“Cost does not always dictate value”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch
Ranked #10 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 13 April 2011

When I first booked this, I somehow missed that Drury is a mid to lower end chain (I usually travel for business in nicer hotels), so I was a bit disappointed when I realized this. Boy, did my mind quickly change. The service was absolutely impeccable from the time we checked in until the time we left. I hate paying for "extras", and I was pleasantly surprised with all the "extras" perks (except for parking). Happy Hour food was nothing to boast... nachos, popcorn, hot dogs, but for the price we paid, I'll take it! Breakfast offerings were better. Location was great if you want to see the Arch, but to go to bars or really anything else, it was a bit out of the way. Though it may not have been in the best part of town, we definitely felt safe with the card key elevators and double entrance doors. Aside from location, this was one of the best values I've had for my money!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank distractinwanderlust
There are newer reviews for Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch

Reviewed 10 April 2011

The hotel was clean and staff was friendly. However, part of the reason we chose the hotel was for the 5:30p kickback (which was the free evening meal). There was a lot of food, however it all really sucked. The breakfast was really good though. The room was okay. Only one of the hotubs worked and the pool was small.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2011

Thank you for being our guest and your review of our hotel! It is through input such as yours that we have the opportunity to review and improve our products and services.

We want to exceed our guests' expectation in every instance. At any time that you find something is not exactly as you expected, please contact one of our guest service agents or a manager immediately. We are often able to correct a situation while you are still our guest, allowing you to go home with a great memory. While we do not expect our guests to do our jobs, a timely head's up is appreciated.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon to Drury Plaza Hotel - Downtown St. Louis!

Reviewed 9 April 2011

We had a GREAT stay at the Drury Plaza. The staff was friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. The location of the hotel can't be beat. We woke up every morning to seeing the sunrise on the Arch - breathtaking! The breakfast buffet was really good. The dinner buffet was decent, but after staying for several days - we had to go out to eat (but that's not a complaint - just our need for variety). The pool and hot tub were a nice way to wind down after a long day. I used their parking garage, which at $15 a night was a little costly. However - it was worth it, in my opinion. I liked knowing that my car was secure and I didn't have to guess about where I was going to park at the end of the day. We did use the trolley system for our downtown excursions. That was great!!! It picked us up a block away from the hotel and took us to the key locaions - such as the City Museum. At a cost of $2 for adults and $1 for kids for an all day pass, I thought the trolley was a HUGE bonus. (you do need exact change, though)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ControlledChaos
Reviewed 29 March 2011

My husband took me to St. Louis to celebrate my birthday. Our stay at the Drury Plaza was phenomenal! The staff was awesome and the facilities were amazing. My husband and I traveled with our 5 year old granddaughter and she loved the hotel. She is a very picky eater yet found nothing to complain of regrading the breakfast selection or evening appetizers. The pool was over-chlorinated, but I felt it was done in preparation for the large amount of guests that may be using the pool...there were 3 conventions in town the weekend we visited (March 25, 26 and 27) and I believe the hotel was filled to capacity.

Most important to me is cleanliness and the hotel was spotless...especially our room and the bathroom!!

My husband was impressed with the security of the hotel...many areas were accessible only with our room key card, from the parking garage to the lobby elevators. Another plus was the heated parking garage...a bonus with the 4" of snow that arrived! The front desk staff provided us with printed directions for the area attractions and were helpful with their suggestions. Housekeeping did a wonderful job as well. They left a voice mail message for us, double checking that we didn't need anything since we had left the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door.

Each staff member we encountered greeted us with a "good morning (afternoon or evening" and a smile. We were asked if we slept well and how our stay was and even asked if there was anything we needed.

We were thoroughly pleased with the Drury Plaza and will stay there again during our future trips to St. Louis.

1  Thank NeeNeeTo4
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We recently spent four nights at the Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch in St. Louis to celebrate my wife's birthday. This was our first stay at a Drury Hotel. Our decision was based on other TA reviews, but more importantly, the customer service offered by every Drury Hotel... The Drury Family wrote the book on customer service..free hot breakfast every morning with a great selection, nightly "Kickback" that includes hot dogs, chili, chicken tenders, salad, baked potatoes, nachos and more..and get this, three "FREE" alcoholic drinks for every adult...who has ever heard of such a thing..I LOVED it!!!

This hotel is in an excellent location, about one-hundred yards from the Arch in downtown St. Louis. The hotel is locked up like Fort Knox and made us feel extremely secure in our stay. We took our two Bichon Frises' with us as ALL Drury Hotels are pet friendly...and once again, they DO NOT charge extra for our furry friends.

The rooms and condition of the hotel is excellent shape. We stayed in room 628, which offered us a partial view of the Arch and the Mississippi River. We were always met with a big smile and "hello" by the entire staff from the front desk, housekeeping, food/beverage, to security. I have never given a hotel a 5 star review but this Drury Hotel clearly deserves each and every one...the Drury Family has earned a repeat customer and a NEW gold key member..

1  Thank KansasJayhawkers
Reviewed 27 March 2011

For the price, breakfast was good as was the drinks and snacks. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking garage was full so we had to go across street, normally not a problem, but with bad weather it's not fun to have to walk outside. Pool was not good. Over chlorinated and looked cloudy. Nice to be able to walk to the arch and stadium. Because of the pool, left a day early. Otherwise, everything at the hotel was good.

1  Thank Go2run

Reviewed 19 March 2011

We have stayed at this Drury Inn many times! It is outstanding! Very convenient to everything, you can walk to great restaurants, etc. Nightly snacks and drinks so welcomed after traveling all day! Morning breakfast is really very good! You won't be disappointed i f you stay here!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends