Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue
Ranked #70 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stopped here because I was traveling with dogs. The room was clean, service was good, and I slept fairly well. As with most of these properties, there was not a lot of places to walk the dogs. A good place for a quick one-night stay.

Room Tip: The handicapper rooms are nice when traveling with dogs - a little more room, less carpet, and big b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
i0135, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do take pride in our staff and the excellent level of service they endeavor to provide. We hope to see you again when you are next in the area.

General Manger

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Pretty good price for rooms, with the standard free WiFi, t.v., etc. No breakfast, but nearby some restaurants like Hardees. Pretty much your standard hotel experience, but for a decent price. Unfortunately catching a cab into town is about $20, but it's likely to cost more for a hotel nearer top three city center.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

We are very grateful for the time you took to review our hotel. We have Superior King Rooms that do include the microwave, mini-fridge and in room coffee and we will soon offer Premium Rooms with a breakfast option in the very near future. We would be happy to book you into one of those rooms the next time you come to St. Louis Forest Park/Hampton Ave.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

i wanted to stay one night so that we could really take our time at the zoo instead of cramming it in all in one day. so i seen a cheap deal on this place and booked a room. i didn't expect to much but i was surprised my room was clean staff was nice. very happy with the stay. the only thing i did not like was trying to find it for some reason the gps could not locate it and driving around looking for it took for ever. but i would stay again!

Room Tip: you may want a room on the 1st floor to avoid all the stairs and long walk to the rooms. i dont reme...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review.

We have a truly great location in the center of the city and south of the Zoo. The Red Roof Inn offers a good value for those traveling on a budget and our 24 hour staff is happy to make recommendations for the many restaurants and shopping centers in the area. We also offer free Wifi for travelers who want to stay connected with work, family, or friends. Thank you for all of your encouraging words!

I look forward to your return when you travel to St. Louis.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Do not expect a lot from this hotel. First I received a room on the third floor not bad except the elevator was out of service and the steps to go up were iced up and steam from the laundry was rolling up the stairway. Went to make coffee and there was no basket for the filter, called the front desk she had one. I had to go down to get it, there was only one person down in the office so she had no one to send it up with. Went out for a while when I returned my key wouldn't work, I had to go downstairs again and found out the clerk only validated my key for one day, even though I'm staying for two days. This just seems to be a place that does not care about the customers. Now on a positive note the newly remodeled rooms were nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear valued guest,

On behalf of the Red Roof Inn Forest Park/Hampton Ave management and staff, we would like to personally apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

It is our top priority to ensure we provide our guest’s with amenities in room and prior to arrival. I have reviewed your feedback with our housekeeping department for both training and to prevent this from occurring again. It is feedback such as what you provided that allows us to improve the services and amenities we offer.

Upon future travels to the St. Louis area, we would love the opportunity to have you return as guest, and to show you the improvements we have made.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is a no frills property without amenities such as a pool or breakfast, but the rooms had been completely refurbished and the contemporary styling (wood floor, furniture, paint) was well done. The beds were very good and comfortable; not 5-star quality but much better than you'd expect from a moderately-priced hotel chain.

Service was very good; Front Desk staff were all very friendly (particularly the lady at check-in and another lady at checkout). The FD clerk called my room about 10 minutes or so after I'd checked in to confirm that the room was satisfactory. Had an issue with my key card not working the 2nd night, but the Front Desk apologized and fixed immediately.

This is not an ideal family hotel, but perfect for a business or personal trip such as mine. If you're traveling through or to STL and just want a good night sleep on a good bed and don't want to pay a lot, this is an ideal choice.

Room Tip: The hotel faces east & west; I-44 is on the north end. My room was on the south end, which I wou...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
i0135, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Plus St Louis-Forest Park/Hampton Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

I sincerely appreciate you taking your valuable time to tell us and others about your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us. The Red Roof Inn St. Louis Forest Park offers a great value and the entire staff is here to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay and to assist in any way we can.

Thank you and I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when you travel to the city. I am confident your stay will be just as enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I would normally not stay in a Red Roof Inn but because it was listed as newly remodeled and there were not many options in this area with an opening I gave it a try. Since it was recently remodeled the accomodations were better than I would expect in a Red Roof Inn, clean, comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DJMusk

We appreciate your business at the Red Roof Inn, St. Louis Forest Park. Thank you for your review and we shall see you again on your travels through our great state. If there is anything I can do to accommodate your needs, I am only a phone call or request away. See you soon! Travel Safe!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This place is not listed as a luxury hotel, and isn't in the same league, so don't expect much and you will be pleasantly surprised! I was in need of a motel close to Barns Jewish Hospital for seven to ten days. The hospital website offered several hotels thus I began to call and check for a "hospital rate". WOW! Red Roof Inn was the only one that offered $30 off their rate. Most of the hotels in the area had a higher "hospital rate" than an internet price! Shame on you! The motel itself was clean and so was the area it was located in. Service as good, no breakfast, but a quick cup of coffee was ready. Showers were hot, flat screen TV had nice channel selection and beds were soft (could have added more pillows).

Room Tip: Stay at rooms closer to the front desk to avoid interstate noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and positive review for us! It is very helpful to other travelers to give specifics about what is available around our Red Roof Inn. Our goal is to create a friendly atmosphere and provide affordable, clean rooms to frugal travelers and people staying a while in St. Louis. We look forward to your arrival in the near future

Best Regards,