“Omni Majestic a great stay!”

The Hotel Majestic St. Louis
Ranked #65 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Bellevue, Washington
“Omni Majestic a great stay!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Omni for a recent family wedding. It was the "overflow" hotel for wedding guests but I am so glad we ended up staying here rather than the huge hotel down the street where the wedding was held! From making our reservations to checking out, everything was terrific at the Omni Majestic. I can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They all went out of the way to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. We were disappointed that there was a charge for wireless but quickly satisfied to learn that if we joined the Omni frequent guest club (no charge) not only would we get our wireless for free but we would also get our morning coffee and juice delivered gratis. We loved the fresh fruited ice water available all day downstairs and the bar was a great place for a nightcap after a group of us returned from the wedding. There are lots of great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel -- and the front office was helpful in making suggestions. Being able to print our boarding passes for our afternoon flight home was very welcome before our departure! The Omni Majestic is a wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Shawn H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The Omni Majestic is an old ornate downtown building that houses a very nice hotel. The woodwork and natural stone that complement the lobby and restaurant seem like a throwback to a more elaborate time. When checking in the staff was extremely polite and helpful. The room was a good size with what seemed to be newer carpet and some 'antique' furniture. The king bed was comfortable and had numerous pillow options. Heavy drapery could be slid over to cover the windows and block out any street noise and the view of the opposing high-rises. The television was a flat-screen tube model, didn't bother me one bit but some may be tv snobs...
The bathroom was nicely decorated but not overly ornate and everything worked well. The free internet access is a plus and the fitness room was adequate with elliptical and treadmill in good working order. This was actually one of my favorite hotels that I've visited in downtown St. Louis. It has the vintage charm that it should with the amenities that I need when traveling for work.

Room Tip: The hotel has a shuttle service that will take you to/from Hockey,Baseball or Football games. They h...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Osp98
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We’re glad you appreciated the décor and size of your room. It’s great to hear we’re one of your favorite hotels in downtown St. Louis. We hope to see you again next time you’re in town.
McKinney, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

convenient location to downtown, with all sites within walking distance. the entire staff... front desk, restaurant, drivers, valet, etc. will make you feel right at home. I travel alot for work and haven't had an experience like this in years. Everyone that was in my party felt the same way - Great Job Omni!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

3 Thank Cory J
Selma, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The building needs updated with repairs. The room we were in originally leaked from broken water pipes above the room, we got moved to another room. The second room I was charged the same amount but was smaller than the first room. The staff is very friend and helpful, but the building needs help. There are items that can be purchased online like a beer tasting, which I did, and it was never delivered to the room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Noel W
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Hotel Majestic St. Louis, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
We’re sorry that your original room had water leaking from pipes. This winter has been particularly hard on our plumbing system as it’s been one of the harshest on record in some decades. This has definitely played a factor in some of the building’s plumbing issues. We have fixed each issue as it’s come up and will continue to address any complaints as we reach warmer temperatures.
Sewanee, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here after getting a room from Priceline, and I was severely disappointed. 2Midwest reports bath robes and 4 cup coffee maker -- I had neither. Instead, I had a room with many downsides:

* The TV was pathetic.
* There should have been a refrigerator in the room. (There was a space for one, but it wasn't there...?)
* Valet parking only was inconvenient and very expensive.
* I couldn't switch to a room with two beds without essentially doubling my rate, because of their room-change fee.
* The room was small.
* The bed was terribly uncomfortable.

There were a few positives:
The staff members were very nice in our limited interactions. I also liked that I could get free Internet during my stay. We were close to the MetroLink, which was nice, but not terribly close to downtown attractions (I've stayed closer).

Overall, this was an adequate but not impressive (or, frankly, worth it) hotel. I'm glad I got a reasonably good deal on Priceline, but next time I will just pay the full price to stay somewhere better downtown. It's too risky to bid on Priceline with this hotel in the mix.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
We apologize that you had a disappointing experience with us. However when booking on Priceline, we can’t guarantee a room with double beds, as the rate we can get for those rooms is higher than our standard rooms. As far as the room being uncomfortable, we have Serta pillow top mattresses in all our rooms, and the amenities in our smaller rooms are the same level of comfort as our larger rooms. We’re sorry if they were lacking. There are multiple self-parking options near the hotel. We do have bathrobes in our rooms. If you didn’t have one, we are happy to provide one.
Indiana
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed here after using Priceline. Got a great rate for a Sunday Monday stay. Historic hotel. Nice room including the bath robe. Best of all, unlike most hotel chains, you get a 4 cup coffee maker! Almost unheard off any more. Free apple at check in. Comfortable bed. Quiet corner room facing north was nice. Walked to Art Gallery Coffee Shop (3 blocks west) for breakfast. Dinner at nearby Culinaria gourmet grocery store. Toured historic library - a Beaux Art Gems. Walked to hotel from the St. Louis Gateway Amtrak Greyhound MetroLink. Hotel had free shuttle which I used to go to my conference at the Hilton at the Ballpark. Note: business center has pay to use computer unless you are printing a boarding pass.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business