“Almost Like Home”

Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis - Downtown
Ranked #14 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I enjoy staying at this hotel. From the moment I arrive and the valet opens my car door to the time they return my car as I prepare to leave, everyone is friendly and helpful. Their breakfasts are wonderful. I love the made-to-order omelets and the opportunity to relax and enjoy as I start my day. While the drink line in the evening is sometimes long, it tends to move quickly and the bartenders are friendly and knowledgeable. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed 2 September 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the downtown St Louis Embassy and we could not be more happy with our decision. We would not think of staying at any other hotel in the area bu the Embassy! The staff is friendly and courteous and the hotel itself is beautiful. The complimentary breakfast makes the stay well worth it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We booked the Work Hard, Play Hard special which included valet parking and internet service. The valet parking would have cost $27/day and the internet about $10/day, so this was a great savings. We picked this hotel for its proximity to the Edward Jones Dome ~ not even a full block away! Check in was quick and easy, the valet drivers helped unload our vehicle and the bellman brought our luggage to the room. The room was nice- 2 queen suite. The 2 queen beds were in a separate room with a door separating the living room from the bedroom. Comfortable beds and pillows. The pull out couch mattress was not comfortable and my daughter could feel the springs, haven't found a hotel yet that has a comfortable pull out. In hindsight, I should have asked if they had an eggcrate mattress to place on top for comfort. Our room was quiet, no rooms oppostie ours in the hallway, makes a huge difference with noise control. The evening reception was great. 2 hours long, enough time to enjoy a couple of complimentary drinks- wine, beer, cocktails, and snack foods. The breakfast was just as good with made to order eggs, omelets, and pancakes as well as French toast, hashbrowns, breakfast meats, fruit, bagels, toast, yogurt, and cereal selections. We did not use the fitness area and did not use the pool/hot tub. The girls checked out the pool and said it was only 3 feet deep- not really worth the effort of putting on a swim suit. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if traveling to St. Louis. It is in a prime downtown location and an easy walk to the St. Louis Arch.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor- the same floor as the breakfast/evening reception.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The rooms are fantastic, the only issue I had at all is the lighting is not very bright. But, fantastic location, nice room sizes. Would go back again. Checking in was fast, out was even faster, ate at the restaurant that connects hotel lobby--meatballs outstanding, went to complimentary evening hourderves & it was good. Didnt have time for pool/hot tub but, if anything like rest of hotel--probably great. Walked to a concert less then 5 min!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

This hotel is in walking distance from the Edward Jones dome. Nice and clean and walking distance to the arch and multiple resturants. The self parking lot across the street is not affiliated with the hotel so may want to use the valet even if you do not ordinarily do. rooms are huge and love having the fridge and microwave in the room. The resturant attatched has a chicken dish to die for. clean and friendly. my teenagers loved this place

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The hotel was in a great location and the rooms were well kept. I was disappointed that I heard so much outside noise such as traffic and people car stereos. I was also disapponted I was not given free wi-fi since I am a hilton member and was there attending a conference within the Hotel itself. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic and the evening social hours also very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Hotel is in an excellent location, convenient to downtown activities. Clean and comfortable, staff was remarkable. Would stay here again. Food was excellent, and complimentary evening cocktails and snacks was extremely enjoyable and condusive to socializing.