“The best of the best”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
Ranked #13 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I had a great experience! will recomend this hotel to any of my friends. Awesome complementary breakfast :). After my evening run i could count on a quick healthy dinner from a great kitchen staff. Location was fantastic too. There's a lot of places to go if you can make it before 5pm all the businesses in downtown closes at 5pm.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for an extended weekend trip and found the hotel very clean and elegantly decorated. Check-in/out was very quick and simple. We were particularly thrilled to discover that the complimentary evening reception didn't just provide fountain beverages and snacks like some, you were welcome to wine, certain mixed drinks (one liquor cocktails like gin/tonic or martinis, etc.). All compliments. Of course it's rolled into the room rate but it was nice to not have to worry about paying for a drink in the evening if you wanted one. The bartender recommended a fantastic Peruvian restaurant downtown as well, Mango. It was amazing! Our room was a corner king suite on the 5th floor and was located very close to the pool. Despite this, our room was very quiet. The bed was also one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in which was very much appreciated after a full day of driving. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Wade T, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Shannon L,

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites St. Louis - Downtown during your recent visit to St. Louis, and for taking the time to review your experience.

We strive to provide a clean, comfortable and friendly environment for our guests and are pleased that you enjoyed not only our facilities and staff but that you also experienced some of the flavor of St. Louis while you were here.

We hope your travels bring you back to St. Louis in the near future. If they do, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Embassy Suites!

Best regards,

Wade Thompson
Director of Sales
Phone: 314-678-2903
Email: wade.thompson@hilton.com

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here for one night on business and to catch up with a re-located friend. The front end staff were wonderful, finding me a room to check in early even though I forgot to request it. Room was huge, exceptionally big for just me. Internet worked great and it was fast enough for me to VPN into my work server. Relatively close to some night life, which was a couple blocks away. The complimentary breakfast and happy hour also did not disappoint.

Not sure how it would work for family or vacation given that I wasn't down there for that purpose. It was downtown St. Louis right by the ballpark and Edward Jones Dome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My family stayed here to attend the Saints/Rams game. Walking distance to the stadium, only a block. Great restaurants and shopping in area. Very safe with great nightlife. Really enjoyed how they converted an old department store into a wonderful hotel. Front desk team was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast and managers cocktail party were outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I normally stay at the Four Seasons when visiting St Louis but I wanted to save a few dollars while still having the "perks" of a luxury hotel, I made a mistake. I arrived around 5 pm at night and the front staff was very unfriendly and pointed across the street when I asked about parking, words would've been nice. When my two friends and I arrived in our room there was a dirty rag left by housekeeping, which housekeeping to their credit did promptly remove. I'm not sure what was going on with the bathroom floor but if you walked on it barefooted you were left with some sort of film on the bottom of your feet...not pleasant. The room itself was well appointed and spacious and the beds were comfortable however due to the lack of guest service skills, I won't be back. I will spend the extra money and stay at the Four Seasons where I'm always treated well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelin' G

Dear Christy P,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback.

We apologize that you did not receive the service experience you expect from Embassy Suites. We continuously strive to improve the experience for our guests. Your comments are important to us and we have shared your review with our leadership team to ensure our future guests do not have the service letdown that you did.

We apologize as well about the bathroom floor. We have identified that a sealant used on the floors has not adhered properly and we have removed this from all of our suite baths. It appears your suite had not yet been addressed and we are sorry that this affected you while you were here.

We do hope that you will afford us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve by staying with us again during your next visit to St. Louis.

Again, thank you for choosing our hotel and for providing this valuable feedback.

Best regards,

Wade Thompson
Director of Sales & Marketing
Phone: 314-678-2903
Email: wade.thompson@hilton.com

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Embassy Suites is always a good choice when traveling with family. This hotel quite small, only four floors, but the services were above average compared with larger ones. The manager's reception and breakfast were great, if a little crowded. Right by the convention center, about a mile from the arch if one direction and the train station in the other, both walkable, but take a taxi after dark.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I would recommend this hotel to everyone! From the staff to the extremely large suites, our stay was incredibe. We came in for my sisters wedding and our entire family could not stop talking about how awesome the experience was. The only complaint I would have is I probably gained about 5 pounds from the complimentary breakfast...it was amazing!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family