“Comfy beds.....”

Lumiere Place Casino
Ranked #52 of 254 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: The lights dazzle. The sounds beckon. The tingle of anticipation is everywhere. With more than 1,700 slot machines, 60 table games and a dedicated 13-table poker room, there's something for every gaming enthusiast at Lumière Place. In fact, there are 75,000 square feet of gaming options - from classic games to the latest favorites - for you to enjoy practically 24 hours a day. And with the free Trop Advantage(R) players club program, playing your favorite games can translate to cash and rewards, good for room nights, meals, merchandise and more.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Fort Frances, Ontario, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Comfy beds.....”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

But that's it. Filthy, tiny bathrooms, lots of hidden dirty spots, disgusting coffee pot, just plain not clean. Very understaffed which may explain things, but not acceptable.

1 Thank Casey M

Las Vegas, Nevada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Comfy beds, filthy carpets!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lumiere Place Hotel had a lot of great things about it - nice, big room with surprisingly comfortable beds. I'm a bit of a diva when it comes to pillows and mattresses, and honestly, this hotel is in my top 10 as far as great beds go. Nice, big, flat screen TV and a little refrigerator were also two nice features. The service at the front desk, bell desk, etc was great. Everyone I talked to was warm and helpful, and I have no complaints whatsoever!

Two things stopped this from getting a 4 or 5 star from me though: For the price, I was shocked at how filthy the carpets were! I felt like I needed to wear slippers in the room or risk getting a foot fungus, haha. The other problem was paper thin walls and an extremely NOISY clientele. I wish security would enforce noise levels at night better. I heard late night partying all night long. Ugh!

Other than that though, this is a pretty decent place - oh and the location is FANTASTIC. You're close to the Landing, and a short walk from the Arch. I loved the area and would stay here again - just don't forget the slippers for those nasty carpets!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Moonery
Wichita, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not a Four Star.”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I made a reservation for this Hotel for July 2 through July 6, 2014 over the Fourth of July holiday. The purpose was to be downtown along the River, near a casino and Lacleade's Landing which would be all within walking distance. My wife and I just wanted to get away and enjoy new scenery in a different City.

The Hotel was rated 4 1/2 Star's and I felt comfortable with the reviews that this Hotel would be perfect for our holiday get away.

Boy was I wrong! We arrived, checked in and the bell hop took our luggage up. The Hotel lobby and check in area was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The minute we came off the elevator we noticed that the carpet on the floor was worn, dirty and spots all over it. That was not good! We open the door to the room and it was the same.

The furniture was worn, dirty, room hadn't been re-pained in a while and spots all over the carpet that had never been cleaned. We immediately requested another room. That room was the same. I went to the front desk to speak with a manager. I was told that the staff would go and clean the carpet in another room for us.

If 3 rooms on higher floors which was supposed to be the better rooms were all filthy, I couldn't trust the bar or restaurant. Had the bell hop take our luggage back down to my car and checked out. The staff blamed the situation on Lumiere being purchased by the Tropicana out of Las Vegas and changes and improvements were on the way.

The place should have been shut down for restoration. It was terrible and didn't even make two Star's.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank David W
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Hotel is average location is good”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is close to arch area and about a mile walk to downtown area another half mile to Busch stadium.
Rooms are ok, decor is a bit outdated or maybe an attempt at 70s retro. Beds are comfortable, suites are nice and adequate space. Bathroom is small and not well lit.
Staff is friendly and helpful and I was impressed with their upbeat attitude.
Didn't do much at casino other than the diner attached to it. Food was good but service was a tad slow.
Overall it was good and probably would stay again for overnight or two but no more than that.

1 Thank Matt S
Fort Worth, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Customer Service Lacking”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I spend a lot of time in casinos across the USA. This one is near the bottom for customer service.

Players Club - waited extended times for help three trips to booth with almost no line. 2 of the 3 times the boothling barely even conversed with us. Actual concrete information about levels and rewards was difficult to extract. Grade D.

Bars - With one exception, bartenders appeared annoyed that we needed something. Drinks are very pricey, on the average of what they would cost outside of a casino. Given that most casinos in the USA give FREE drinks to players, you would think there would at least be a player discount. The Non-smoking bar was a service exception, Both bar tenders were energetic, lively, engaged us in conversation and were attentive. Our drinks were checked regularly, and these two gentlemen appeared to really love their job and their customers. Grade C exception-smoking bar Grade A.

Cocktail service on the floor - Abysmal. When they were not TOTALLY non-existent, they moved through the rows speaking barely above a whisper. We were basically responsible for getting their attention and flagging them down. This is unacceptable,behavior towards machine players in a casino. Grade F.

Games - plenty of slots and video poker. Table limits from $10-$100 minimums and plenty of them. Good layout. Grade B.

Hosts - for our level of play we have a host in most of the casinos we play at. Here, they were AWOL most of the time we were there. When we finally met with one, we were satisfied with getting our room comped, but had NO actual dialog with the host and never once were called by name, asked how our stay was, what we thought of the property, etc. Grade D.

Diner - Our waitress was very educated about the menu, answered questions, and was super prompt. She was friendly and attentive. Food was solid diner fare and prices were reasonable. Grade B for the diner overall, waitress Grade A.

Overall rating C. Casinos are all over the country. We have been where there are many in one location (Las Vegas) and where there are few. Customer service is a KEY element of a good casino experience. We want to feel noticed, and as if we are a little special. We got none of that here and even less. They have the games, they have the money, but they are lacking the polish.

Visited June 2014