“Fine for a quick night's stay”

Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue
Ranked #73 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Lexington, Kentucky
“Fine for a quick night's stay”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This hotel works well if you're passing through St. Louis and need a bed for the night. I would not want to spend a great deal of time here, though. The rooms are small -- we had the "deluxe" king room, which simply meant a king bed crammed into a very small room. There were several bugs flying around the room when we checked in, so we spent the first part of getting settled in squashing the bugs. The air conditioner was a necessity but made sporadic loud noises, which made sleep difficult.

The rooms have been renovated -- the hotel is much nicer on the inside than it is on the outside. Housekeeping was friendly and accommodating. WiFi worked well.

Personally, I wouldn't stay here again. The rooms were fine, but the area and some of the hotel's clientele seemed questionable, and for the rate we paid, I think we could have done better elsewhere. But, if you're passing through and need a bed, this hotel will work.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have exterior entrances, so ask for a 2nd or 3rd level floor for safety.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Washington, Missouri
Reviewed 3 October 2013

So spent the weekend here and must say the renovation has given me a somewhat mixed review. Stayed here many years ago when it was dumpier. The bedding is definitely an improvement. Along with the furniture and TV. Still has the same old noisey air conditioner. The towels are tiny and rough. Front desk helpful but can't get coffee before 6am (no food). Where's the in room coffee makers?? Fortunately 24 hr Hardees across the street. Pet friendly was nice but not the smoking rule. Walking outside at 4am to smoke is a real pain in the butt-but wasn't assaulted at least.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel has been newly renovated and Is done to a very good standard, the guy at check in was really happy and friendly which is refreshing when checking in late at night. The room itself although compact was of ample size and was very clean, I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend highly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Its in a great spot, easy freeway access. I stayed 2 nights in early July 2103. This hotel is one of the newly remodeled ones. It has the wood laminate floors, which I think is great. Carpet has so much potential for allergies and as it gets older carpet gets grosser so the wood laminate is great. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. If I was in the area I would definately stay again. The only downside here was the door didnt seem to fit in the frame right. It was a little hard to open and close the door.

• Stayed July 2013
i0135, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Rhi C,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We will make sure all doors are checked to ensure they are easy to open and close.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The room was ok. The equipment functioned. The floor was not carpeted. However there were fleas in the room, call congregating on the bed. They were very hungry fleas! The check in process was interesting, the office had a rather scantily clad and tattooed female who was looking for a motel room for the night (at other places.) There was security provided in the parking lot, at least a uniformed person walking a beat. Don't know if they actually deterred much.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear kcrottiedog,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the St Louis - Forest Park Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. We are ensuring that all Pet rooms are deep cleaned consistently after it has been used.

Travellers are raving about these Saint Louis hotels

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Let me begin by saying that I would stay here again. I stayed in a room with a king-size bed and it included all of the typical amenities (fridge, microwave, flat screen, hair dryer, iron, etc.). The location sits on the outskirts of downtown and is close to small local shops/eateries and large chains such as Target and Home Depot. The staff was exceptional and I felt very comfortable within my room.

Cons - I am a lone female traveler and there was gathering of smokers across the lot. At first, they made me uncomfortable but they scattered with nightfall. Room wouldn't get quite as cold as I wish but I like it very cold especially given the 90 degree outside temperature! Also, there was a small bathroom leak but it was not a bother to me as I was only staying one night.

Great stay for the price. Once again, I'd stay there again! Third floor's the best :)

Room Tip: I don't believe there is a fitness center or pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Feral_Diggy,

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are working on building a nice, designated space for our "smokers" that would decrease any level of uncomfortability with our guests.

Brumley,Mo
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a trip to University Hospital for treatment. Clean and quite and the staff was great ! Only con Is I wish these places would put recliners in these rooms the chairs were very uncomfortable.

Room Tip: all rooms have been remodeled
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family