I purchased my tickets on hotwire but when I got to the hotel I was told that I could upgrade for $10 more a night. The upgrade was for a bigger room and a view outside. I was informed by the hotel that since we bought the tickets thru hotwire we get an indoor view. The room is not the cleanest. There was toe nail clippings in the floor, hair in the bathroom, and hair in the bed. The pull out bed was so uncomfortable. You could feel the bars and springs. The housekeeping was not friendly. They didn't speak english so they didn't understand you and you couldn't understand them. You also have to pay to make local phone calls ($1.50 per call up to 30 min.). The food in the hotel was very high. $16.00 for cereal plus another $3.00 if you want it brought up to your room. Also, the pool is only open from 5pm-9pm. The hot tub had foam so big that nobody could use it. The hotel said they would fix it but never did. You also have to pay for parking. Self parking is $17 a night. They do have a Fitness Center but you have to be 18 or older to use it. Overall I have stayed in better hotels for the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Louis City Center Hotel is a beautifully appointed hotel in the heart of downtown. The historic flavor of this 1929 landmark building combines with modern comforts to create a unique experience with something for everyone. Spread out and relax in one of our beautifully appointed, oversized guest rooms, offering FREE high speed internet, queen sofa sleepers, wet bars, and refrigerators. Relax on our sun deck next to the indoor heated swimming pool, or experience an innovative meal of American-styled entrees and daily chef specials in the upscale setting of bistro 14. You can also take a well-deserved break in Columns Lounge, conveniently located in the lobby. Our hotel is adjacent to the Metro Link/Light Rail system, so you can easily visit downtown attractions like the Gateway Arch, Busch Stadium, Riverboat Casinos, and Union Station. We are also directly across from the Scottrade Center Sports Arena—home of the St. Louis Blues—as well as the renowned Peabody Opera House, where performances, concerts, and special events are staged. With 30,000 square feet of meeting room space, all equipped with Internet access, our facilities are a great choice for your next event. Our one-of-a-kind city view ballroom boasts spectacular views of the downtown skyline and is a beautiful setting for weddings, as well as social functions. We look forward to welcoming you to the St. Louis City Center Hotel —now 100% smoke-free. Together we can leave the air the way it was meant to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your St. Louis City Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton City Center St. Louis Hotel Saint Louis
- Sheraton Hotel Saint Louis
- Sheraton Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Sheraton