“Very good hotel”

Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Near Union Station
Ranked #23 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

This is my third or fourth stay at this hotel. It really is nice and a good deal - nice staff, parking, breakfast all good. Rooms were on the small side but bathroom fixtures up to date and stylish. Hard to check in because there's not much room to unload and it was very busy, but it worked out. Would stay there again

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed at the Pear Tree for the weekend to catch a Blues hockey game and visit the area malls. Right away I was happy with the location of this hotel. Extremely easy access from the interstate both on and off. The free deck parking was awesome. We were within walking distance to the Scottrade Center which was nice, even though the weather wasn't. Still was a brief 15 minute walk. The free drinks and snacks at night was a very nice surprise. The breakfast was nice and hot in the morning as well. The rooms were nice and clean with comfy beds and pillows. My only complaint though are the towels. They are very very small, thin, and rough. We were located on the 2nd floor right above the attached restaurant, so at night we could hear the faint bass/music. So I would suggest a room higher up that that. We had problems with the room next to us opening and closing (slamming) their doors the whole time we stayed. But that's not the hotels fault. Overall it's a great value and we will stay again for the next BLUES HOCKEY game we attend!

Room Tip: Try to go higher than 3rd floor. If you do end up on the 3rd floor, try to be away from the elevato...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip B
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I cant say enough about the entire staff at this hotel, all the way from the GM (Nelson) asst GM (Jason) to the (entire front staff) to the Housekeeping staff and the breakfast staff! You all do such a great job on making everyone feel welcome to your hotel and the city of St Louis! I also want to say thank you to the security staff for watching out for my truck, as I had to let it run all night in this cold weather that were all having. They had such concern that my truck would be safe all night! I sooooo appreciated that!
To all that have never been here before I Highly recommend this hotel for its, staff, cleanliness, comfort, location, and price compared to all other hotels in town! I just hope I can get in next time Im in town after writing this review!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My daughter and I just stayed the night at this hotel over the weekend. We had Drury points to cash in and got a free night. I would have paid full price for this place, we were very happy! It is a coin toss away from union station. It also has free parking in a garage, which is nearly impossible to find in St. Louis. The gentleman who checked us in, Reggie was great and really helpful to us. The room was very clean and comfortable. We liked that the shampoo and whatnot were in dispensers in the shower. My daughter was happy with the free soda and popcorn offered. The indoor pool/spa was kept up well. There is also a fantastic restaurant on site that we enjoyed dinner in. Breakfast was pretty good in the morning, I would work on the gravy for the biscuits though. Kathy was in the dining area that morning and was doing her best to keep up with the crowd. I told my husband that we will definitely be staying here again. Thanks for making my girls night away with my 5 year old a memorable one!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I liked this hotel. It was located near the highways, so on & off was a breeze. You could see the Arch from the hotel, and walk if you wanted. Public buses & cabs were available but we drove. Clean, comfy rooms, full breakfast. Pool, popcorn & soda for the kids! Under cover parking here, grab a spot if you can. The hotel was beyond packed, we were lucky to get the last room available as there was a reunion going on. There was one incident when the fire alarm went off and the hotel was evacuated. It was hot in the lobby, wow!

Room Tip: I will hunt for another hotel next time, closer to the downtown area!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WANDERLUSTinMe
Reviewed 6 December 2013

PROS: centrally located, east on/off highways, not too busy in immediate area, happy hour every night with free drinks and snacks (not just weeknights), large eating area, extensive breakfast with different hot choices during our stay, popcorn and sodas in lobby at night, indoor pool was clean and warm, good sportsbar restaraunt attached to property, nice sized rooms wth fridge and microwaves

CONS: somewhat removed from downtown - a bit of a walk, not much else immediately around the hotel, parking in gated garage out back looked a bit sketchy due to urban location-but never saw any problems-just looked a bit scary, slow elevators

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The staff were all friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean well equipped and spacious...the bed was comfy the bathroom was large . The free happy hour in the evening was a delightful surprise and we met the nicest couple to sit with . Easy access to get to the Arch and downtown .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple