“Not That Great”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Soulard
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Sorry. It was OK, but didn’t live up to the hype. If you happen to be in that neighborhood, it’s an OK place for lunch, but don’t go out of your way... And certainly don’t stand in line for it. I know BBQ... Trust me. Overpriced too.

1  Thank Jack H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and i stopped here after the soulard market because we tried Pappys and wanted to see which one we liked better. Bogart s wins for location because it is right near the historic market and soulard park so its a one stop shopping. However pappys is bigger and more room for people to sit. On scent its a tie because as soon as you walk into both you are hit with a rich smoke of bbq. As far as sides are concerned pappys has a bigger selection with choices of fried corn, sweet potato fries, green beans or baked beans. But Bogarts baked beans are the best i have ever had so thats a tough call. My husband and i sampled the burnt end sandwich at both. I thought Bogart s had a sweeter flavor while pappys was smokier. Both amazing. Bogarts also has a more diverse selection of sauces including a pineapple bbque. The final vote in my household is split because i liked Bogarts and my husband votes for papoys. Bottom line both places are amazing for barbecue.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My husband is a BBQ fanatic, so everywhere we go we have to try some. We shared a large brisket sandwich with two sides and it was the perfect size for lunch. The local bag of chips and baked beans were delicious. The brisket was juicy and tender. We both used the sweet sauce. There are four to choose from, this just happened to be both our favorites.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived at 6:30 Friday night and walked right in. However, the place was packed with every table occupied. But, turns out, that's normal. The cashier handed us cups to get our drinks and told us to wait a few minutes and a table would clear. We were reluctant because the wasn't really a place to wait. But sure enough, within about 5 minutes a table cleared and she looked right at us and told us to order now. I don't know how they keep up with everyone. Anyway, I had pulled pork, deviled egg potato salad, and baked beans. There wasn't a single bite left on my plate! Hubby ordered burnt ends and brisket sandwich and he cleaned his plate too! I've had BBQ all over Texas and Oklahoma and believe this might've been the best ever. BBQ sauce? Yep, 4 different bottles for us to try. So good. So good.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This place's food is amazing! We tried pulled pork, brisket, ribs and turkey with sides of coleslaw, baked beans, potato chips and fried pork skins. Ribs were to absolutely die for! If I had to choose one thing to get, I'd definitely get the ribs: They were the best I've ever had. The baked beans were delish as well. Wanted to try the burnt ends, but they were sold out already (by 1:30p). My fav sauce was the vinegar - based one! I'd highly recommend Bogart's to anyone going through St. Louis!