“Great Stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
pickerington, ohio
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We booked on Hotwire so we had a really great rate. When we arrived at the hotel we were quickly checked in. However, when we got to the room, it had not been cleaned yet -- beds not changed, towels on floor/counter, etc. I went back to the front desk and we were upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. It was great to have some extra room. The room did have an odor to it when first entering, then I think we just got used to it. The pool was great for the kids and the fitness room had more equipment than most. We were only in St. Louis for 2 nights, so we were not in the room very much. There were a couple of family reunions going on at the hotel, so the elevators were sometimes crowded and running slow. The pool was also very crowded due to the reunions.

It is ridculous to charge $10.99 for internet access in your room. You could go to the lobby and use it for free. I ended up just sitting in the hall near the elevators to access it there. There was a $17/day charge for parking which is standard in most cities. Actually, I found the cost less than most cities we have visited. We self-parked and had in/out privileges.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
RSwick, Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2010
We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for sharing your comments - we appreciate that you've noted some great things and also gave us some insight into what we could do a little better. I'm glad that any challenges you encountered we were able to overcome quickly. Happy Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Biggest problem was a stalker slipping notes under the doors of Women I worked with. Very creepy that he could describe them yet they never saw anyone. Hotel did not seem concerned and it almost seemed like it was an Employee of the hotel.
The rooms were stinky from years of smokers, yet it is now a non-smoking hotel.
Internet was $11 and was slow as could be. I mentioned this on check out and they again did not seem to care.
A short walk to Union Station and the MetroLink station is right across the street. I took the train to the Galleria Mall with little walking needed.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2010
I am sorry that you had so many challenges during your stay. I am confident that the person slipping notes under your door was not an associate of the hotel. I agree that you should have been concerned and that this matter will be addressed immediately. I assure you and anyone reading this review that this is not a normal occurance. I wil follow-up on the repsonse from the staff as well.

We hope that you will give us another try soon.

general manager
st. louis@sheraton.com
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Most staff were rude, especially the valet drivers. Room had pen drawings on the wall from a small child. Could see the building pipes through the bathroom light fixture. Parking structure is horribly laid out, especially for the price ($17/ night), and it takes forever to get out of it. The paper delivery people (the ones who put a paper in front of your door) delivered at 3 in the morning by literally dropping each newspaper directly in front of your door, I could hear it happening all the way down the hall. The rooms were really good sized and there is a nice pool.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank visittravelexplore
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2010
First and foremost, I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton St. Louis. It disappoints me that we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your thoughts about the staff and the other shortcomings that you noticed with the operations team to be sure that what you encountered was an isolated occurance. I do apologize and hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these Saint Louis hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I purchased my tickets on hotwire but when I got to the hotel I was told that I could upgrade for $10 more a night. The upgrade was for a bigger room and a view outside. I was informed by the hotel that since we bought the tickets thru hotwire we get an indoor view. The room is not the cleanest. There was toe nail clippings in the floor, hair in the bathroom, and hair in the bed. The pull out bed was so uncomfortable. You could feel the bars and springs. The housekeeping was not friendly. They didn't speak english so they didn't understand you and you couldn't understand them. You also have to pay to make local phone calls ($1.50 per call up to 30 min.). The food in the hotel was very high. $16.00 for cereal plus another $3.00 if you want it brought up to your room. Also, the pool is only open from 5pm-9pm. The hot tub had foam so big that nobody could use it. The hotel said they would fix it but never did. You also have to pay for parking. Self parking is $17 a night. They do have a Fitness Center but you have to be 18 or older to use it. Overall I have stayed in better hotels for the same price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BDMSAllison
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping department to insure that this does not happen agian. We understand that you had high expectations prior to your arrival that we failed to meet. I apologize for the short comings during your stay and hope that you will give us another try soon. I assure you a much more relaxing experience next time.

Rkravitz
general manager
Brownsburg, IN
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Stayed at the hotel with a booking via Hotwire. We could not have been happier with every aspect of the stay. The staff was incredible. They were always very courteous, helpful and pleasant. Often employees would stop to talk to our 4 year old about what we had done that day and what we were planning to do. My wife forgot some grooming items and went to purchase replacements in the gift shop and the hotel employee advised her there be no charge for the items and was very, very nice to her about it. Our room was huge and had a mini fridge/microwave that made the mornings easy and a large open area for our son to play/wind down in the evening. Also our king was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on and I travel a great deal for work.
The location across the street from the Metrolink made getting around the downtown area very easy as well.
The hotel is a restored older building and very neat looking. It was very easy to spot when on the way back from the zoo, Grant's Farm, Six Flags etc.
The large pool on the top story was great on our one day of rainy weather. Even though we booked with Hotwire we'll likely just make sure to book directly with the hotel for our next trip to St. Louis as we'll want to make sure to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
rkravitzgm, General Manager at St. Louis City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2010
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your Sheraton St. Louis experience. It is great to hear that you had a relaxing time while you were here. I will share your thoughts with the whole operations team. We look forward to your return visit.

Rkravitz
Oakland, NJ
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton Center City last weekend. I will try to be objective for the next traveler as my experience will be different based on my needs. I was in town for an appointment at the Federal Building. For me this hotel was perfect since the Federal Building is right next door. In fact, the location of this Sheraton is why I liked it so much. It is across the street from the Metro. Instead of a $40 dollar cab ride from the airport you can jump on the Red line for $3.75.

If you are seeing a Blues game at the Scott Trade Center then this hotel could not be any more convienient- it is across the street as well. Busch Stadium is about five blocks away. In fact, I arrived on a game day and the hotel was full of Cardinal fans in for the weekend.

That being said some may not find the hotel centrally located. Although it's just a few blocks from downtown st. Louis it is in an area that's off the beaten track a little. I didn't want to walk around at night alone. It may be perfectly safe but the streets were deserted around dusk.

The staff was very friendly. I ate at the hotel and the food was good. There was a nice bar-restaurant on the premises. I didn't go to the fitness or pool but I saw many families going to the pool and they seemed to enjoy themselves.

The rooms are a bit dated but clean. I had a one bedroom suite. It was very sizable. I felt comfortable. It was a true suite. The living room was separated from the bedroom by a hallway. I was very satisfied.

The hotel has a late checkout. They are very reasonable in their policy.

My only complaint is with the business center. I don't take my laptop on trips and I rely on the business center. The hotel only has two computers available and asks a hefty charge for use. Printing is extra as well. In fact one computer was down the time I was there.

All in all I certainly would certainly recommend this hotel. I paid $148 per night. I thought it was a little steep for St. Louis but considering the last minute reservation and the great location for me- it was well worth the price. I saw that one reviewer got a price of $50 a night. That was probably the best deal in St. Louis. I would come back again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We were in St. Louis over Memorial Day weekend for a concert at the Scottrade Center. We got this hotel on Priceline for $50 per night and it was the best $100 I have spent on travel in a very long time.

It all started at the front desk with Matt (sorry I don't remember his last name). Matt is an amazing employee! He asked the right questions and treated us very well from the start as well as all the other employees we encountered. We did have to switch rooms because our sink broke but the move was fast and smooth (we even got on free night of parking.)

The hotel is located one block from the Scottrade Center. So this is the perfect place to stay if you have an event there. You will have to pay for parking $17 per night for self parking. There are not a lot of restaurants super close to the hotel but they are not that far of a walk.

Great hotel and looking forward to staying here the next time I am in St. Louis in July.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
I appreciate how you took time out of your busy day to share your thoughts about the hotel. I am glad that you had great encounters with the team members here at the Sheraton St. Louis. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.