“Okay Hotel”

St. Louis City Center Hotel
Ranked #92 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is a nice hotel, but we had a few issues. The rooms are very large and spacious so that was nice. Also, the parking was very convenient. My boyfriend and I both had a car though so it was expensive for us to use the garage, but the elevator from the garage to our room was a short walk. The second night we were there we found animal feces on the floor under the desk. I assume from whoever stayed in the room before us, and they did not notice it when they cleaned the room. My biggest problem with this was when I called the front desk...they did not apologize or offer us any thing to compensate for having feces in the room....They did offer us another room but I did not want to pack everything up and change rooms over it. Housekeeping came up and cleaned it up and she did apologize. My other complaint was in the indoor pool and hot tub, the chlorine was so strong that my eyes burned and we couldn't stay in there. However we did get a good deal on the room on Hotwire so it was definitely worth the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Teeny_Amers,

I want to sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you encountered on your recent visit to the Sheraton St Louis City Center Hotel. We truly appreciate you staying with us and appreciate the time you took to provide feedback on your experience. It is valued, conscientious Guests, such as yourself, that provide us the feedback necessary to continue to improve our products and services.

We are a Pet Friendly Hotel and we have Standard Operating Procedures in place to house guests with pets. When notified of pet presence, we appropriately clean those rooms upon departure. Unfortunately there are times when pets are brought into our guestrooms without our knowledge. The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of the Hotel Leadership Team. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for the lack of attention to detail and the lackadaisical attitude on the part of those associates involved. I want to assure you that steps have been taken to ensure that a similar situation does not re-occur. As we continue to strive to exceed all guests’ expectations and want every guest to have an exceptional stay; your feedback is imperative for us to better understand the needs and concerns of our guests. Thank you once more for the gift of your feedback.

Once again, we thank you for your patronage and hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to Total Customer Satisfaction. If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My room was almost $200 per night - it's just not that great. I've stayed here before and honestly it's dark because most of the rooms are on the interior of the hotel around the atrium. It's no substitute for sunlight. While the rooms are very large, the layout has never made sense to me. I couldn't get comfortable with the temperature - it was SO hot even after I turned the thermostat down as far as it would go. I couldn't wait to get outside.

No free internet, but that's the norm with higher-priced hotels. I just accept it.

I remember when the building was remodeled into this hotel (10+ years ago). It wasn't exactly trend decor even then and they haven't updated anything since so decor looks very dated. The bed, however, was quite comfortable.

The people at the front desk were very nice as were the housekeeping staff, but service was nothing special. To be fair, I was only there one night.

This hotel is close to the light rail and to Hwy 40 so the location is great to get to the good spots in STL.

There is a bar in the hotel so that's nice if you're with a group of people. It keeps the hallways quiet because it keeps the group drinkers out of one room.

Room Tip: Try to get an exterior room to grab sunlight.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey during your stay with us. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as your comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

The feedback you provided has been communicated to our Housekeeping and Engineering departments. It was gratifying to read that you rated the Front Office service as excellent; your comments have been shared with our Team to reinforce the fruits of their efforts. With feedback from conscientious guests such as you, we can continue to strive to exceed all guests’ expectations. While your experience is not typical of our hotel, there is no excuse for the deficiencies you encountered. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance that you experienced.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

For a Sheraton it's gross! It's very old and outdated when it's got so much potential for a good remodel... Which they haven't done yet obviously.

My husband and I got a suite for the Justin timberlake concert. So a positive is the location. The negative is that the suite looks like a model 6 suite (if they had one) The furniture is ugly, the carpet is gross, the couch was nasty, the beds uncomfortable, the view was of the highway which you could hear all night long.

If we need to go to the scottrade center for something else we will be finding another place until Sheraton updates this place. I was scared to walk around barefoot as I thought I might catch something!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alisha B

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay at The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites.

We are deeply sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience during your last visit. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered; and want assure you that we take your feedback seriously and have shared your comments with our Leadership Team.

Please rest assured that the satisfaction our guests are our first preoccupation. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us to improve the quality of our service.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Parking is tight, rooms are very old, lobby is old and worn, restaurant is ok but nothing special.
Staff was very friendly and the location is OK. I would stay elsewhere if I travel to St. Louis again as I prefer more modern places.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
mwright1973, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Dear us40,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites; it was a privilege having you as our guests. We truly appreciate you staying with us and appreciate the time you took to provide feedback on your experience.

We are deeply sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience during your last visit. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered; and want to reassure you that your comments have been shared with our Leadership Team. Our Lobby was recently renovated, with brand new carpeting, furniture, paint and artwork, while maintaining the historic charm of the building. It is gratifying to know that you had very friendly encounters with our associates.

Thank you again for the feedback and understanding, and for helping us to improve the quality of our service.

If there is anything we can do further please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a huge hotel very close to the Blue's arena. We walked the 1.5 miles to Edward Jones dome and felt safe in the day time. I was OK at night, just stay on the busy streets.
Took the Metrolink light rail train from the airport and it couldn't have been easier. Just get off at Civic Center station and walk 3 minutes to the hotel, the trains run at least every 15 minutes and are about $2.25 each way.
We arrived at 9:00, I am a Starwoods member and was able to check in at 10:00 am that day and the gentleman at the front desk gave us a key to the concierge level for free breakfast while we waited (5 star service). There was some traffic noise (the Cards won the World Series one night).

Room Tip: We were on the forth floor and the highway overpass was close to our room and a bit noisy...try for...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for you choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel for you recent visit to St. Louis, It was a privilege having you as our guests.

We truly appreciate your patronage and hope that we have earned your loyalty and future business.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I will start with positives...beds comfy and nice size rooms. Room has couch and t.v. However rooms are outdated with older furniture even though hotel is not that old. We had a horrible experience.in lobby bar\restaurant. It took us 50 minutes to get a drink served to us. We were never given silverware or napkins for food. Parking is expensive. BAR\restaurant was over priced too. 17 bucks for one night to park. For the price, I would recommend staying at a different hotel downtown. You can getore for your money at many different hotels downtown.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Tracey C,

Thank you choosing the Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites, and for taking the time to share your experience from you last visit.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of attention to detail on the part of the associates you encountered in our Lounge. I want to assure your that this is not typical of our hotel, and that this has been addressed. While our close proximity to the Scottstrade Center blesses us with large volumes of business on event nights, there is no excuse for the less than satisfactory level of service you encountered. I can certainly understand how disturbing it must have been for you.

I very much regret all the inconvenience caused, but truly appreciate the time you took to share your feedback. I want to assure you that all of us here at The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel are dedicated to Total Customer Satisfaction; and hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate this commitment.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were staying at the hotel for the weekend (Sat and Sun). My fiance's daughter was getting married on Sunday. The hotel is nice. The room was spacious. Double sinks for the bathroom. The shower was okay, but it took a long time to get the hot water running. The water pressure was so-so, but usable. The bed (king size) was hard for us and the pillows were a bit squishy. While the hotel does have Wi-Fi, it is free in the lobby, yet you get charged for it ($11 a day) if you are a guest. If you park there you have to pay for that as well. ($17 a day). It is located near Busch Stadium and across the street from Scottrade Center.

Room Tip: We had an inside atrium room, but I think an outside room to see some of the city would be better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Cardnut23,

It was a privilege having you as our guest, thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your departure.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to come back soon to experience our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed as so many other guests have. Since your visit we have completed the renovation of our Lobby, while maintaining the historic charm of the building.

I want to assure you that all of us here at The Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel are dedicated to total customer satisfaction; and hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate this commitment. Thank you again, for the time you too to provide your feedback.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that we have earned your future business.

Mark Wright,