We spent 2 nights here to attend a concert at the Scottrade Center. It is just about 1 block away, so the location was handy for that purpose. When we arrived we missed the entrance the first time, it was not signed very well. After we went around a few blocks we drove right in and were faced with self parking for 17 bucks per night or 23 for valet. Valet was easiest at the time, so we splurged.
At check in, they did not have a king bed room available at 5pm. We were "upgraded" to a suite. Basically a room with a partial wall dividing the bedroom from the sofa and chair sitting area. There was a large wall of windows behind the sofa, but the curtains did a great job of blocking the light. Overall the room seemed tired and ready for a redo, but given the rate we paid, ($100, booked on Starwood) can't really complain. There were 2 "old" tvs and a mini-fridge which came in handy. A decent sized closet but a light inside the closet would have been nice. In general the room was dark, one bedside lamp did not work and the vanity light was not very bright.
The king bed and pillows were very comfortable and the bedding was nice and appeared clean. Minimal, but nice toiletries. There was a card on the bed for a "green" option. If you hung it on the door before 2am they would skip cleaning your room for 1 day and you would get a $5 card to use in the hotel. We hung the card and it was never taken, no $5 card was ever offered and I don't believe that housekeeping came anywhere near our room. By doing this we ran out of in room coffee. At checkout however, we did receive 500 points on our Starwood account.
The only outlet we used was the bar for a quick drink after the concert. We were happy they were open so late on a Sunday night. They got busy in a hurry but service was fast and friendly and not overly priced for a downtown hotel.
On check out we called for the car. When we got to the drive a valet came up to us and said they did not have a valet on duty that day that could drive a standard transmission car. So I stayed with the luggage and my husband went with the valet to retrieve our car. They were obviously embarrassed by this, and they should be.
They did not seem to have a concierge available which wasn't too big a deal as we are familiar with the city some. Had a great dinner one night at LoRusso's on the hill. Always go there and always enjoy it. They are well reviewed here on Tripadvisor.
If we were to return to St Louis for another concert at the Scottrade Center I would certainly consider staying here if the price is right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Louis City Center Hotel is a beautifully appointed hotel in the heart of downtown. The historic flavor of this 1929 landmark building combines with modern comforts to create a unique experience with something for everyone. Spread out and relax in one of our beautifully appointed, oversized guest rooms, offering FREE high speed internet, queen sofa sleepers, wet bars, and refrigerators. Relax on our sun deck next to the indoor heated swimming pool, or experience an innovative meal of American-styled entrees and daily chef specials in the upscale setting of bistro 14. You can also take a well-deserved break in Columns Lounge, conveniently located in the lobby. Our hotel is adjacent to the Metro Link/Light Rail system, so you can easily visit downtown attractions like the Gateway Arch, Busch Stadium, Riverboat Casinos, and Union Station. We are also directly across from the Scottrade Center Sports Arena—home of the St. Louis Blues—as well as the renowned Peabody Opera House, where performances, concerts, and special events are staged. With 30,000 square feet of meeting room space, all equipped with Internet access, our facilities are a great choice for your next event. Our one-of-a-kind city view ballroom boasts spectacular views of the downtown skyline and is a beautiful setting for weddings, as well as social functions. We look forward to welcoming you to the St. Louis City Center Hotel —now 100% smoke-free. Together we can leave the air the way it was meant to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your St. Louis City Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton City Center St. Louis Hotel Saint Louis
- Sheraton Hotel Saint Louis
- Sheraton Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Sheraton