Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
US$461
US$381
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$459
US$406
  • Restaurant
The Parkway Hotel(Saint Louis)
US$214
US$209
  • Breakfast included
Clayton Plaza Hotel(Clayton)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$353
US$331
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$290
Orbitz.com
US$304
TripAdvisor
1,853 results
All reviewsgateway archirish pubfront desklaclede's landingparking garageconvention centercity museumlouis downtownhot tubmississippi riverhotel is in a great locationroom was clean and comfortableindoor poolroom keycardinals gameyogurtst
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel the beginning of June and were very happy with everything. The staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient. Our room had a great view of the arch and the Gateway Arch park was within an easy walk and Laclede's Landing was in close proximity also. Our room, bathroom and bed were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was located on the lower level and even though it the was the typical buffet of most hotels it had a nice atmosphere with little candles on the tables.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth S
lvarney1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Ruth S,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We Love Having You Here! Thank you for the comments and noting that you would refer our property and return yourself. How nice to hear you mention a small touch - the candles in our breakfast area - thank you!! Sometimes it's the littlest things that make the biggest impact. We strive to "wow" our guests! Leslie Varney

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our first stay in this location and we will probably not return. While we like being downtown and able to walk to Busch Stadium, we were disappointed with the breakfast service in this hotel. We stayed 2 nights and ate breakfast in the hotel both days. Both times we were disappointed. Hampton Inn is the hotel we normally choose when traveling, so we know what to expect. This location did not live up to the Hampton Inn standards. The breakfast staff could not keep up with the volume of people staying in the hotel and did not appear to try.
The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and we did enjoy their service. Wish this could have carried through to the rest of the hotel.
Also, the pool was very nice. Large area, lots of pool toys and a beautiful view of the Arch.

Room Tip: 17th floor provides a nice view of the city, but the elevators take forever as this is a very busy hotel
1  Thank bkbkg

Dear bkbkg,

Our sincere apologies for not meeting, or exceeding, your expectations of On the House Hot Breakfast. This is a huge part of the Hampton brand. We understand the importance of starting your day off right! We do hope that you will return and give us another chance. We are in the process of making some staffing changes in this area. It is a busy time of year but that is no excuse; we never want our guests to feel that we are not trying to accommodate their needs. You had many good things to say but it is the constructive criticism that helps us to be the best we can be. We hope that your travels bring you back this direction and you will stay at Hampton Inn Gateway Arch! Leslie Varney

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The room is spacious but the window was locked with screws !
Even though decent clean , cannot get rid of the mildew smell inside the room .
Buffet breakfast good quantity but poor quality .
Service staff very friendly .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear alexra66,

Thank you to one of our business travelers for the constructive feedback on our property. We read all of the comments and address them in our Staff Meetings. Our apologies to you for experiencing an unpleasant odor in your room. We have fresh 'n clean bedding and each room gets a daily, thorough cleaning. We reside in an older, downtown building; we have gone through a total renovation. We are always working on improving our breakfast selections. Come on back and let us serve you with a friendly Hampton Inn smile. Leslie Varney

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was very nice and the staff was very helpful. They helped me with directions and answered all of my questions about the area and things to do. We had the arch view and my daughter loved that you could see it from our room. We walked to the City Museum and could have walked to the arch but drove instead. All in all this was a great hotel for our stay in St. Louis.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Janae P,

It was our pleasure to serve you while you were staying with us. We used your comments in a meeting the other day and read them to the staff. It is so important that our guests find our staff to be helpful! Two great choices in St. Louis - the Arch and City Museum. Hurry back! There are many more attractions to take in!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Our stay was 12-13 June 2014. We had two 2 queen beds nonsmoking on the 16th Flr, connecting rooms. The hotel was surprising large. Did not expect a gated at least 4 level enclosed parking garage. I think the garage had additional levels but the highest level we parked on was level 4. You need you room key for the parking garage doors to side up to get in; you can’t walk in that garage without a key. I like that kind of security. Although the area is not a bad area but crime is everywhere.

The breakfast area is located on the lower level. It’s a large area. Now I was disappointed with breakfast at this hotel. First the waffle makers were not turned on when the staff came in and we had to wait for them to heat up, then they did not spray them so when myself and another couple made them they stuck in the maker. The other couple gave up and I got them to spray them and made another, but I believe the batter was old because it was gummy and the first bite was nasty so I threw it away. I know what I am talking about because I had a nice breakfast waffle the day before at the Hampton at Fort Leonard Wood. I will give them credit at least the eggs were good. This was before I had to go to the airport to fly home.

The hotel décor was very nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful when I had questions about eating places, driving directions and things I was going to do. The hotel does have its own restaurant and if I had stayed longer I would have checked it out. The pool was a very nice size and there was a hot tub also. Rooms seemed a little smaller than other Hamptons I have been in but the trade off was the view of the Arch. Even with the busy traffic below, it was a quiet hotel but then again I was on the 16th Flr. The chair in the room did needed cleaning.

The one of the highlights at being at this hotel was being so close to the Arch. You can walk to the Arch but we drove over. If you get the chance do go to the Arch. You can go up inside the Arch and it is a beautiful experience. I did write about it on tripadvisor and attach pictures.

Room Tip: Room with view of Arch is nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
lvarney1, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear msworldadventure,

Our secured garage does end on 4; parking is available on 2, 3, & 4. You stayed very near to the top of the hotel, we have 17 floors. Glad that you enjoyed your "room with a view". Thank you for the feedback on the waffles. We did address this issue with our breakfast staff. We hope that you will return and have a delicious Belgian waffle! Also, you can dine at Tigin Irish Pub & Grill; this is the restaurant attached to the hotel. We are budgeted for new chairs in 2014. We are hoping to renovate, thoroughly, by 2016. Lots of reasons for you to return :)