Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Near Union Station
US$191
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$192
US$168
US$152
  • Breakfast included
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$160
US$150
US$137
US$127
All reviewsunion stationpretzelshappy hourpotato chipsfree wine and beersecure parkingfree snacksclose to downtownnice hoteldrury innsausage pattiescity museumindoor poolevening snacksscottrade centeryogurthot tub
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here as part of the Go! St Louis marathon and it met my two main needs: A clean place to sleep & walking distance to the starting line (3/4 mile).

I suppose the price was so high ($120 even with the race participant discount) because they knew they'd be full up with runners, because otherwise I'd call this a $75 a night hotel. I mean shampoo dispensers on the shower wall? Really? I bring my own anyway, but that is just a sign of cheap like the thin, undersized towels and not putting bags in the trashcans (that's cheap, not "green" as the placard maintained).

There was anything specifically wrong with the hotel itself, but it's age showed in a number of areas and the room was a little smaller than I expected for a deluxe king.

The Pros: Clean, comfortable bed, good breakfast (which they opened early for the crowd of racers that had to be at a 6:30am starting line), nice furniture.

The Cons: Small room, and smaller bathroom with a toilet that wouldn't flush completely(had to dump water from the ice bucket to get enough water for a real flush), 1970's era heating/AC system (though it worked well), cheap ambience.

The so-so: Coupon card for free drinks from the hotel bar, nice if you want get liquored up, but I'd rather have paid less for the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank DavidMc314
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great location. Queen suite was spacious, comfortable and clean. The happy hour snacks and drinks were generous and good. The breakfast buffet had your standard options but was good. Downsides were no mini fridge in room (made it difficult to store medicine that needed to be refrigerated) and a cold pool.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PMcD68
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We rode the train to St. Louis from KC for a mini vacation. We walked from the train station, which was not that far - especially since the weather was nice. The hotel staff went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. There was a mishap in the pool and the manager arranged a ride for us to a nearby Drury to use their pool. Breakfast was great - evening cocktails were great - room was great! They were great at calling us a taxi which was always there in less than 5 min. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My experience during the registration could not have been any more pleasant and efficient. This hotel is located on the fringe of the downtown area. It's a 5-7 minute walk to the Union Station MetroLink stop (light rail) located at 18th and Clark St. The trade off with the fringe location is free parking in a two level garage located at the rear of the property. I stayed in a queen-queen and found the room to be fine for two adults. It would be tight for four adults. It's a popular hotel for families. So, if you don't want a lot of kids underfoot this may not be your best choice. The east end of the hallway offers a nice view of downtown and the Gateway Arch. The elevators are quite fast. There is a local sports bar (Sybergs) located on the premises. The free breakfast is acceptable. This is part of the Drury chain and, for the life of me, I can't figure out what the difference between a Drury and A Pear Tree would be.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JRTheChief
Reviewed 22 March 2014

After three nights in St. Louis for a conference downtown (located at a different hotel), I found the Pear Tree to be affordable, clean, and convenient. The price was half of where the conference was located. The rooms were sufficient and very clean. The WiFi worked flawlessly inside the room and in the lobby. My morning destination was a mere 2 train stops away from nearby Union Station that the friendly staff easily direct me to. An outstanding warm breakfast greeted me after the elevators doors at the lobby. I'd stay here again next time I am in St. Louis.

Room Tip: The even side faces the FBI :) Seriously
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business