“VERY HAPPY "CAMPER"”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
Ranked #14 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My time spent at the Embassy Suites was excellent: clean rooms, great breakfast, good restaurant with attentive service, and very clean in all aspects. The water wall was memorizing as you sit in the lobby relaxing. I was here to celebrate a wedding and it made the experience outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is by far my favorite in downtown St. Louis. I am from St. Louis and for the past two years I've celebrated my birthday there. Why? A. Location B. The room is spacious and are suites C. BREAKFAST(the best free hotel breakfast (word omelets!) AND FREE HAPPY HOUR (its not just beer and wine..make sure you tip well :)!! Need I say more? Yes, the valet is expensive, but breakfast and happy hour make up for it. In addition, if you have a room with 2 queens, you can sleep 6 because the sofa turns into a queen bed. (Which is actually quite comfortable and I've slept on a many horrible sofa beds before). The management and staff has always been polite and courteous to me and this year, they wrote a thoughtful handwritten card and left a delicious platter of strawberries! If you are a Hilton member, definitely stay here! Also any families or couples or groups celebrating special occasions, this is your pick for sure. I didn't have a problem with the cleanliness of the room at all so I'd have to disagree with other reviewers. I always try my best to tip housekeeping.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

If the room had been cleaner, it would have been a very nice stay. The corridors were in need of a sweeping. Conference room was fine and the hostess had everything in hand. The complimentary breakfast was very comprehensive. There are a lot of good dining establishments in proximity to the hotel as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Someone had apparently blown their nose in the shower and this was not cleaned- there was evidence of this on the shower curtain and on the tile which we did not realize until one of us was actually in the shower. My daughter found a long black hair on her pillow. There were no pillowcases provided for the pull-out bed pillows, and the blanket didn't look that clean. Overall disgusting experience and we were glad to leave. We had stayed in an Embassy Suites in Des Moines, IA earlier in the year and had a wonderful experience. This hotel was a disappointment to say the least. We visit St. Louis every year and have stayed in many hotels in the area. We will not stay in this one again.

1  Thank Erika H
Wade T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Erika H,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites for your recent visit to St. Louis and for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Cleanliness is very important to us and every guest should expect a clean suite at arrival and through the duration of their stay. Although we take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, we sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced in your suite. We have shared your comments with our team to ensure this does not happen in the future to any other guest.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it enables us to better serve future guests. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to have you with us again for your next visit to St. Louis so we can provide you with the positive experience that you deserve.

Best regards,

Wade Thompson, Director of Sales
Phone: 314-678-2903
Email: wade.thompson@hilton.com

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My family and I spent a few days in St. Louis and stayed at this Embassy Suite property. It was a great experience. We were so close to everything. We walked from the hotel to nearly everything we wanted to visit. The property has a very nice feel to it when you walk in. The suite rooms were very spacious and held our family with room to spare. The breakfast each morning was excellent with made to order omelets and other hot foods in plentiful supply. Charlene at the breakfast area was a very positive person in the morning. And the omelet chef did a great job. (On busy days, they could probably use another person to help him out). We also enjoyed the Manager's special in the evening to unwind with beverages and snack.

Thanks to our close location, my niece and I were able to fulfill a long awaited quest to get up in the Arch. We walked from the hotel and got there in no time. We also had a chance to visit during our walk. An added benefit. My niece and nephew enjoyed the City Museum which is a bit longer walk from the hotel, but it was a fun experience.

If you are going to St. Louis to see a ball game, the Arch or just see the fantastic historic architecture in the downtown (which includes this hotel), be sure to stay here.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Perfect location to attend a Cardinals game and visit the Gateway Arch. Very clean, and lots of charm. Long walk from elevator to room, but was worth it. Manager's reception and breakfast were like other Embassy Suites. Would not hesitate to stay again.

1  Thank JodiM011
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Large Suite with separate bedroom. Bed comfortable. Hot breakfast including made to order omelets very good. Evening happy hour with free cocktails and snacks appreciated. Great location for Cardinals game and the Gateway Arch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends