“pretty nice place”

Ranked #74 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Brumley,Mo
“pretty nice place”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a trip to University Hospital for treatment. Clean and quite and the staff was great ! Only con Is I wish these places would put recliners in these rooms the chairs were very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: all rooms have been remodeled
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
i0135, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Dreamers2Trucking,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof.

Red Roof Inn - St Louis - Forest Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel for four days while looking for student housing at Washington University. Despite the low price, the accommodations were excellent. The rooms were very clean and had been recently renovated. The front desk clerk Jessica was one of the nicest representatives of a hotel chain I have encountered. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
i0135, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Lilly C,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

missouri
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night so we would be close for an early morning hospital appointment. Location was a short easy drive to hospital. Staff was friendly and helpful. Check in was easy and price was good. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Bathroom was very small but not a problem for one night. No breakfast, but coffee and tea available in the room and lobby.
The flooring in the room was some type of laminate flooring rather than all carpet. Since this type of floor can be cleaned better than carpeting I liked it, but I did notice the floor was very slick when wet.
I was afraid that the location would be noisy but it was very quiet. Once settled in our room we didn't hear any outside notice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jfersmom,

Minneapolis
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great employees, beautiful renovated rooms, but unsafe-feeling location and poor maintenance. Outside corridors for entry to room. In this area, it would be better to stay at a hotel with inside corridors. No breakfast. Ice was available in the lobby. Very close to Forest Park and not far from downtown.

Room Tip: third floor might be safest
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Roadtrippin392,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Pros: great customer service, newly renovated, free parking, decent location
Cons: dirty rooms, maintenance issues, bugs, didn't feel all that safe

We were passing through St Louis and this was the only hotel in a semi-safe area that wasn't outrageously overpriced because of a Cardinals game and a big conference in town, so we booked it. It was pretty ridiculously priced for a Red Roof at $135 for two full beds, but we didn't have much of a choice.

Both the clerks I spoke with were very nice, and the evening clerk was even conversational, making me feel much more at ease with our choice. She gave us the choice of 2nd or 3rd floor, so we took 3rd so no one would be above us. I did like that it had outside entries and we could park our car directly below our room. We chose to use the stairs, but there was an elevator in the center of the building.

The room was not good. The bed was okay, but the bathroom was awful. At one point, I smashed a tick with a shampoo bottle. We also had a bunch of ants under the desk in the room. The toilet had a brown smear down one side and there was another brown smear in the bottom of the shower (there were not permanent). It was really gross.

The next morning I complained to the clerk at check-out and showed her photos of the room and brought her the smashed tick-bug. She offered to take 1/2 off the cost of the room, which was very nice, but still made it an expensive Red Roof Inn.

The service was nice, and the hotel has potential, but it is definitely not there yet.

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet. If you find cleanliness issues, bring it up immediately.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear MissDevColo,

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

Travellers are raving about these Saint Louis hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My fiance and i took a two week trip throughout the midwest to visit friends and family. We stayed at many hotels along the way and were very impressed with our experience at Red Roof Inn. We had read other reviews and most were not favorable so we were hesitant to book a room at this hotel. However, we arrived a couple hours before check in time and they had a room available and let us check in anyway. Barb and Chevon were very friendly. They recommended a fabulous Italian restaurant named Zia's that was close by...I would recommend having a meal there if you are in the area...it is very reasonably priced, large portions, and delicious. Our room was spacious with a king bed, desk, micro/fridge, and clean bathroom area. It was a convenient location off the freeway as well. We felt safe in the well lit parking lot. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. It seems that the hotel has done some updating and made major improvements since most of these reviews were written. Give them a chance!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim R
Dear Kim R,

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This was booked on our behalf as part of a Road Trip, quite close to the main highway and relatively easy to find. Its just a motel so don't expect any frills, we were allocated a twin room which was spacious and clean but the bathroom is tiny, there is no way two people could ever fit in there if they wanted to.

There isn't much on the doorstep other than fast food restaurants but a walk of about a mile will take you to 'The Hill' which is packed with Italian restaurants, its a nice safe area and was recommended highly by a member of reception staff.

Coffee and hot drinks available in reception which is a nice touch, had no problems with the WiFi which is free and pretty quick.

Room had a safe which is a good option for travellers.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple