“Bogart's is #1”

Ranked #3 of 2,881 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Soulard
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“Bogart's is #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I went here with 3 others on the last day of a conference I was attending in Saint Louis. It was after 6 on Friday so I was a bit worried they would be out of everything or there would be slim pickings. We lucked out and the only item they were out of was burnt ends, sad yes but not the end of the world. 2 of my coworkers shared a rib and pulled pork platter. They are both not big meat eaters and loved it. They also said they really enjoyed the baked beans. Another person from the conference does not eat pork so she went with the pastrami sandwich and loved it. As a side she ordered the chips which she said were very good. I ordered a full rack of ribs along with the tri-tip the young lady at the counter recommend since they were out of burnt ends . These ribs were amazing, no sauce needed. They were perfectly tender bit with a good meaty chew. Half way through I could have cried they were so good. I went to Pappy's earlier in the week which was very good but not this good. The tri-tip was good but could not make up for burnt ends, I wish I had got brisket. The applesauce was really good, it was more of a chunky blend than what you think of coming out of a jar. My other side was pork skins which were also good, funny I was the only one in my group familiar with them. Finally I have to say the service was prompt and extremely friendly. We sat outside and I swear everyone came and checked on us several times. They even came put to let us know they were going to shut down the drink machines and we should grab refills before they do. I had to buy a shirt and hat to take more than the 5 pounds I happily gained with me. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Shawn S

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fantastic brisket and pulled pork!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Friendly service, a nice corner location with outdoor seating, prompt and DELICIOUS food! Did I mention delicious? Wow, some of the best smoked brisket and pulled pork I've had! Right on par, if not better, than Pappy's. Good serving size. Baked beans are fantastic, lots of flavor, nice and thick. They will suggest you buy the homemade chips and dip them in the beans - believe them and try it! Delicious with the pulled pork sandwich! Great execution for some wonderful barbecue!

• Visited May 2014
“Great Brisket, lost me with the sides...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The brisket and fire & ice pickles were phenomenal, but the burnt ends sandwich was so fatty, there was nothing burnt about it. The potato salad was ehhh, and the cole slaw tasted just like KFC. The beans were also really good - I would go back but with a different order.
The pork rinds and potato chips are out of a bag - would be so much better if made fresh.
Very friendly staff, very busy but they never made us feel rushed.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“My pick over Pappys”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

There are two dominant names when it comes to St. Louis BBQ, pappys and bogarts. These two restaurants also have the same ownership, at least that what I have been told.... This location has a very festive type atmosphere being located right next to the Soulard market. The people are vey friendly and you most likely find a line near lunch time. They will sell out so get there quick to enjoy some amazing food....while it's there!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Curtis S
“Amazing! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

During our family vacation, we stopped here for an early dinner. Everything was awesome, especially the ribs and applesauce! The staff was super friendly and fast! Can't wait to go back!