Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
GreenLeadersGold level
Carthage, United States
“St. Louis”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our family had an overall good experience except for the check in / check out. When we were checking in, I had requested our room be ready by 1:00 pm and was assured it would be. When we arrived, my wife had to wait in the lobby for an hour and a half before the room was ready. We have three children who were offered nothing to do. No offers or interaction was offered by the woman at the front desk. My wife finally stood up to ask if the room was ready and the woman at the desk said it had been, implying it had been ready for awhile. Our valet parking staff were extremely helpful and courteous along with our bellman. Very informative and polite, they helped my wife during this time and offered to help with things which weren't normally in their area of expertise. Very kind and was very satisfied with them. When leaving the hotel, I had called ahead to have a bellman help us down. We were assured we would have one at the requested time. After waiting 45 minutes past that time, we still had not seen the bellman. The person at the front desk did not offer nor apologize for the delay. I spoke with the valet about getting the car, he told me there was no delay, opposite of what the lady at the front desk told us. When the bellman found out we were loading our luggage, he dropped everything he was doing to help assist my wife and myself. It was a good stay, but very dissatisfied with the attitude or helpfulness of the front desk. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

1 Thank Cole E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

High ceiling in the rooms where awesome. It made the room se huge. Very nice and clean rooms. Free breakfast is really good and there is penalty of work space in the room and common areas. The gym was well equipped for this type of hotel. You will not be disappointed. Bed is comfy and room was very clean. I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richandmark
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel is centrally located to anything you want to see downtown. Staff was good and valet parking was awesome. Beds were very comfortable, rooms were a good size , walk in showers. Would highly recommend>

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jobo750
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great hotel. Close to everything in walking distance. Arch, ball park, football stadium, restaurants! It Has everything you could imagine. Great restaurant with reasonable prices attached. Great doormen! Nice fitness facility. I will definitely stay again if I have to go back to St. Louis.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I loved my stay here but the valet parking was horrible. Took over 25 minutes to get my car after having to speak to the manager. I was told to call down the day before when I need my car, and did so the next morning. I was told that there was no wait and at max should take 5 minutes to pull my car around. Once I get down to get my car, there is a line of about 10 people waiting to get their car and only two valet guys grabbing cars. Finally after 20 mins I got tired of waiting and had to speak to the manager out front. Very poorly managed and uniformed staff turned by visit from great to ehhh. Be sure to check with staff before grabbing your car!

Room Tip: Corner Suite was great!
New York, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Real Nice hotel - good staff - clean rooms - quite rooms - good breakfast - food is good a fresh - within walking distance to various sports facilities, convention center and local land marks. Real good restaurant connected to the hotel both lunch and dinner menu is outstanding. Food is fresh and good with a wide verity of wines to choose from

1 Thank Trent M
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 days with someone and it was an enjoyable stay.

Parking is hard, so I just valeted all three days. The doormen were friendly. I read some other reviews saying it took a while to get cars, but I never experienced that.

The check in was fine. When we first walked up there was one guy one the phone with a guest and it took a few minutes for someone else to show up. The girl who checked us in was polite, not over excited to see us, but she did mention the Hilton honors club, so that was a plus. We noticed right away that this hotel is connected to Robust, one of our favorite wine bars in STL. That was a big plus.

We were on the 2nd floor (240) and the room was huge. Big living room, a kitchenette, huge bedroom with 20 foot high ceilings and windows that large as well. The only complaint about the room was how uninspired the bathroom was. Very small, very basic. Counter space was okay. I will say their hairdryers are amazing. I also liked their shampoo, lotion, and conditioner. The beds were only alright to me. My boy thought they were pretty good. Pretty soft. Nice thick comforter on them. I did pull out the sofa sleeper one day to watch Jeopardy in the living room while he did some work in the bedroom, and I will say, it is a comfortable sofa sleeper. That is hard to find. All of the furnishings were very nice.

Breakfast was not good the one day we had it there. All of the hot foods were not hot, the seating is very cramped, the eggs were runny, the bacon tasted like cold, salty, rubber. I really just did not enjoy it. We never tried the happy hour, so not sure if that is better.

There are a lot of outlets in the room, so that was convenient. Housekeeping was good, came everyday and the room was very clean.

I would actually recommend this hotel for families, business travelers, or people just going out to have fun. For families you have a big room that is close to tourist things like the arch, city museum, and even a movie theater. For business travelers you are close to things like the peabody building, Americas Center for conferences, there is a nice wine bar downstairs, and fine restaurants right in the area. For people going out for fun, you are right on Washington avenue, a St. Louis hot spot.

Check out was really good. Our front desk lady was SO friendly. Printed a receipt for us and off we went.

In summary:

Pro's: Big room, good service, great location, great hairdryer and shampoos, connected to Robust.

Con's: Mediocre bathroom, bad breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple