“Outdated!” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ozark, Missouri
“Outdated!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

For a Sheraton it's gross! It's very old and outdated when it's got so much potential for a good remodel... Which they haven't done yet obviously.

My husband and I got a suite for the Justin timberlake concert. So a positive is the location. The negative is that the suite looks like a model 6 suite (if they had one) The furniture is ugly, the carpet is gross, the couch was nasty, the beds uncomfortable, the view was of the highway which you could hear all night long.

If we need to go to the scottrade center for something else we will be finding another place until Sheraton updates this place. I was scared to walk around barefoot as I thought I might catch something!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alisha B
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay at The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites.

We are deeply sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience during your last visit. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered; and want assure you that we take your feedback seriously and have shared your comments with our Leadership Team.

Please rest assured that the satisfaction our guests are our first preoccupation. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us to improve the quality of our service.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Parking is tight, rooms are very old, lobby is old and worn, restaurant is ok but nothing special.
Staff was very friendly and the location is OK. I would stay elsewhere if I travel to St. Louis again as I prefer more modern places.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear us40,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites; it was a privilege having you as our guests. We truly appreciate you staying with us and appreciate the time you took to provide feedback on your experience.

We are deeply sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience during your last visit. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered; and want to reassure you that your comments have been shared with our Leadership Team. Our Lobby was recently renovated, with brand new carpeting, furniture, paint and artwork, while maintaining the historic charm of the building. It is gratifying to know that you had very friendly encounters with our associates.

Thank you again for the feedback and understanding, and for helping us to improve the quality of our service.

If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

New Brighton, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a huge hotel very close to the Blue's arena. We walked the 1.5 miles to Edward Jones dome and felt safe in the day time. I was OK at night, just stay on the busy streets.
Took the Metrolink light rail train from the airport and it couldn't have been easier. Just get off at Civic Center station and walk 3 minutes to the hotel, the trains run at least every 15 minutes and are about $2.25 each way.
We arrived at 9:00, I am a Starwoods member and was able to check in at 10:00 am that day and the gentleman at the front desk gave us a key to the concierge level for free breakfast while we waited (5 star service). There was some traffic noise (the Cards won the World Series one night).

Room Tip: We were on the forth floor and the highway overpass was close to our room and a bit noisy...try for...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for you choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel for you recent visit to St. Louis, It was a privilege having you as our guests.

As we continue to strive to exceed all guests’ expectations and want every guest to have an exceptional stay; your feedback is imperative for us to better understand the needs and concerns of our guests.
We truly appreciate your patronage and hope that we have earned your loyalty and future business.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I will start with positives...beds comfy and nice size rooms. Room has couch and t.v. However rooms are outdated with older furniture even though hotel is not that old. We had a horrible experience.in lobby bar\restaurant. It took us 50 minutes to get a drink served to us. We were never given silverware or napkins for food. Parking is expensive. BAR\restaurant was over priced too. 17 bucks for one night to park. For the price, I would recommend staying at a different hotel downtown. You can getore for your money at many different hotels downtown.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Tracey C,

Thank you choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites, and for taking the time to share your experience from you last visit.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of attention to detail on the part of the associates you encountered in our Lounge. I want to assure your that this is not typical of our hotel, and that this has been addressed. While our close proximity to the Scottstrade Center blesses us with large volumes of business on event nights, there is no excuse for the less than satisfactory level of service you encountered. I can certainly understand how disturbing it must have been for you.

I very much regret all the inconvenience caused, but truly appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. I want to assure you that all of us here at The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel are dedicated to Total Customer Satisfaction; and hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate this commitment.

Hazelwood, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were staying at the hotel for the weekend (Sat and Sun). My fiance's daughter was getting married on Sunday. The hotel is nice. The room was spacious. Double sinks for the bathroom. The shower was okay, but it took a long time to get the hot water running. The water pressure was so-so, but usable. The bed (king size) was hard for us and the pillows were a bit squishy. While the hotel does have Wi-Fi, it is free in the lobby, yet you get charged for it ($11 a day) if you are a guest. If you park there you have to pay for that as well. ($17 a day). It is located near Busch Stadium and across the street from Scottrade Center.

Room Tip: We had an inside atrium room, but I think an outside room to see some of the city would be better.
Dear Cardnut23,

It was a privilege having you as our guest, thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your departure.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to come back soon to experience our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed as so many other guests have. Since your visit we have completed the renovation of our Lobby, while maintaining the historic charm of the building.

I want to assure you that all of us here at The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel are dedicated to total customer satisfaction; and hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate this commitment. Thank you again, for the time you too to provide your feedback.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that we have earned your future business.

Mark Wright,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Should have guessed... The outside has beautiful architectural features painted on it. It's just an old building that looks cool from a distance due to the paint. This negative review is not

If you want a place to party and you party hard I would highly recommend this hotel. The previous guests had already gashed and scratched the furniture. Stained the sofa and the sheets. Busted the springs on the pull out. Not to mention the pot smoke lingering from one of the neighboring rooms. Very disappointed. I moved my family to the Hilton down the street. Rooms were huge. It's a shame as it could be great with an emense indoor courtyard. But the place was becoming a dump. But great for a party weekend or to rest after a Blues game.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a privilege having you as our guests and thank you for choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites for your recent hotel visit. We truly appreciate you staying with us and appreciate the time you took to provide feedback on your experience.

I sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you encountered, I am truly sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. As I am sure you understand; Guest Satisfaction is our utmost priority. Our Engineering and Housekeeping Team has taken steps to resolve all of the mentioned defects and continue to perform preventative maintenance of our facility. It is feedback from conscientious guest such as yourself, that has prompted us to renovate our Lobby and Fitness Center. Our Lobby renovation is complete with new carpeting, new furniture throughout, fresh paint and new wall paintings. Our Sheraton Fitness Center programmed by Core Performance, has brand new flooring and Life Fitness cardio equipment. While we continue to maintain the historic charm of the building, we have ongoing project to improve the product and services.

Thank you for your patronage and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to total customer satisfaction. If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

Covington, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights for a business trip. Took the local train from the airport, and 25 minutes later, the hotel was right across the street from one of the stations. Appears to be a renovated old mill building on the edge of downtown. Check-in was fairly quick, given there weren't many people in line at the time. However, disapproved of being asked about additional hotels services once my credit card was swiped. Lobby had an upscale look and feel, with comfortable seating. Contained both a bar and restaurant. Ate at the restaurant; decent food but at above-average prices.

Probably the greatest plus was my room; it was huge! A suite with a living room area (with flatscreen TV and sleeper sofa and work desk), a sizeable bathroom "area", and a large bedroom with flatscreen and sitting area. The bed was comfy. The weather was cool during my visit, so I had to turn up the heat, which worked fine.

Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Cov Traveler,

I want to extend my sincere gratitude for you taking the time to offer your feedback regarding you last stay at the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel. It was a privilege having you as our guest and hope that when in St. Louis you will come and visit us again. We truly appreciate your business.