“Do not miss eating here”

Bogart's Smokehouse
Ranked #4 of 2,948 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Soulard
Reviewed 10 August 2014

If you like bbq you for sure want to eat here. Their ribs are the best I have ever tasted. The service is great and very fast. You might have to wait a little bit but line moves very quickly.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I judge BBQ by the baked beans and Bogart's were a winner. Delicious. And the amount of turkey on my sandwich was unbelievable. Very generous portions. We will definitely come back. Well worth the trip.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Sorry. It was OK, but didn’t live up to the hype. If you happen to be in that neighborhood, it’s an OK place for lunch, but don’t go out of your way... And certainly don’t stand in line for it. I know BBQ... Trust me. Overpriced too.

1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and i stopped here after the soulard market because we tried Pappys and wanted to see which one we liked better. Bogart s wins for location because it is right near the historic market and soulard park so its a one stop shopping. However pappys is bigger and more room for people to sit. On scent its a tie because as soon as you walk into both you are hit with a rich smoke of bbq. As far as sides are concerned pappys has a bigger selection with choices of fried corn, sweet potato fries, green beans or baked beans. But Bogarts baked beans are the best i have ever had so thats a tough call. My husband and i sampled the burnt end sandwich at both. I thought Bogart s had a sweeter flavor while pappys was smokier. Both amazing. Bogarts also has a more diverse selection of sauces including a pineapple bbque. The final vote in my household is split because i liked Bogarts and my husband votes for papoys. Bottom line both places are amazing for barbecue.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My husband is a BBQ fanatic, so everywhere we go we have to try some. We shared a large brisket sandwich with two sides and it was the perfect size for lunch. The local bag of chips and baked beans were delicious. The brisket was juicy and tender. We both used the sweet sauce. There are four to choose from, this just happened to be both our favorites.