“Nice stay. Worked with me on rate.”

St. Louis City Center Hotel
Ranked #91 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bloomington, IL
“Nice stay. Worked with me on rate.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2010

Stayed here while going to the Missouri Valley basketball tournament on 06Mar2010 with my son. A very helpful lady at the desk, Kimberley Robinson, worked with me on the rate, and was able to match what I would have paid at a hotel that was much farther from the tournament. We had a great stay. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2010
Thanks for sharing your thoughts about The Sheraton St. Louis. I will let Kimberly at the front desk know that you appreciated her help.
Please tell your friends to stay with us whenever they are downtown as well.

RKravitz
st.louis@sheraton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Southaven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

The hotel was nice and the staff was even better. They let us check-in a hour early without a fee. The only problem was that they sell their "extra" parking spots to the game attanding citizens in the area. On that night, the hotel ran out of parking spaces for its customers.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KamiQuazi
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2010
I appreciate your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found value in your overall experience at the hotel.

As for the parking situation, we ALWAYS take care of an overnight hotel guest. Our back-up is to valet a hotel guest at no extra charge in the event that there is difficulty finding a parking in the garage. If this was not clearly communicated by the parking associate, I apologize and will follow-up immediately.

We hope to see you back soon

MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

This hotel has a good location especially for concerts, hockey games. Version center is right across the street. The hotel is somewhat dated. Reserved thru hotwire for 4 people & had to pay $ 20 after arrival to get a room w/ 2 beds. Did get (unknown to me until after a little checking) the club level w/ a great view. All the perks perks of the club level were not made known as well until, again, after a little investigation. I should of received appetizer, drink & breakfast vouchers @ check in. These were a definite bonus but Is it really that difficult to just put out there @ check in ? All the hotel "literature" ie/ what to except in the club lounge (not much), hours, lifeguard (none) availability etc. is all wrong & outdated. Except to pay $17 to self park or $23 for valet. Their garage becomes totally full w/ events like hockey games so u can use the valet for the self pay price if the lot ti s full when u arrive. Again...U won't know unless u ask !!! It is pretty clean. The beds were very comfortable more what we r accustom to @ Starwood properties.I would only stay again if i had a really great rate.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank tellurideneeds
Your feedback about the lack of communication is very important. I have shared your comments with my operations team in order to create better experiences here at the Sheraton. I apologize that we were not more thorough.

I am glad that you found value in the club amenities and that you also enjoyed your room and view.

Again, I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts. We hope to see you back soon.

New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

Room was great and service was outstanding! Brandon, at the front desk went out of his way to help me get a boarding pass. Good location, across from ScottTrade Center.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank poche1215
RSwick, Rooms Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2010
We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the special mention of one of our front desk associates. Happy Travels! RSwick st. louis@sheraton.com
St louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

My husband and i were celebrating our 30th anniversary. when we arrived at this hotel our first impression was wow the decor is lovely- the clerk that checked us in was very nice . when we entered our room it was very cold- the thermostat read 65. we turned up the heat to 90, and dcided to go to pool/jacuzzi and relax, we returned to the room about 1 hr later and the temp had not changed, so we left again, for dinner, when we return the temp was 67!!!!! we waited a couple of hours and no change, this visit was in FEB- and it was below 20 outside. i called the front desk and clerk said - we will change your room---well to make a long story short we had to change rooms 3 times, and the clerk that evening was very annoyed that i kept calling her- i had to ask her to make sure the next room is warm and that the heat worked- she told us to get some blankets and wait until about 3am and see if room warms up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- needless to say we were very upset- i asked her for a manger and she said - you have to wait until morning- i asked her to note my account she said just ask for manager in AM!!!!- of course i did and all that he offered was free breakfast!- so my husband called the corprate office, and we were given a preferred guest card with enough points for free night stay- AND after that the entire staff was very nice- and friendly AND accomodating- even giving us complimentary soda, and meds- by theway the manager gave us a $30.00 crdit on our rooom account for dinner. We extended our stay, and was very pleased after that.. we will visit this location again!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
You message is loud and clear as disappointing as it is; we did not respond to your needs in a timely manner. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I apologize for our lack of follow-through. I have addressed your comments with my operations team so that this does not happen again. This is not the experience that we want to be known for.

I am glad that you will return. I assure you a much more relaxing experience.

Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2010

This hotel has the cheapest service i've ever encountered. At the club lounge, breakfast is served until 11 am. There were 3 groups of people, total of 7) who I guess wanted to eat breakfast and nothing was left except for 4 pcs of bread w cheese, 2 bagels, 3 cupcakes and few pcs of cantaloupes. Coffee pot was already empty. There was a staff but was just sitting and watching tv instead of filling some food at the counter. At some hotels that i have stayed in, breakfast is so inviting, you can see a lot of choices. Again i went around night time to get some coffee, there was no paper cup to get some coffee to go and there was only 1 splenda left. I guess, none of the staff was checking it. One afternoon, i passed by a hotel staff but never said hi. She's a black woman. The computer that I wanted to use at the club lounge was just as old as my grandfather. This hotel cannot even buy a unit but charges a lot to clients. Will never come back here!

Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
RSwick, Rooms Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2010
Thank you for the feedback about our hotel service. It's only through what we hear back from our guests that we learn what we do well and what we need to improve. Your club lounge experience definitely fell short of both your expectations as well as our service standards. Unfortunately, we can't change your experience but we can continue to work with our staff to ensure that all guest interactions are positive and friendly. We'd love the opportunity to try to make a more positive impression if a return visit to St. Louis is planned. Warm regards, RSwick st.louis@sheraton.com
arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2010

Service is graceous and they truly made me feel like I belonged. Everyone from Seth in guest Services to Raymond Smalley, Director of Operations, was there to make me feel appreciated and welcome. Hotel occupies one of St Louis' historical buildings and provides all the charm and warmth of days gone by. Great hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
rkravitzgm, general manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2010
I am glad that you enjoyed your Sheraton experience in St. Louis. I appreciate your kind words regarding some of our staff members. We are lucky to have them on the team.

See you back soon!