“Amazing Italian Grocery Store”
Review of Di Gregorio Market

Di Gregorio Market
Ranked #7 of 54 Shopping in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Saint Louis, Missouri
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Amazing Italian Grocery Store”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Located in the heart of "the hill" section of St. Louis, this grocery store / deli has a wonderful selection of European food and wine. Great value for your money and wonderful family atmosphere.

Visited October 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 184 helpful votes
“A lovely Italian market on The Hill”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Our first visit to DiGregorio Foods was prompted by a groupon. My friend and I live across the river, and we love going into St Louis to try out new places. Groupons give us the ability to find these store and restaurants.
I grew up around Boston, so I LOVE Italian markets. DiGregorio's has a lovely wine shop within their market and 100's if not 1000's of Italian cooking items. There is also a deli area with all types of meats and cheeses. We were delighted to find my husband absolute favorites: horseradish cheddar cheese and coppa. The staff behind the deli counter was very patient as we tested several different items. One could tell most of the customers were regulars who marched up to the counter and called out their orders. We took longer.
In the freezer section, they offered many pre-made Italian favorites along with my personal secret, frozen pizza dough. No one knows I do not make my own dough! (I put the dough in my cooler and it was thawed and ready to use by the time I got that afternoon.)
All of the staff were friendly. I ask the wine person for a odd wine variety which they did not have but she took the time to check their inventory, to be sure. The check out was easy. The only thing they were missing was the big olive barrel in the middle of the market that I remember from my childhood. Sadly, I guess those days are gone.
By the way, there is a cute soap "factory" across the street from DiGregorio's. (Herbaria, 2016 Marconi Ave, St Louis) Go in - the place smells lovely and they will give you a tour. I bought my husband a bar of shave cream to use when we travel. They will give you a little bar of soap after your tour. I got Biotherapy Skincare and my bathroom smells wonderful!

Visited October 2011