Hotel Avyan
US$215
US$159
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$202
US$181
  • Restaurant
The Parkway Hotel(Saint Louis)
US$165
US$162
US$164
US$154
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$121
US$188
US$176
Moonrise Hotel(Saint Louis)
US$219
US$188
Travelocity
All reviewsholiday inn expressroom was cleancable tvnice hotellafayette squarefridge and microwaveconvenient locationpleasant staydowntownlouisinterstatedomeconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This property is conveniently located near the 44 freeway...easy access to everywhere.

The only thing that I want to mention is their shameful posting that they be rated 'EXCELLENT' in the survey that guests receive. Large framed signs by the elevators that basically say anything other than an excellent score is failing. 'Please let us know what we can do to make your stay EXCELLENT.'

just seems strange....so if you want''excellent'' from me: Hire a friendlier breakfast worker---you know,,,one that says ''good morning'', rotates the milk properly, has butter available for the biscuits, etc. Oh, and the front desk clerk in the morning NEVER looked up from what she was reading (or doing) to say ''Have a great day'' to departing guests.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The cleaning people seem to be doing a great job. The service was great. Employees went out of their way to help us. The rooms were large and comfortable. The rooms were very clean. We rented three rooms

However, I think management is missing details. The card reader for the back door was broken with no sign/alert. Another visitor used a rock to hold the door open. A ceiling was leaking on the first floor. We had large holes in the wall (from an old picture?) and the bath drain seemed to be snapped off (???). I thought the bath was dirty, but it was actually clean -- just a couple stains. I didn't like breakfast (no meat), and the apple juice spout delivered water. I only provide the complaints as a directon for improvement. The hotel doesn't need much for me to change to a 5 star.

The details mentioned here are only minor, and would not affect my decision to stay here again. The hotel worked out great for our group. I liked the clean and roomy rooms.

Room Tip: Consider breakfast elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here one night, after flying all day from Great Britain. Having lived in England, we know about bad customer service. But after we checked out after our one-night stay, the staff went ahead and checked my parents out, too (although they had a confirmed booking). And when I thought I had left something quite valuable behind in my room (my engagement ring) I called and left voice mail messages FOR THREE DAYS and never received a response from the manager about whether it had been found. The desk staff were not able to tell me whether the ring had been located, and were not capable of ringing me through to the manager's voice mail. One desk clerk did not know the manager's extension number, and told me she was not able to give me the manager's email address. I would never recommend that anyone stay here. I like to support businesses trying to make it in a scrappy neighborhood, but this one is not trying at all. It's a terrible hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else entirely!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Avyan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear Strovis,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry for the unacceptable service you received. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.
Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

Pretty average for a Holiday Inn. Rooms were clean. But the first room we stayed in had a broken hair dryer and then we discovered after a day that the door was not locking. Moved us into a second room with a very noisy air conditioner that rattled. Was happy to leave after 2 nights. I've stayed here before and had a better experience.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The staff was very helpful and the room was very quiet. This hotel is near Lafayette Square and near the interstate. It was very convenient to everything.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family