Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel is centrally located to anything you want to see downtown. Staff was good and valet parking was awesome. Beds were very comfortable, rooms were a good size , walk in showers. Would highly recommend>

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jobo750

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Korean first
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great hotel. Close to everything in walking distance. Arch, ball park, football stadium, restaurants! It Has everything you could imagine. Great restaurant with reasonable prices attached. Great doormen! Nice fitness facility. I will definitely stay again if I have to go back to St. Louis.

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I loved my stay here but the valet parking was horrible. Took over 25 minutes to get my car after having to speak to the manager. I was told to call down the day before when I need my car, and did so the next morning. I was told that there was no wait and at max should take 5 minutes to pull my car around. Once I get down to get my car, there is a line of about 10 people waiting to get their car and only two valet guys grabbing cars. Finally after 20 mins I got tired of waiting and had to speak to the manager out front. Very poorly managed and uniformed staff turned by visit from great to ehhh. Be sure to check with staff before grabbing your car!

Room Tip: Corner Suite was great!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Real Nice hotel - good staff - clean rooms - quite rooms - good breakfast - food is good a fresh - within walking distance to various sports facilities, convention center and local land marks. Real good restaurant connected to the hotel both lunch and dinner menu is outstanding. Food is fresh and good with a wide verity of wines to choose from

1 Thank Trent M
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 days with someone and it was an enjoyable stay.

Parking is hard, so I just valeted all three days. The doormen were friendly. I read some other reviews saying it took a while to get cars, but I never experienced that.

The check in was fine. When we first walked up there was one guy one the phone with a guest and it took a few minutes for someone else to show up. The girl who checked us in was polite, not over excited to see us, but she did mention the Hilton honors club, so that was a plus. We noticed right away that this hotel is connected to Robust, one of our favorite wine bars in STL. That was a big plus.

We were on the 2nd floor (240) and the room was huge. Big living room, a kitchenette, huge bedroom with 20 foot high ceilings and windows that large as well. The only complaint about the room was how uninspired the bathroom was. Very small, very basic. Counter space was okay. I will say their hairdryers are amazing. I also liked their shampoo, lotion, and conditioner. The beds were only alright to me. My boy thought they were pretty good. Pretty soft. Nice thick comforter on them. I did pull out the sofa sleeper one day to watch Jeopardy in the living room while he did some work in the bedroom, and I will say, it is a comfortable sofa sleeper. That is hard to find. All of the furnishings were very nice.

Breakfast was not good the one day we had it there. All of the hot foods were not hot, the seating is very cramped, the eggs were runny, the bacon tasted like cold, salty, rubber. I really just did not enjoy it. We never tried the happy hour, so not sure if that is better.

There are a lot of outlets in the room, so that was convenient. Housekeeping was good, came everyday and the room was very clean.

I would actually recommend this hotel for families, business travelers, or people just going out to have fun. For families you have a big room that is close to tourist things like the arch, city museum, and even a movie theater. For business travelers you are close to things like the peabody building, Americas Center for conferences, there is a nice wine bar downstairs, and fine restaurants right in the area. For people going out for fun, you are right on Washington avenue, a St. Louis hot spot.

Check out was really good. Our front desk lady was SO friendly. Printed a receipt for us and off we went.

In summary:

Pro's: Big room, good service, great location, great hairdryer and shampoos, connected to Robust.

Con's: Mediocre bathroom, bad breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 598Storm598
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is close to the convention center and the restaurant that adjoins the hotel is very good. the free breakfasts are great and the afternoon drinks in the bar are free and a very nice person at the bar. If I am back in St. Louis I will stay there again, I was very impressed with the size of the room and the excellent water pressure was a bonus.

Room Tip: Do not valet park the garage is close by and the costs are very reasonable
Houston, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Rooms are good, location is convenient to the sports venues in town, but the service is poor. The front desk and valet are especially slow and unaccomodating. The breakfast is good and there is a daily manager's reception with drinks and snacks. The pool and fitness center looked nice, but I did not get a chance to try either of them out on my trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business