“should not even be a sleeping establishment”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #115 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My first room had a bad noise in the heater,, was moved to a different room. Heat would not turn on and off automatically, so throughout the night I had to wake up to turn on and off the heat. Absolutely no internet, was told by staff the property mgmt knows and staff has been told to have gst to keep trying to log in and maybe it will connect. ? Never happened. Used my phone hot spot, I paid for something that I did not get. Toilet woild not flush properly due to someone lowering the float in the tank so not enough water was coming into the tank. I fixed that. The sink aerator was at a trickle, took it off to get some pressure. The popup valve was not even there. The shower curtain had holes in it and was off the track and had lots of black growth all over it. I have no hair on my body even my head is shaved. There was more long hair on the flooring along with slim like build up in the corneds that I almost got sick. U can tell its an old motel 6 or other lower quality property, worst one I have been in. I drove 12 hours to get there to get a 3 hr interrupted sleep. I should dispute the cc charges. Never again with this brand ....
On leaving...durning the night was an ice storm. So what do they do. ? No salt, no sand, guests slipping and sliding on ice..accident waiting...ill be your witness

Room Tip: Stay far away but if you must,,, get upper floor, mine was middle of first floor so all I hear was b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Uniquengay71

Reviewed 14 October 2013

needed a place close to public tranport(bus which took me to the train station)bus stop was at the end of the grass area. took me directly to the staion where i caught the train to wherever i needed to go or other bus stops. literally 3 minutes to airport which they shuttled me to and fro when needed.nothng fancy but clean and safe neighborhood dennys within walking distance as well as a few other restaraunts.breakfast typically, cereal toast mini donuts coffee juice and milk,,would stay there again if needed. if going to st louis be sure and go to SWEETIE PIES..took the bus there, stop is directly in front and it was DELICIOUS :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Old, run down, smelly, bullet hole in window at room 117, extremely worn out stained furnishings. No point in complaining, the very nice young man at the desk was born after the last renovation. Non smoking room reeked of smoke. Go anywhere else.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this location. I peeked in multiple windows, one room was just as sad as...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cicadakiller
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Nice front desk service guy. Other than that everything was awful. Looked sketchy when we pulled up. It reeked of smoke even in our non smoking room. Everything was old and worn out. Sheets were musty and I was unsure about the cleanliness. Tv was from the 50s and no Internet as advertised. We did not feel safe in the bottom floor. We left to go to the Marriott across the street. Never again!

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Theatreman22
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Run do not walk away from this place. Filthy, no shuttle although they advertise there is, stale breakfast, what there was, and very loud. Do not stay here! I called to see how to get the shuttle and he told me they did not have a shuttle and the cab cost me $15.00 and the cab driver told me as well that they never have a shuttle. Nearest food closes very early. Would never, ever stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joan P
Reviewed 5 August 2013

They say "you get what you pay for." I booked through Bookings.com. It was one of the most inexpensive rates that I found that looked clean; and I took it because I was arriving after 1 am and driving out early in the morning. One of my major considerations was that it advertised "24 hour free airport shuttle" and "free internet." Both were false! When I called around midnight from the airport, I was informed that the shuttle stopped at 11 pm. Shocked and frustrated, I tried to explain that two different internet sites claimed "24 hour shuttle service." The front desk person was obdurate and kept insisting that there is no 24 hour service. I took a taxi. Then, the internet did NOT work. Beyond that, the room smelled horribly and the general appearance of the place was a little tired and old.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank RCHaus
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Could have been 5 stars but I had one issue and the check out clerk upset me enough upon leaving that I was ready to smack someone not the best way to leave. I arrived early on the 14th I was told to come back at 2pm which was fine I kinda knew I wouldnt be able to checkin early and was fine with that when I came back the girl checked me in she was very nice professional but I cant tell you who she was she had no name tag. I asked for a recomdation on food and she pointed me in the right direction. I went to the room, the rooms are nice new carpet, new beds, new sheets, but they could use a touch up on the point job they had some places had been hit with luggage or had been missed the first time. Overall the room was nice and clean. Raymond at the front desk couldnt have been nicer in helping me get places I needed to go and reseting my key when I left it in room or in my car in the heat. My issue happened on the 17th the day before I was going to checkout. I cleaned up what I thought was overflow from the shower and went out to do what I had to do when I came back I found out the toilet was leaking at the bottom. I decided Id put up with it and let them know at checkout. When I checked out the desk clerk didnt speak enough english to understand what I was saying and wanted to keep telling me no room was fine no it wasnt you have an issue with the toilet but overall the room and staff where very nice to me and helped me while I was away from home.Also even thought this hotel is near the airport I heard no planes taking off in the middle of the night which was a good thing for sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo