“Convenient location, great rooms, excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Near Union Station

Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Near Union Station
Ranked #25 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Columbia MO
“Convenient location, great rooms, excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at the Pear Tree the night before the Rock and Roll marathon. It was conveniently located and in fact we rode our bicycles to Forest Park and to America's Center to get our race packets. It was a short walk to the race start/finish. The rooms were spacious and well decorated, containing refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in the rooms. It was also quiet despite a world series game that night. I would definitely stay there again when in St Louis.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Carson City, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

The Pear Tree Inn at Union Station is tops! I wish to thank Kristin at Pear Tree Inn Union Station for listening to my concern and wasting no time in addressing my issue for an error I made in my reservation. Thank You!

As for the room.. well.. it was beautiful for the price.. comfortable, and I felt at home. I had no problems with the bed, bathroom, or any other feature.

The happy hour was Happy! with plenty of snacks to go with the beer. The also were serving wine.. but, I prefer beer.

As for the location.. it is in a position which has easy access to Pappy's, The Arch, and Anheuser-Busch Brewery.. plus the I70. The only navigational issue was with the street construction close to the Arch. But, the hotel is centrally located.

What I also enjoyed was the free covered parking. No problems there!

Thank you again Pear Tree Inn-Union Station! I would stay with you anytime I am in St Louis! And, I highly recommend your Hotel!

1 Thank CZeyha
FORT SMITH, AR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Great in every way except for the bathroom. Towels are ridiculous. Have never seen anything so small and thin. One skimpy bar of soap for your hands - not replaced the second day and the bath gel and conditioner smelled old and moldy. We used the shampoo for everything. No lotion. One more picky thing - the bathroom door handles were crusted with dirt,
hairspray or something - ugh. NEVER SKIMP IN THE BATHROOM. That is unforgivable.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We often stay here when we're in town for Cardinals games. It was one-third of the price than other hotels downtown and includes free covered parking, good free breakfast, and free happy hour drinks (beer, wine, soda) and snacks in the evening. The rooms (at least some of them) have been recently remodeled. Bed and pillows were comfortable. It's not in the heart of downtown, but if you don't mind walking, it's a great bang for your buck. It's located about a mile from Busch Stadium and is 2 blocks from Union Station. There's a shuttle that runs to busch stadium starting an hour before baseball games start.

Waverly, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Pear Tree near Union Station on a recent visit to see my daughter. I chose it because it was centrally located ... easy to get downtown but equally easy to hop on US 40. Price was good. Little did I know when I booked this trip that the Cardinals would be in the play-offs and the Blues hockey team had a game in town. The hotel was packed but staff rose to the challenge. They were exceptionally friendly and helpful. A shout out to Nicole who manned the front desk with grace and sweetest despite the crush of guests. The hotel itself was a good value with nice rooms, free secure parking and a free morning breakfast. It was very very clean. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
New Lenox, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great hotel. Excellent prices w complimentary pop, popcorn, and breakfast. Free parking and nice pool to top it off. My family stayed here 2 nights and the staff was very friendly. My parents had an issue w their ac in their room which Darren promptly fixed. He had a great attitude and upbeat personality. Jason one of the managers was also great. These two gentlemen made our stay even better by their excellent customer service. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2013
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I am a frequent guest of Drury Inns but this was our first time at a Pear Tree. I expected it to be lower end than the other Drury's that we've stayed in but it was just as nice as the higher end properties. Check in was quick and accurate. They also have the Fast Break found at other Drury's-3 free drinks and snacks; for some reason I thought the Pear Tree's didn't offer this so that was nice, although we weren't at the hotel at the right time to enjoy it. We also weren't there for breakfasts but the set-up looked nice with ample seating. The free coffee and pop anytime is also such a great bonus. This hotel also has a pool and a hot tub-not real large but looked nice. The room was nice-fairly roomy. We had two queen beds, a desk, easy chair, and a fridge which is par for the course from Drury. The bathroom was also very clean, a little small but not bad. The only downside would be the towels-very small and thin. They reminded me of the cheapo towels usually found at hotel pools. Parking is free. There is an enclosed bottom lot and extra parking on top that is less secure and not covered but wasn't a problem-there was a security guard making rounds in the evening. All the staff we encountered was excellent and friendly. The hotel is less than five minutes from SLU which was our main destination during our visit. We also went to a Cardinal game while we were there and walked back to the hotel after the game-took about 20 minutes and our group felt perfectly safe walking back. In my opinion you can't go wrong with any of the downtown Drury properties-for this visit the price was right and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family