“Pretty good...”

Cuisines: Salvadoran
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 October 2013

First, be prepared to drive around for a while looking for a parking spot. Most of the parking is metered. The food was wonderful! We had chicken wings, cabbage, corn, and cornbread. Everything was great and the price was average ($36 total for three of us). There was no line when we were there (around noon on a Wednesday). A camera crew was filming, and that held up our waiter a bit. He spent several minutes filming, which was ok because we thought it was neat to watch the process. Just be prepared to wait for your drink to be refilled if filming is going on. Here's the deal... We didn't know how things worked here exactly and felt a little weird trying to figure it out, so I'm giving you instructions for ordering at sweetie pies. You're welcome. Lol. 1. When you go in, walk on around and go to the back of the serving line. Don't hang around waiting to be seated. you get food first, then they seat you. It's weird because it's past the cash register and you would think you'd need to stop there. 2. Grab a tray. Everyone needs their own tray (even kids). 3. As you go through the line, you have to tell them what you want. I had to ask what some things were, and I'm still not sure to be honest. They scoop the food for you and give you your plate when finished. 4. You should be at the register where you will order drinks and pay up. At this point a waiter will take your tray over to a table start getting your drinks for you.
If you are like me and hate walking in a restaurant not knowing where to go, this should help. :)

5  Thank Sindi J

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

My sister and myself have been watching Sweetie Pie's since it has been on tv and we decided one day we would go. We decided for my sister's birthday we would head to St. Louis. When we got to Upper Crust there was no line because we were extremely early however the parking situation is a mess and caused us to have to leave and come back. Majority of the parking is by meters and they are not free on Saturdays (which is how it is back home in Indianapolis). When we got back there was a bus from a church so the line was pretty long. When it was time for them to open there was a gentleman that stated he was Ms. Robbie's bodyguard and we needed to be in a single file line because a camera crew was coming. When they never came he than told us to line up in twos. He was confusing. To the food...I got the catfish, cabbage, mac and cheese, cornbread and peach cobbler. Everything was great except my cabbage was a little too cold. The cobbler is the best I have had in a long time. When I was about to leave Ms. Robbie pulled up. If the food didn't make your day, she sure will. She is one of the nicest, most humble people I have ever met. She was so friendly, taking pictures with everyone. I have never been a believer in "reality tv" but all her family and herself were there like it was any old day. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. I would come back just for the experience. The food was great but it wasn't great enough to stand on it's on but overall the restaurant is wonderful. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone I know!

5  Thank indyblazer2003
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was traveling to St. Louis, Mo for a funeral on October 3, 2013 and decided to stop and eat at Sweetie Pies before checking into the hotel. I was not impressed with Sweetie Pies at all. My taste buds was for fried catch fish, but you can only get that on Friday's, so I had the smoothered pork chop, mac & cheese and blackeye peas. The mac & cheese was the only decent dish that I had. The pork chop, I needed a steak knife to cut and it was very fatty. The blackeye peas tasted like they came from the can and was doctored up. The peach and pear cobbler was very sweet. Staff did not seem to know anything and was too involved in looking at TV to take care of the guest. We wanted something from the Bar but was told that the bar is not open unless "Charles" is there and if Charles is not behine the bar then the bar is closed. About 10 minutes we were asked if we still wanted something from the Bar because they had a female bartender that could take our order. We ask for a carry out menu, but they do not have that. I had my first and last visit at Sweetie Pie's or Sweetie Poo as I now refer to it as.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Sweetie Pies was so awesome, The line went quickly the servers were clean,friendly, and so very nice.....There was a jazz singer performing on the day we went and he was very good.....Rose was our server and she was warm knowledgeable and so on top of our needs.....If you are going from downtown hop in a cab.......

3  Thank Natalie W
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I'm all about checking out new spots whether they are hyped or otherwise, I just like to see for myself. This is a glorified cafeteria style restaurant. The food is good, Southern style cuisine. We waited in line about an hour and 15 mins. Food was good...my family enjoyed it. We did get to see the owner Ms. Robbie. She came out into the crowd and allowed us to take pics etc for a few minutes. She's a Sweetie Pie. I think you should check it out if you're looking for something to do or you're planning to pass through St. Louis.

3  Thank MrsKimMorrow