“Great Staff!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ohio
“Great Staff!”
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I was very impressed with the hotel staff at the Sheraton. The first night we were there, our waiter (Tim) at the pub was very friendly and helpful. Not only was he knowledgeable about the food, but also the surrounding areas and the hotel itself. before we finished dinner, he had called a shuttle to take us to the casino.

The valets were also great. Always at the door greeting you warmly and offering to help in any way they could. It was freezing cold when we were there, but they stood at that door with a big smile.

Our room was great...very large and very clean.

The pool area was also nice.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
New York
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Everytime i stay at this property it is a great experience the staff is wonderful, the rooms are huge great value. i recently stayed at the westin in st louis because someone refered it to me and i was very disappointed it dosent compare to your hotel anytime i come to your hotel i will deffinetly stay at your hotel. I would also lke to reconize a few of your employees Casey at the checkin, andy in valet, brandy in the loby,keith in the resturant and Kyle in room service i think i made have call hime KIle in my last review. Please tell your staff how great they are. Anytime i come to st louis i will alway stay at the sheraton center. I'll see you in April

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2010
Thank you for taking the time to recognize a few of the associates that made a difference. I will share your thoughts with the entire Sheraton St. Louis Team.

We hope to see you back soon.

NY
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Yesturday we left the Sheraton City Center. I know now why it is called that. 3 sides are surrounded by highway and public transport. We were luckly upgraded to a suite by public transport, which you could hear well. There was garage parking ($11 a day)where someone was lurking and we emptied everything from our car!! We then had to deal with the hassel of them not letting us use the baggage cart without assistance!!
There was no do not disturb sign to keep the housekeeper out of our carload of things that we pilled in the room so we got one from the desk. The housekeeper took the sign and cleaned up the room anyway!! We later found out that they also have a great insentive to be "GREEN" by not having a housekeeper come in. Not sure if that was the reason behind it!!!!
No free internet
No Free Parking
Otherwise the hotel was nice, except for the chex mix under the edge of the bed (which was missed by the housekeeper at least 2 times)!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2010
I appreciate your feedback. I do regret that our housekeeping department failed to meet your expectations. I have followed up with the appropriate department head to insure that they are aware of your experience.

I do hope that you will give us another try in the future. I want to assure you that this is an isolated occurance.

general manager

Minneapolis
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Shannon Picart kept the New Year's crowds in line and was committed to my safety and comfort at the Sheraton this week. Thanks for the comfortable accommodations, the outstanding room service, and the warm smiles among all of the staff. When I stay in a place out of town, I only require a safe and comfortable place to lay my head, but this week at the Sheraton gave me more than that. So, thank you.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank StoneyJoe
Thank your letting us know how much you enjoyed your Sheraton experience. I will definately let Shannon know that she made a lasting impression.

Please come back soon.

Chicago
Reviewed 22 December 2009

We would like to compliment one of your staff personnel, Ms. Maggie Higgins. She was very helfful in assisting us in getting to hotel via phone. When we arrived she greeted us in a professional manner but also very warmly. Even though we only spoke for a few minutes, she left a very positive impression and we look forward to returning to the hotel another time (we have family in the city).

Mr. and Mrs. C.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Verita41
Lawrence, KS
Reviewed 14 November 2009

This is a neat hotel built in an old warehouse. It has very spacious rooms -- though about half of them open to an indoor courtyard with a skylight. The location is terrific because it's across from Amtrak, Metro Link, and a major city bus hub and there's a Budget Rent-A-Car down stairs. I actually found the hotel to be pretty nicely appointed. The staff were great. The morning buffet was really overpriced, however -- though it was good. The BIG BIG PROBLEM with this hotel was the noise. I don't know if this was a terribly unfortunate situation on the 8th floor -- 890's section -- or a problem throughout the hotel, but I have never stayed in a hotel that was this noisy. I had security come up twice to quiet people. And the same problem occurred the next night. I would really like to stay here again because of the ease of access. But the NOISE. The staff did what they could but something just wasn't right on this. My best recommendation is stay the heck off the 8th floor and see if things come out better. I was also ticked-off by paying for Internet. Strange how it's free (as is breakfast) in cheaper hotels, but here we pay for it.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank TraveldadAX
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 17 November 2009
Thanks for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed. Come back soon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 November 2009

We spent 2 nights here to attend a concert at the Scottrade Center. It is just about 1 block away, so the location was handy for that purpose. When we arrived we missed the entrance the first time, it was not signed very well. After we went around a few blocks we drove right in and were faced with self parking for 17 bucks per night or 23 for valet. Valet was easiest at the time, so we splurged.

At check in, they did not have a king bed room available at 5pm. We were "upgraded" to a suite. Basically a room with a partial wall dividing the bedroom from the sofa and chair sitting area. There was a large wall of windows behind the sofa, but the curtains did a great job of blocking the light. Overall the room seemed tired and ready for a redo, but given the rate we paid, ($100, booked on Starwood) can't really complain. There were 2 "old" tvs and a mini-fridge which came in handy. A decent sized closet but a light inside the closet would have been nice. In general the room was dark, one bedside lamp did not work and the vanity light was not very bright.

The king bed and pillows were very comfortable and the bedding was nice and appeared clean. Minimal, but nice toiletries. There was a card on the bed for a "green" option. If you hung it on the door before 2am they would skip cleaning your room for 1 day and you would get a $5 card to use in the hotel. We hung the card and it was never taken, no $5 card was ever offered and I don't believe that housekeeping came anywhere near our room. By doing this we ran out of in room coffee. At checkout however, we did receive 500 points on our Starwood account.

The only outlet we used was the bar for a quick drink after the concert. We were happy they were open so late on a Sunday night. They got busy in a hurry but service was fast and friendly and not overly priced for a downtown hotel.

On check out we called for the car. When we got to the drive a valet came up to us and said they did not have a valet on duty that day that could drive a standard transmission car. So I stayed with the luggage and my husband went with the valet to retrieve our car. They were obviously embarrassed by this, and they should be.

They did not seem to have a concierge available which wasn't too big a deal as we are familiar with the city some. Had a great dinner one night at LoRusso's on the hill. Always go there and always enjoy it. They are well reviewed here on Tripadvisor.

If we were to return to St Louis for another concert at the Scottrade Center I would certainly consider staying here if the price is right.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clkc86
I appreciate your feedback. I am glad that you found value in booking on line as you did. I am disappointed that some of your experience was not up to standard. Please understand that these items such as housekeeping and valet have been addressed. We hope that you will join us again soon.