“Plenty of Room”

GreenLeadersGold level
Luling, Louisiana
“Plenty of Room”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Large Suite with separate bedroom. Bed comfortable. Hot breakfast including made to order omelets very good. Evening happy hour with free cocktails and snacks appreciated. Great location for Cardinals game and the Gateway Arch.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Korean first
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My brother, father, and I stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown St Louis from October 2nd to the 5th, while we were in St Louis for two Cardinals- Pirates baseball playoff games on October 3rd and 4th, 2013. We flew in from Canada to stay here. I went to Saint Louis University from 1974- 1980, and at that time this was a Department Store. It has been turned into a beautiful downtown character hotel. Great hotel in a great location with great staff!! Check in was easy and courteous. Front Desk Staff was very helpful. Always had an anwer for us, and got us a cab whenever we needed one. Free beer/ bar drinks and snacks in the lounge from 5:30- 7:30 PM was a nice touch. My brother and I went down while our 82 yr old father had a nap. Free breakfast was incredible. The omelettes are unbelievable, and worth going down for just to see how many omelletes the lady cook can have going at once. Tip her lots! She does an amazing job!! Lots of fresh fruit, juices, breads, cereal, everything you need to get going in the morning. My father and brother slept in the two queen size beds and I slept on the foldout couch, and we all had very comfortable sleeps. Great location. 7 blocks to Busch Stadium, across the parking lots from the Edward Jones Dome, and a short cab far to the rink where the Blues play. Walking distance to the Arch, casino, and numerous restaurants. Cabs are easy to get, and they have two seat rickshaws for a different type of downtown ride. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

beautiful rooms and the service is excellent. Free breakfast included an omelet station and other hot options, and was well serviced. Happy hour was nice. Hotel restaurant isn't open for lunch but there is a little restaurant attached to the property that was excellent, and there's lots of other places to eat in the area. Service at this hotel is impeccable. Stayed twice for five days each time and was happy both times. Only draw back for me........no tub, only a shower (but it's huge)

Marshall, Arkansas
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Enjoyed my stay...some of the pros are:
free made to order breakfast
very comfortable bed
big rooms
easy walk to Busch Stadium
several upscale restaurants within walking distance

Cons:
the shower...you have to open the glass door and almost go entirely inside to turn it on. Which results in cold water in your face
It was very noisy...although it is downtown but still...very noisy
no dedicated parking. There is a parking garage close by but, the hotel does not validate parking. They do offer valet service.
The air conditioning was not very cool, I set it as low as it would go but the room still felt stuffy and warm

While the stay was nice, I think I will keep looking for the perfect hotel to stay in downtown.

Room Tip: my room faced the front of the hotel....noisy
2 Thank delhensley
Louisiana
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at the Embassy Suites on North 7th St. This is the second time I have stayed here and both times have been great. I travel to St. Louis to watch the NY Mets because Busch Stadium is the closest ballpark where I live although it's a 9 hour drive.
From the time you drop your car off with valet, until you check out, the staff at Embassy Suites are the best I have seen in all my travels. It's the same at all Embassy Suites so their training department has it down pact!
The room was very spacious and cleaned daily. Towels replaced that were on the floor and the ones I hung up to use again were left.
I asked housekeeping to leave a few extra coffee packets each day of my stay and they did.
The pool and fitness area were always clean and maintained throughout the day.
The breakfast, free for guests was outstanding! Omelets and eggs cooked to order is a great way to start your day.
The only "complaint" I would have and it is a minor one at that, is that Embassy Suites does not have a free coffee/tea bar available throughout the day as other Hilton properties and other hotel chains have.
Again, great job by the staff at the Embassy Suites! I'll be back next year when the Mets come to town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2014

On our first day here we had a full day of sightseeing and when we came back our room around 5pm the room was half cleaned , they didn't make the beds , didn't give new towels and even left a few cleaning supply bottles in our room so we knew that they were there , so I took kids to the city garden so they could clean . Which made the day not relaxing . There in room dining service has weird hours and there little convince store charges 3 dollars for a bottle of apple juice . The pool is on the small side
But overall I do love they have a complimentary breakfast but it only runs until 9am ( they should run it until 10am at least people who r on vacation like to take it slow ) and they have complementary snacks from 5:30-7:30pm . The rooms are very big which I love gives a family of 5 plenty of space .

• Stayed June 2014
Franklin, TN, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I forgot my umbrella and it rained two days, They let me borrow the umbrella cheer fully.I like lot of creamer in my coffee and they left extra creamer for the coffee without being asked asked them. Let me have the room 11:00 am.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels