“Stop over”

Lumiere Place Casino
Ranked #56 of 267 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: The lights dazzle. The sounds beckon. The tingle of anticipation is everywhere. With more than 1,700 slot machines, 60 table games and a dedicated 13-table poker room, there's something for every gaming enthusiast at Lumière Place. In fact, there are 75,000 square feet of gaming options - from classic games to the latest favorites - for you to enjoy practically 24 hours a day. And with the free Trop Advantage(R) players club program, playing your favorite games can translate to cash and rewards, good for room nights, meals, merchandise and more.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great room, a suite that had everything you needed for a price. Beautiful and comfortable decor. Awesome view of Mississippi River and the Arch. Casino - no free drinks and didn't see anyone win. Keep your money in your pockets. Close to many restaurants and bars.

1  Thank SallyE0307

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Not only generally hostile, especially child unfriendly, security staff is aggressive, wifi is junk, light bulbs in room burned out, no towels in room, missing pillows. Overall a big disappointment. Better off to stay in a Motel 6 and commute to casino for your thorough ripoff.

2  Thank George M
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

But that's it. Filthy, tiny bathrooms, lots of hidden dirty spots, disgusting coffee pot, just plain not clean. Very understaffed which may explain things, but not acceptable.

1  Thank Casey M
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lumiere Place Hotel had a lot of great things about it - nice, big room with surprisingly comfortable beds. I'm a bit of a diva when it comes to pillows and mattresses, and honestly, this hotel is in my top 10 as far as great beds go. Nice, big, flat screen TV and a little refrigerator were also two nice features. The service at the front desk, bell desk, etc was great. Everyone I talked to was warm and helpful, and I have no complaints whatsoever!

Two things stopped this from getting a 4 or 5 star from me though: For the price, I was shocked at how filthy the carpets were! I felt like I needed to wear slippers in the room or risk getting a foot fungus, haha. The other problem was paper thin walls and an extremely NOISY clientele. I wish security would enforce noise levels at night better. I heard late night partying all night long. Ugh!

Other than that though, this is a pretty decent place - oh and the location is FANTASTIC. You're close to the Landing, and a short walk from the Arch. I loved the area and would stay here again - just don't forget the slippers for those nasty carpets!

2  Thank Moonery
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I made a reservation for this Hotel for July 2 through July 6, 2014 over the Fourth of July holiday. The purpose was to be downtown along the River, near a casino and Lacleade's Landing which would be all within walking distance. My wife and I just wanted to get away and enjoy new scenery in a different City.

The Hotel was rated 4 1/2 Star's and I felt comfortable with the reviews that this Hotel would be perfect for our holiday get away.

Boy was I wrong! We arrived, checked in and the bell hop took our luggage up. The Hotel lobby and check in area was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The minute we came off the elevator we noticed that the carpet on the floor was worn, dirty and spots all over it. That was not good! We open the door to the room and it was the same.

The furniture was worn, dirty, room hadn't been re-pained in a while and spots all over the carpet that had never been cleaned. We immediately requested another room. That room was the same. I went to the front desk to speak with a manager. I was told that the staff would go and clean the carpet in another room for us.

If 3 rooms on higher floors which was supposed to be the better rooms were all filthy, I couldn't trust the bar or restaurant. Had the bell hop take our luggage back down to my car and checked out. The staff blamed the situation on Lumiere being purchased by the Tropicana out of Las Vegas and changes and improvements were on the way.

The place should have been shut down for restoration. It was terrible and didn't even make two Star's.

2  Thank David W