to contact me directly at 314-621-2000, I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this with you further and perhaps regain your loyalty to the Westin St. Louis Hotel.

Regards,
Robert Weitz

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have to admit that our room had a lovely view of the stadium and arch, and the room itself was rather large. The bathroom was large as well with lots of counter space, although there was strangely only 1 sink when there were 2 mirrors with plenty of space for the 2nd sink. We didn't hear any noise although the Cardinals had away games both nights that we stayed so I'm sure that had something to do with it. The beds were a little too soft for our liking, so much so that my husband slept on the floor, so "heavenly" all depends on your preference. The first negative was that there was no doorman, and since there are steps going up to the door it would have been nice to have someone there to help guests carry their luggage. The restaurant and bar are nothing to speak of and are not a destination in themselves unlike some other luxury hotels. Several of us had to wait while a maid vaccummed the elevator floor but no one ever cleaned the greasy hand prints on the elevator door. We weren't about to pay $11/day for wifi either. It is certainly in a perfect location for those going to ballgames and is easy access from the highway, but aside from that I'm not sure that the hotel is anything amazing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert W, General Manager at Westin St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Melanie A,

I am very disappointed to read your review of the Westin St. Louis’ accommodations and services and how we fell short of meeting your expectations. The entire team is truly passionate about delivering a positively memorable experience and your feedback is not going unnoticed. I am glad to read that you found our guestroom accommodations, including the size, location and view to your liking. On the other hand, our scheduling should always be at a level in which every guest is greeted and assisted upon arrival, departure and anywhere else in between. Additionally, I’m saddened to read our restaurant was not what you had expected. We are very proud of the design of the restaurant, menu and service but unfortunately, did meet your expectation of our luxury hotel. Finally, I have already communicated your comments on our attempt to keep our elevators vacuumed but at the same time, completely missing the fingerprints. Melanie, we take your feedback so seriously and truly do use this for immediate improvement and for that I thank you. Should there be anything that I can assist you with in the future, you may certainly contact me directly through the hotel’s main phone number: 314- 621-2000.

Robert Weitz