“Best hotel service in Saint Louis”

St. Louis City Center Hotel
Ranked #92 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Service is graceous and they truly made me feel like I belonged. Everyone from Seth in guest Services to Raymond Smalley, Director of Operations, was there to make me feel appreciated and welcome. Hotel occupies one of St Louis' historical buildings and provides all the charm and warmth of days gone by. Great hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2010

I am glad that you enjoyed your Sheraton experience in St. Louis. I appreciate your kind words regarding some of our staff members. We are lucky to have them on the team.

See you back soon!

Rkravitz

There are newer reviews for St. Louis City Center Hotel

Reviewed 15 February 2010

This hotel was beautiful! They have comfy beds, clean lobby, and a big pool and hot tub. I would definately stay there again.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
RSwick, Rooms Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2010

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us on TripAdvisor! Happy travels, RSwick st.louis@sheraton.com

Reviewed 15 February 2010

Was in town for a Blues game and it turns out it was one of the busiest weekends because of the Mardi Gras celebration. With the hotel filled to capacity, anytime I needed something the staff was right on it, whether it was an extra pillow to calling for a free shuttle to the casino. Well worth the rate I paid.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2010

We were attending The Blues hockey game and this hotel is a perfect location. Valet service was challenged in that we had to wait for them to get our car, no warmers available outside so the valet service is running in/out of the hotel for warmth. Checkin was fine and the meal was okay. But they offer 'lemon cake' with fresh strawberries and dark chocolate curls. Turns out the lemon cake is poppy seed bread. The fresh strawberries are canned with pie filling. And the dark chocolate curls are two small medallions with the Sheraton logo on them. Not really a tasty treat. First night waited over 20 minutes to get a cab. So on checkout morning called to request a cab and the front desk clerk was very rude insisting there are cabs available out front so I could come down any time. When I explained that we waited the prior evening on a cab, she became even ruder, repeating her first words. When I did arrive downstairs, of course there were no cabs to be found. She refused to even apologize, just rudely stating that there usually are cabs there (which I already know from experience isn't true). No hotel manager available to even share story with. Went to hotel web site and no way to provide comments there either. Paid an extra $20 to have a spa-bathtub that did not work either. So not sure I would be going back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2010

I thank you for your feedback and apologize for our service shortfalls during your visit. We did have several opportunities during that time that have been addressed. I assure you that these are isolated occurances.

We hope to see you back again so we can show you a much better Sheraton experience.

R Kravitz

Reviewed 10 February 2010

As a business traveler, I spend many nights in a hotel. I try to be patient, however, I expect good service. This hotel had PERFECT location as it was directly adjacent to the Scottrade Arena for Blues Hockey. Upon arrival, we had to wait an extended amount of time for the valet to appear. Shameful as the temps dipped into the teens at night, the hotel did not provide a heater outside, thus the valet boys had to keep running in and out of the hotel for warmth. It didn't bode well with me as I was trying to leave for the airport, the valet could not open the cabinet to retrieve my rental car keys. Rushing to catch my plane, this caused quite a bit of stress. Not to mention, there is no taxi stand outside. The room was nice and spacey. The bed's comfort was as advertised- wonderful, with the exception the sheets were rough and crunchy. The toilet paper was substandard for what you would expect from this level of hotel. The front desk staff was unaccommodating and unfriendly. I would definitely think twice before staying at this hotel. The hotel restaurant menu was misleading as to the food offered. The business center was more of a joke as they wanted a $50 credit card deposit before you could use the center's computer. It was overall, a disappointment and I hope the management takes a really good look at the folks who represent their hotel and make some needed changes.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2010

I appreiate your feedback. It is unfortunate that we did have a bad night on the front drive. While I will not make excuses for the situation, I can tell you that they are isolated occurances and have been addressed internally and by our parking service provider.
As for the front desk experience, I can tell you as well that this has been addressed with the appropriate department head to insure that this will not happen again.

I am sure that you can see by the other ratings on this site that most of our guests report favorable service and value. I hope that you will give us another try.

Again, thank you.

RKravitz
general manager

Reviewed 30 January 2010

Stayed here a couple of nights for a work meeting. The staff was attentive and quick-to-respond to both items I called about.... a coffee pot I thought didn't work, but did, and that my heat would not come on. They moved me to another room to resolve this.

It is a bit noisy, as others have said. I didn't hear other staff so much as a constant hum from traffic down below - it was not so bad as to be distracting, but it was noticeable. The location is good in that it's close to a number of downtown sites, but I'm not sure what the neighborhood is like for walking around. The rooms were big and clean and the bed very, very soft (too soft for my liking but I can see how some would love them). One big downside is no wireless anywhere inside that I could find.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2010

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that we were able to respond to your needs quickly and to your satisfaction. I do apologize for the heat issue that you had in your first room.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

R Kravitz

Reviewed 29 January 2010

My husband and I travelled here for our honeymoon to catch a Wild Vs. Blues game. We chose this location due to the fact that it is right down the street from Scotttrade Center and got an amazing deal on priceline for a standard room.

We drove from MN and decided to come a day ahead of schedule to have some extra time to explore STL. We arrived at night and had no problem at all locating the hotel and the parking ramp. Literally from the second we arrived we had great service. We decided to do the self park option just to save a couple bucks (you still get in and out privleges!) When I pulled in, I had pulled to far away from the ticket machine to reach the ticket (I'm pretty short!) and started to unbuckle to get out to grab it. The gentleman working valet immediately ran over to me and grabbed my ticket for me so I didnt have to get out into the cold. It was a very nice gesture! We found a parking spot with ease, right by the elevators.

We walked in to check-in and Rachel was working the front desk. She was extremely courteous and friendly. We had a laugh that we both had the same first and middle names. We informed her we were on our honeymoon and here to catch the Wild game and she and the other hotel workers at the desk immediately congratulated us and made us feel very very special. She upgraded us to a suite, which was amazing! She took the time to explain parking to us, and let us know we would just have to come back down in the morning since we had 2 reservations due to our early arrival. We asked her for some ideas of what to do in STL during the winter time, seeing as this was our first visit to the city. She reccomended a place called the City Museum, said that we would really like it. If the manager is reading this, could you please pass on to Rachel that the City Museum was the most incredible museum my husband and I have ever been to! We spent an entire day there and want to come back just to go to the museum. Had it not been for Rachels suggestion we would have never known about it.

We made it to our suite, which was HUGE!!! We had a beautiful view of downtown and of the Arch. While we are unpacking there is a knock at the door and one of the front desk workers (I wish I could remember his name!!) Was there and he said that himself and Rachel would like to say congratulations again and gave us 6 coupons for free drinks in the bar. Once again, a very nice gesture. He then made sure to ask us if our room was ok, and if we needed anything else. He told us to make sure we checked out the pool on the 13th floor, which we did. (its amazing, with breathtaking views of the city) I only wish it wasnt winter so we could have gone out and enjoyed the open air patio.

The room was very clean and we absolutely no issue with noise as other reviews on here say. In fact I dont think we heard anything in our room! No traffic outside and no one in the hallway/atrium.

We definitely will be returning to STL, and when we do, we'll be staying here.
The only thing that could have made our stay better was the Wild winning...darn those Blues!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to share with others how much you enjoyed your Sheraton St. Louis experience. I will be sure to share your thoughts with Rachael who exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

RKravitz