“Exemplary Hotel With One Exception”

Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch
Ranked #10 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Bristol, WI
“Exemplary Hotel With One Exception”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is the third time we've stayed at the Drury Plaza at the Arch. It is located blocks from both Busch Stadium and the St. Louis Arch, which makes it an ideal home base. The hotel is comprised of at least three separate buildings, which makes navigating the hallways and elevators a little bit of an adventure, but every member of the staff (housekeeping included) always has a smile on their face and a kind greeting for you. The pool on the 8th floor is fun for a dip. Breakfast and happy hour (with food) is included in every nights' stay. This is Drury policy chain-wide, but it is especially good at this location, given the expansive ground floor lobby and fountains. The only thing keeping me from giving this hotel an Excellent is the housekeeping. One day we left for some sightseeing and didn't get back until 4:00pm, but the room still hadn't been touched. We had to call the front desk to complain and only 40 minutes later was our room made up. The first day we were there housekeeping didn't even wipe the sink, toilette top or tub. I love the Drury and would recommend it to a friend, but even with 300 plus rooms, they should be able to provide better cleaning service.

Room Tip: Don't necessarily load and unload your car in front of the hotel. Check in first and ask the fro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis at the Arch, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review on TripAdvisor! We have shared your comments with our team; It is through input from our guests that we have the opportunity to review, evaluate and improve our product and services.

We want to always exceed our guests' expectations. During any stay, please contact our guest services agent immediately upon encountering any situation that does not meet your expectation. We want to correct situations as they arise, while our guests are present, so that may go away with a positive and memorable experience. At this location, we have maintenance and housekeeping personnel available to handle any issues from 6 am until 11 pm most days. While we don't expect our guests to do our job, we may be able to correct an issue more promptly with a heads up. It is evident from your review that we did not succeed during your stay in providing that experience.

Thanks again for being our guest.

Cherrie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Czech first
Aurora, IL
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My family and I came down to St.Louis for a short weekend vacation! The Drury Plaza was unbelievable!! Walking right to the Arch was great and my kids loved it! Not to mention the complimentary popcorn and soda and appetizers!!

To top it off, the assistant general manager saw me in the lobby fumbling with me camera, came over to take a picture of me and my family!! When my camera died, he was nice enough to give me an extra set of batteries! We of course got to talking and he gave us great recommendations on where to take the kids, and even pulled some strings to get us to the Botanical Gardens for free!!!

All the staff was so nice and helpful with the kids! The property was well kept and a fun atmosphere for both kids and adults alike!

Highly highly recommend (even with kids)!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Lake In The Hills
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went to St. Louis to see the breweries. Of course I wore my Chicago Cubs hat to a Cardinal's town. Mike at the front desk was very accommodating and took my Cubs humor in stride. He even called our room later and left a message asking if everything was alright.
The hotel had breakfast everyday included with the room. Every night there was free drinks and food also.
I don't recall seeing on the website for the hotel that parking was $16 extra each night. The parking garage was small and difficult to get around in but attached to the hotel anyway. Maybe because I was in my 1 month old car and didn't want to scratch it on any of the numerous posts in the deck??

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Arch !
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a great stay here. Rooms are very ice & beds comfy. The location is awesome, some rooms have views of the Arch. Perfect hotel if you are going to See a Cardinal game. Walking distance to the ballpark. The breakfast is amazing. They serve drinks & food in the evening from 5:30 - 7pm. You get 3 cocktails, & that night they had mostaccoli, meatballs, hotdogs, soup, nachos, baked potatoes...... Etc, all included with you hotel room. Almost like an all inclusive hotel! Kevin at the front desk was very very helpful throughout our stay. If I had to find anything that needs improvement, it would be the temp of the pool.......too cold, hot tub..... Way too hot. I highly suggest this gem of a hotel!

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The hotel is located next to the Arch, which is a nice park for running as well as a nice monument. Short distance to the metro and to the convention center.
The hotel is clean and the rooms are good.
Breakfast would have been great if it was a bit more healthy.

Room Tip: My room on fourth floor was convenient
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 190479Okr
Rochester, MN
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at the Drury to catch a ballgame with family. I had never stayed at a Drury hotel before, but my in-laws were very happy when they heard where we were staying - We were off to a good start!

We arrived in the morning, and were told we *should* be able to check in early. I tried to check in several times, but was told each time to "come back in an hour". We finally got in at 3:00, the official check-in time. It would have been nice if they simply told us 3:00 when we first asked, but this was a minor problem during an otherwise excellent stay - not worth losing a star.

While we were waiting to check in, one of the managers chatted with us for a while. He was very pleasant and seemed genuinely interested in us. All the staff we encountered were polite and helpful.

The room (with king bed) was clean, with plenty of room for 2 adults and our infant, including a pack-and-play and stroller. The shampoo/conditioner/body wash all comes from liquid dispensers. I needed to use a lot to get a lather, but whatever, it gets you clean.

Breakfast was crowded, but the food was delicious with lots of variety. The 5:30 kickback was the bomb! Not a huge variety of food there, but it was tasty and, c'mon, it's free. Each guest also gets 3 free drinks (including alcoholic). They also have free popcorn and soda from 3pm - 10pm.

The location is excellent as well. Easy walk to Busch stadium and Ballpark village, even while carrying a baby. The Arch of course is right next door, although we didn't get there on this trip.

In short, we all had a great time, and the Drury lived up to its reputation. Next time we're in St. Louis, we'll definitely try to come back here.

Eads, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Wanted to take our family to a cardinal game so I picked the Drury Inn after reading reviews and I was very happy I did. The hotel is two blocks from the stadium and the new ballpark village. The hotel offers breakfast, and a cocktail hour with free food that is great for kids. My only complaint would be the checking in process. You can not park till you check in and we were stuck out in the intersection blocking traffic waiting for others to move their cars so we could pull up. Needs a better system. Overall great time.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room with view of the arch.