We booked on Hotwire so we had a really great rate. When we arrived at the hotel we were quickly checked in. However, when we got to the room, it had not been cleaned yet -- beds not changed, towels on floor/counter, etc. I went back to the front desk and we were upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. It was great to have some extra room. The room did have an odor to it when first entering, then I think we just got used to it. The pool was great for the kids and the fitness room had more equipment than most. We were only in St. Louis for 2 nights, so we were not in the room very much. There were a couple of family reunions going on at the hotel, so the elevators were sometimes crowded and running slow. The pool was also very crowded due to the reunions.
It is ridculous to charge $10.99 for internet access in your room. You could go to the lobby and use it for free. I ended up just sitting in the hall near the elevators to access it there. There was a $17/day charge for parking which is standard in most cities. Actually, I found the cost less than most cities we have visited. We self-parked and had in/out privileges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Louis City Center Hotel is a beautifully appointed hotel in the heart of downtown. The historic flavor of this 1929 landmark building combines with modern comforts to create a unique experience with something for everyone. Spread out and relax in one of our beautifully appointed, oversized guest rooms, offering FREE high speed internet, queen sofa sleepers, wet bars, and refrigerators. Relax on our sun deck next to the indoor heated swimming pool, or experience an innovative meal of American-styled entrees and daily chef specials in the upscale setting of bistro 14. You can also take a well-deserved break in Columns Lounge, conveniently located in the lobby. Our hotel is adjacent to the Metro Link/Light Rail system, so you can easily visit downtown attractions like the Gateway Arch, Busch Stadium, Riverboat Casinos, and Union Station. We are also directly across from the Scottrade Center Sports Arena—home of the St. Louis Blues—as well as the renowned Peabody Opera House, where performances, concerts, and special events are staged. With 30,000 square feet of meeting room space, all equipped with Internet access, our facilities are a great choice for your next event. Our one-of-a-kind city view ballroom boasts spectacular views of the downtown skyline and is a beautiful setting for weddings, as well as social functions. We look forward to welcoming you to the St. Louis City Center Hotel —now 100% smoke-free. Together we can leave the air the way it was meant to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your St. Louis City Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton City Center St. Louis Hotel Saint Louis
- Sheraton Hotel Saint Louis
- Sheraton Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Sheraton