“Room Not Ready”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
Ranked #14 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Check-in time is supposed to be 3p.m., however, my room was not even ready at 5p.m. when I went to check in. Upon arrival to the room, the housecleaning ladies were still in the room cleaning, where I waited until they were done.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you want to stay downtown with your family this is a great option. Love that Embassy Suites have the separate sleeping room - makes it a good option for families with kids. Located near lots of restaurants, movie theater, convention center - and easy walking distance to Busch Stadium. City Garden and City Museum also nearby. Only complaint is that the complimentary happy hour was very crowded - and the lines weren't served quickly. They ran out of glasses and seats (which was particularly problematic since they had seating sections closed off). Other than that, no complaints. I would recommend this hotel to those staying in St. Louis. (Really neat if you research that the building was an old department store.)

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor which is convenient to the happy hour and breakfast (also on the 4th floor...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Embassy Suites is in the heart of St. Louis. Walking distance to Edward Jones Dome, Home of the St. Louis Rams and Blues, Gateway Arch and Busch Stadium, Home of the Cardinals and the conventions center. The services is fabulous and the rooms are excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've been here many time before and have written about this hotel before on tripadvisor all good. We have not been back in over a year and stopped in for a several night stay, It's still wonderful. The staff from Valet, to bell persons to the front desk remembered us and welcomed us back. It was honestly like coming home and you don't find that kind of friendly service at many hotels now days. What I really like is this hotel must be well managed to keep so much of the staff this long. Most of the staff has been here a long time, Helen who cooks your eggs or omelet, to perfection, has been with the company over 30 years and still smiles and makes you feel good each day. The front desk staff is very good, Nick, Christina and all of them make you feel welcome.
Yes parking and unloading is a little difficult on the street but the guys out there make it happen and work hard to get you out of the car and in the hotel. Yes you must valet but it's a downtown hotel and parking is hard. I'm just glad they take care of me.
The food here is very good and if you don't wait to get out you won't be disappointed. But there are some GREAT places to eat all around you just ask the staff and they will help you find what ever you are looking for. The managers reception is always fun at most Embassy Suites but this one is the best because of Robert the bartender. He is the best, never misses a step, no matter how long the line he is smiling and talking to everyone. Never gets upset even when people get mad over the only one drink per person rule. Just one of those people who make you happy to be around and makes the evening fun. Oh yes and after a year still remembered what we drank.
Only negative is housekeeper could use a little boost. Our room cleaning each day was not good, didn't even empty our trash or take out empty water bottles or food stuff. Plus the common areas could have used a little dusting. I'm betting this will get better fast with this management team. Over all Great hotel and a must stay when in downtown St Louis.

Room Tip: For a real treat book a corner room WOW huge and beautiful, with high ceilings and floor to ceilings...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed with my husband and four children. We had a fantastic stay. Things we loved:

Spacious rooms, within walking distance to The City Museum, great hot breakfast and "happy hour", fun pool for the kids.

Would definitely recommend.

We actually left my sons special "lovie/blanket" in the room, called 48 hours later and housekeeping had it and put it aside for us to pick up a week later. Great service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had stayed here before right after it opened and the hotel had a hipster vibe, this time it was full of families. No problem, was traveling with family myself. First impression was bad, asked doorman/valet where I could self park and was answered with a thumb pointing down the street "There" was all he said.
Check in was fine but noticed dirt and dust in common areas, OK breakfast and night reception although I had to have my wife come to the bar and get her glass of wine because "embassy limits us to 1 drink per person at a time".
Next day after arriving back at hotel at 5:30 room was not made up, I called front desk and asked it to be made up and we went out for supper. Arriving back at 10:00 it was still unmade, by this time I was disgusted and called front desk again just to get towels, finally housekeeping provided them.
Not what I expected for the price, as a honors gold/diamond member for the last 10 years I will avoid this place in the future. Shame that a few bad apples spoiled it for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jlabsher
Wade T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear jlabsher,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We want to thank you for returning to our hotel but apologize that your second visit did not meet the standards you have come to expect from our hotel.

Our goal is for our guests to be completely satisfied and apologize that we were not able to do this for you. We strive for ways to improve the experience for our guests and your input will assist us in doing so. We have shared your comments with our team in an effort to make sure our future guests do not experience similar situations.

We sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity to provide you with truly great service on your next visit to St. Louis.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Wade Thompson
Director of Sales & Marketing
Phone: 314-678-2903
Email: wade.thompson@hilton.com

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My time spent at the Embassy Suites was excellent: clean rooms, great breakfast, good restaurant with attentive service, and very clean in all aspects. The water wall was memorizing as you sit in the lobby relaxing. I was here to celebrate a wedding and it made the experience outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends